• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

Neighbor was moving and saved about 500 or more records from being tossed.

Hoping to figure out a was to turn them into comic money. records are from the 1930s - 1980ish. about 20 records are junk to be tossed. Sorry for the bad pic don't want to show to much of the garage. Anyone know anything about records locally? lol

record001.jpg

I hit the mother load today for way cool VHS tapes. The original Batman series from 1949, Captain America from 1944, Nyoka, Red Ryder, Crimson Ghost, Masked Marvel, Captain Marvel Etc. I have no idea what to watch first :ohnoez:

OMG that is a TON of video goodness. I can't wait to see what you get the 2nd time around. Those horror and sci-fi are amoung my all time favorites.

Now what I AM noticing is a marked lack of the 50's sci-fi horror with things like TARANTULA, I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLFTHE GIANT CLAW, GIANT GILA MONSTER, IT CONQUERED THE WORLD etc etc.

Many of these have yet to hit DVD. I am betting, based on his tastes, there are a good number of them there. If you find them grab them.

I don't own a VCR anymore but if that collection hit my lap I would get one in a heartbeat!

Lettuce know what is in roiund 2.

I hit the mother load today for way cool VHS tapes. The original Batman series from 1949, Captain America from 1944, Nyoka, Red Ryder, Crimson Ghost, Masked Marvel, Captain Marvel Etc. I have no idea what to watch first :ohnoez:

OMG that is a TON of video goodness. I can't wait to see what you get the 2nd time around. Those horror and sci-fi are amoung my all time favorites.

Now what I AM noticing is a marked lack of the 50's sci-fi horror with things like TARANTULA, I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLFTHE GIANT CLAW, GIANT GILA MONSTER, IT CONQUERED THE WORLD etc etc.

Many of these have yet to hit DVD. I am betting, based on his tastes, there are a good number of them there. If you find them grab them.

I don't own a VCR anymore but if that collection hit my lap I would get one in a heartbeat!

Lettuce know what is in roiund 2.

I went back and He had said that he forgot to bring them. :eyeroll:

Neighbor was moving and saved about 500 or more records from being tossed. Hoping to figure out a was to turn them into comic money. records are from the 1930s - 1980ish. about 20 records are junk to be tossed. Sorry for the bad pic don't want to show to much of the garage. Anyone know anything about records locally? lol

Be sure to set aside the good stuff. If you have any records that are RCA/Victor with "Stereo Action" at the top, be sure to keep those. There are actually some rare jazz and classical albums that collectors will pay hundreds for. A friend of mine is really good at tracking down first-edition rare classical records and for a while he paid his rent buying and selling them.

Some records truly are junk and will never be worth anything, but I still hate to throw them in the garbage. Give them to Salvation Army or Goodwill and let them sort it out. Also, album-cover art is a very underappreciated thing, and many album covers are worthy of display. If you see any really cool covers consider buying a frame made specially for records and putting in on your wall. I have several like that and they are very attractive.

Post photos when you've sorted out some of the cooler records.

Hey Guys,

I just got a table top Neo Geo 'arcade' machine (with built in arcade monitor and real joysticks) with about six built in games. I would love to show a picture, but I do not know how to upload pictures to this site. Can anyone advise?

The machine looks pretty cool and was made for home use, as there is no 'coin' slot. I had an original Neo Geo Gold cartridge system as a kid (still have it); so when I spotted this item while 'picking' I just had to buy it. It does work and is pretty cool. I didn't know SNK made these, as it is marked SNK Playmore Neo Geo. This tells me it is later model; as the original home Neo Geo systems (and arcade systems) were made by SNK. Then the company ran into some financial trouble and they became SNK Playmore. Still, I think it is a cool item and the price was way below market value ( if I told you how much I paid you would NOT believe me).

Anyway, if anyone could help me learn how to upload pictures, I would like to show off some of my 'picking' finds. Keep in mind I do this every weekend so I find lots of cool stuff!

