• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

Maybe it's time to shut down the probation list as it seems like more and more boardies don't care about selling to people on it...

Now for the preamble:

1) No HOS or probation members

:takeit: Hulk 181 9.2

:gossip: That would be you Sagat

Frank (Carebear) paid me immediately after posting the :takeit: and the book has gone out. He was the first person to pay me who bought anything in this tread and I have had no problems dealing with him. Not sure why he was on the probation list but he has been first class all the way for me to deal with.

Not sure if this is the place for it, but I sold a HI DOLLAR ASM to Frank and everything went perfect (thumbs u

Frank (Carebear) paid me immediately after posting the :takeit: and the book has gone out. He was the first person to pay me who bought anything in this tread and I have had no problems dealing with him. Not sure why he was on the probation list but he has been first class all the way for me to deal with.

So why bother with posting this at the beginning of your sales thread if you are not going to honor it ? (shrug)

Now for the preamble:

1) No HOS or probation members

I admire and appreciate you coming clean about selling to someone who is on the probation list, as a lot of others would do it on the slide, but I do think it's a pity and undermines the validity and usefulness of the probation list. I'm sure you'll get a PM from "Frank" telling you I have some imaginary grudge against him, but I would do this to every one who has landed himself on the probation list or HOS.

Why? Frank posted :takeit: and had already paid me before anyone alerted me to the fact he was on the probation list. What would you have suggested I do in that case.

Not sure what he did to get on the probation list in the first place but in dealing with me he seems like a good buyer and someone I would do business with again. Sounds like SpiderDan had a transaction go well with him too.

FYI, I have always paid for my items I purchased and delivered when sold. I should never have been on probie list to begin with. I saw that insulting thread about my family and didn't appreciate it one bit but I swallowed that and never commented and I don't know why you insist on targeting me. God Bless you.

Edited by SAGAT

I fixed the probation list. Hopefully it stays that way until decided otherwise. I'm pretty sure it's not ok to just remove your own name.

Much appreciated but I made the necessary correction. Have a great day.

I fixed the probation list. Hopefully it stays that way until decided otherwise. I'm pretty sure it's not ok to just remove your own name.

I intend to. When I get back, I will check to see how your day went. :hi:

That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I agree 100% Since the probie list was Divads brain child I nominate him.

That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I agree 100% should be locked for those who are proven with concrete evidence and not put on based on opinion to be on the list.

Edited by SAGAT

I agree 100% should be locked for those who are proven with concrete evidence and not put on based on opinion to be on the list.

Sagat you need to take it up with the boardie you wronged.

So YOU'RE the guy that walks into the middle of rush hour traffic, pulls down your pants, and drops a deuce on the median strip but you believe since you've covered your own eyes that no one else can see what you're doing.

Good to know. (thumbs u

A bit of information about the issue with SAGAT is included here .
Here's a link to Twistty1's post that started the discussion in the PL list - it's from a few days before the addition of Sagat to the PL list & it does go on for a few pages.

(worship)

Wow, I must have missed those posts. Corroborating testimony by two boardies... seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I should never have been on probie list to begin with...

Good thing you brought this to everyone's attention. :makepoint:

Wow, I must have missed those posts. Corroborating testimony by two boardies... seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I should never have been on probie list to begin with...

Good thing you brought this to everyone's attention. :makepoint:

My high school classmate under twistty bought a avengers 1 raw from me which was never cgc graded. 3years later I saw him in a gym where I play basketball and he started getting violent .He claimed the book was restored so I was threatened -I had no choice but to refund him $400 even though the book was never graded. I did not want to engage in violence-in fact I could have called police. So I thought that was end of it according to him as he thought we reached and agreed on a settlement (I was of the opinion I was threatened and robbed) -that should have been the end of it then there was trash talk about me from him on the boards the very next day etc I believe I was put on probe list for that transaction. I have always paid for everything I bought and always delivered when sold. I never deal in raw books again. Thats the whole story for re-assurance.

Edited by SAGAT

Andy/october says in the linked thread, in reference to your Avengers #1:

He belongs on the list, regardless of the on the board/off the board technicalities. The guy outright admitted to my FACE that he was going to sell the book as unrestored, right after I got finished telling him that the spine had been worked on.

Andy/october says in the linked thread, in reference to the Avengers #1:

He belongs on the list, regardless of the on the board/off the board technicalities. The guy outright admitted to my FACE that he was going to sell the book as unrestored, right after I got finished telling him that the spine had been worked on.

I've seen October's posts but I never met this person before nor was he present when I bought this book. I never made such comments nor would I.

I've seen October's posts but I never met this person before nor was he present when I bought this book. I never made such comments nor would I.

So you are saying it's Andy's word against yours.

I would bet he would be willing to swear an affidavit under oath under penalty of law to back up his statement.

That and the respect he's earned on the boards, in business and in person with several people here leaves you in an interesting position with regards to this new set of claims.

So you are saying it's Andy's word against yours.

I would bet he would be willing to swear an affidavit under oath under penalty of law to back up his statement.

That and the respect he's earned on the boards, in business and in person with several people here leaves you in an interesting position with regards to this new set of claims.

So by coincidence he happened to be there during my purchase of this book many years ago and I said all this to his face? I bought from Canada. Again never met this person but he has alot of anger towards me. Apologies if I wronged him in any way.

Edited by SAGAT