• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

Well, the problem I have is the lack of communication in private that lead to this dialogue in the open forum. Before I posted here I checked to see if the seller made any posts anywhere else in the forum. He posted a response in the Golden Age thread. That is when I got offended. If he has time to make comments in a sales thread then he should have time to respond to my message. He did not send a response until I posted in this thread.

This is my first time buying from this seller so I don't know him as you all do. All I wanted to know was if he mailed the package so I could check the post office to see if they made an error in their delivery confirmation system. Which they do. I mail items out 2-3 times a week so I know. The item could have been sitting at the post office waiting on me or something to that effect. As a buyer I have a right to inquire about a transaction at any time since its my money.

I don't have any animosity toward the seller nor am I looking to hit him with negative feedback. If people are ok with waiting 30 days for items from him so be it. If he had notified me that it would take up to 30 days then I would have known not to be concerned.

I don't think there is ever a time that a seller shouldn't respond to a pm from a buyer. It may not be the same day but it should be promptly.

You're totally right. When I mentioned 30 days, I only meant that that's the minimum time you gotta wait before moving ahead with the probation process. Although, in the case of some of the high volume, professional dealers here, I know that I personally would not be worried about getting stiffed.

I'm having trouble getting a response from Dale Roberts concerning the comics I paid for in his modern sales thread. I paid on 3/19/12 and subsequently received a tracking number for Priority mail shipping. To this date there is no information regarding the items actually being shipped. The only information I see is that a delivery confirmation number was created. I have sent two messages to Dale but I have not received a response.

Actually he sent a question on the 25th and I was in Kansas City and forgot to respond and then he sent one a couple of hours ago that I already responded to.

Sorry, had alot to ship and get ready for Planet Comicon and now C2E2. I probably should have gotten to it before now, but I didn't. Finished shipping everything today.

I hope this doesn't become like ebay where if people don't have there books in 5 days you start getting negative feedback. I know when I buy stuff, I don't ever give it a second thought. I know it will show up at some point.

Thanks to all you guys for sticking up for me. I really appreciate it, and I will try to do better about communication.

Quit wasting your time in Kansas City! :baiting:

Looks like she's voted already. lol

I voted no. I don't like the way she does business and I know she can veer from the truth but I don't believe she has done anything probation worthy.

kinda agreed

I voted no. I don't like the way she does business and I know she can veer from the truth but I don't believe she has done anything probation worthy.

Like telling a board member that she was going to do a chargeback on him and keep his books. At what point does a veer turn into theft?

Like telling a board member that she was going to do a chargeback on him and keep his books. At what point does a veer turn into theft?

Well, did the chargeback actually happen? It was just an idle threat, no? HoS should be serious business...

Well, did the chargeback actually happen? It was just an idle threat, no? HoS should be serious business...

No. She was headed off and painted herself into a corner that the only way to save an ounce of credibility was to back away from the threat.

Thanks though, for giving that last ounce of credibility. You're exactly what she's looking for to rebuild her house of lies. Bid early and bid often.

No. She was headed off and painted herself into a corner that the only way to save an ounce of credibility was to back away from the threat.

Thanks though, for giving that last ounce of credibility. You're exactly what she's looking for to rebuild her house of lies. Bid early and bid often.

I take it all back. It appears as though she's already on the Probation List.

I guess the vote really isn't necessary after all.

Seeing as she may be a he, who also was once in some other shady or (damp) scandal, maybe reconsider the vote :)
After studying the great detective work you have done, I am going to go back and vote.

:popcorn:

Seeing as she may be a he, who also was once in some other shady or (damp) scandal, maybe reconsider the vote :)

:applause::applause::applause:

Please change my vote for 'No' to yes. She is a he and Prime is a shill.

Please change my vote for 'No' to yes. She is a he and Prime is a shill.

The new ID should be added to the line with the old ID automatically.

Maybe it's time to shut down the probation list as it seems like more and more boardies don't care about selling to people on it...

Now for the preamble:

1) No HOS or probation members

:takeit: Hulk 181 9.2

:gossip: That would be you Sagat

Frank (Carebear) paid me immediately after posting the :takeit: and the book has gone out. He was the first person to pay me who bought anything in this tread and I have had no problems dealing with him. Not sure why he was on the probation list but he has been first class all the way for me to deal with.

Not sure if this is the place for it, but I sold a HI DOLLAR ASM to Frank and everything went perfect (thumbs u

Frank (Carebear) paid me immediately after posting the :takeit: and the book has gone out. He was the first person to pay me who bought anything in this tread and I have had no problems dealing with him. Not sure why he was on the probation list but he has been first class all the way for me to deal with.

So why bother with posting this at the beginning of your sales thread if you are not going to honor it ? (shrug)

Now for the preamble:

1) No HOS or probation members

I admire and appreciate you coming clean about selling to someone who is on the probation list, as a lot of others would do it on the slide, but I do think it's a pity and undermines the validity and usefulness of the probation list. I'm sure you'll get a PM from "Frank" telling you I have some imaginary grudge against him, but I would do this to every one who has landed himself on the probation list or HOS.

Why? Frank posted :takeit: and had already paid me before anyone alerted me to the fact he was on the probation list. What would you have suggested I do in that case.

Not sure what he did to get on the probation list in the first place but in dealing with me he seems like a good buyer and someone I would do business with again. Sounds like SpiderDan had a transaction go well with him too.