Respectfully,

'mint'

@mint - is this an upright or cocktail table arcade with cabinet? The market on these has really transformed in the last decade. At one time, I was going after cocktail arcade tables of classic games. Two big transitions occurred that sidestepped the need for coin-slot arcades.

The first and most obvious is the home gaming console. Even arcade/gaming centers like Chuckee Cheese work on token/ticketing. Guys sitting on vintage inventory of tweener games from the time the vintage classics were made to the time home consoles were born is a very narrow window for most 30 and 40 somethings to have developed memories of playing these games in an arcade. Buying memories of these types of arcade examples usually means a limited and specialized seconday market (i.e. collectors who have to have every generation).

The second is the multicade revolution. Uprights amd cocktail arcades fitted with a licensed motherboard loaded with vintage classics and mounted on a custom cabinet with 60 or 80 classics, or the mame (unlicensed/bootleg) versions, have tapped most of the secondary market interest. Some of the licensed versions come with a coin slot so they really do well to recapture the arcade experience without all the hang-ups of bringing a tempermental 30-yr old arcade into your home with aging hardware.

All said, yours sounds like an early generation of the licensed multicade experience, which is quite cool in itself. With any arcade, the value is directly tied to the games, the working condition (electronics, monitor, coin-slot) and shape/appearance of the cabinet. What are the games on yours?

Anyway, if anyone could help me learn how to upload pictures, I would like to show off some of my 'picking' finds. Keep in mind I do this every weekend so I find lots of cool stuff!

Respectfully,

'mint'

PM sent, with detailed instructions.

@mint - is this an upright or cocktail table arcade with cabinet? The market on these has really transformed in the last decade. At one time, I was going after cocktail arcade tables of classic games. Two big transitions occurred that sidestepped the need for coin-slot arcades.

The first and most obvious is the home gaming console. Even arcade/gaming centers like Chuckee Cheese work on token/ticketing. Guys sitting on vintage inventory of tweener games from the time the vintage classics were made to the time home consoles were born is a very narrow window for most 30 and 40 somethings to have developed memories of playing these games in an arcade. Buying memories of these types of arcade examples usually means a limited and specialized seconday market (i.e. collectors who have to have every generation).

The second is the multicade revolution. Uprights amd cocktail arcades fitted with a licensed motherboard loaded with vintage classics and mounted on a custom cabinet with 60 or 80 classics, or the mame (unlicensed/bootleg) versions, have tapped most of the secondary market interest. Some of the licensed versions come with a coin slot so they really do well to recapture the arcade experience without all the hang-ups of bringing a tempermental 30-yr old arcade into your home with aging hardware.

All said, yours sounds like an early generation of the licensed multicade experience, which is quite cool in itself. With any arcade, the value is directly tied to the games, the working condition (electronics, monitor, coin-slot) and shape/appearance of the cabinet. What are the games on yours?

Hello ComicWiz,

Glad you replied. To answer your questions; this is a licensed unit. It does not have a 'coin slot' but has arcade joysticks, monitor, and a fully original looking cabinet. It is in very good/excellent condition with some modest wear. I have to clean it. I will attempt to get pictures up soon; at what time I will reveal the price I paid.

Here are the games: Metal Slug 2, Samurai Shodown (spelled correctly-lol!), King of Fighters 94', League Bowling, Top Player's Golf, and King of the Monsters,

You select the game once you power up the unit. It does have load times (minor) mainly in between changing games. This surprises me. I have not opened the unit up; but this makes me wonder it they used a CD based system to create these or if these are actual ROM chips? I own BOTH a home Neo Geo system and a Neo Geo CD system and I have never seen anything like this!

Hopefully, 'pics' will help answer your questions. I thank you all for all your help and replying. I am still in the middle of one of my 'picking' expeditions. I had time to stop home and check the 'boards' so I thought I would quick reply.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'