• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clayton Crain commissions
4 4

341 posts in this topic

Amazing! I had Crain down for a possible Batman at HeroesCon.

Did he mention any problems with the cover?

I inquired bc I wanted to know if he would willing to do one on a Batman 61 but have not heard a response. Guess he doesnt' mind the cover lol

I inquired bc I wanted to know if he would willing to do one on a Batman 61 but have not heard a response. Guess he doesnt' mind the cover lol

I think the new Batman 61 cover stock is different from the Batman 18 cover stock. But, I don't think that will make a difference for his acrylics. He didn't mention any problems working on this cover.

However, he takes so much time painting that I don't know if he can do a book at a show. You might need to mail it to him in advance and pick it up at the show.

I think the new Batman 61 cover stock is different from the Batman 18 cover stock. But, I don't think that will make a difference for his acrylics. He didn't mention any problems working on this cover.

Yeah it is different but I don't have an 18 anymore. I hate to be the guinea pig in case the acrylics wont take with the 61's waxy cover.

In any case (worship) on yours

While I was visiting with Crain, I snuck a peek at some commissions he is doing for others and I saw some crazy good stuff: Deadpool, Storm, Spidey, Wolverine...It was sensory overload seeing so much amazing art at once. I saw sketch books, wood panels, canvas, a backer board.

I don't know who he was doing them for but I hope they are boardies because you guys will be happy. Crain said he was going to post some on his website today so you might want to check it out.

Crain commissions

DUDE!!!

Where are you getting all of these Weapon X covers? Did Clayton hook you up?

There was a dealer who got some left over blanks from HERO a while back and was auctioning them on eBay. I got a few for special opportunities.

DUDE!!!

Where are you getting all of these Weapon X covers? Did Clayton hook you up?

I'm convinced this guy just has a amazing stack of HI blanks in a box at his house.

It's okay if he gave them to you, I got a few Vampirella blanks from an artist not too long ago.