• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,899 posts in this topic

If the book is limited to 500 copies a $100 BIN is a steal. The one book that has a large color breaking crease isn't worth the $100 but the other one is absolutely a gamble that I was happy to take. Ghost, thank you for the heads up on the ebay listing. I appreciate it.

i think i'll just lurk in the forum seller area and hope i get lucky...these ebay sellers give me nightmares.

I couldn't agree more. I send shipping instructions with my purchase, cross my fingers and hold my a** for fear that I'm going to get f'd every time I buy something on ebay. It's kind of like playing dice on a street corner. Even when you win there's a good chance you're going home broke or with a black eye and a chipped tooth.

If the book is limited to 500 copies a $100 BIN is a steal. The one book that has a large color breaking crease isn't worth the $100 but the other one is absolutely a gamble that I was happy to take. Ghost, thank you for the heads up on the ebay listing. I appreciate it.

Go on eBay and look for Walking Dead 75, 87 or 88 for relatively recent examples.

Don't worry. It won't be that much.

???

Patience my friend.

I do get excited with myself sometimes. Being new, I'm learning.

I'll be collecting the series as well. Lesson 1: Never buy the 1st eBay listing unless it's one of a kind.

Go on eBay and look for Walking Dead 75, 87 or 88 for relatively recent examples.

Those are books that were limited to 500? I didn't know? I wasn't around when they were released. Remember I just got back into comics so I've only seen the 200 issue print run on Walking Dead 94 black & white and the heat surrounding that issue. I figured it's only a $100. If it was a little bit more I would have hesitated. I think it will really come down to whether or not I get a mangled copy or a nice one.

I think patience is a virtue with the Saga RRP.

Case in point: Back in the good 'ol days (2007) Dark Horse produced a limited edition RRP of Umbrella Academy Apocalypse Suite #1 (limited to 1,000 copies). I don't have data on what raw copies went for when they first hit the market, but GPA will show you what the first 9.8 slabs went for. If memory serves, it was somewhere around $300. Once the market for these things matured, the average price fell back to the $150-$200 range. People see "limited edition" and freak out because they don't want to miss out on it, but believe me when I say they will be available later. I've managed to secure 12 copies of the UA book in a little over 2 years (6 raw, 5 CGC 9.8, 1 CGC 9.9).

Granted, the Saga RRP has half the print run, but copies will be available at a more reasonable price once all the hype dies down.

Those are books that were limited to 500? I didn't know? I wasn't around when they were released. Remember I just got back into comics so I've only seen the 200 issue print run on Walking Dead 94 black & white and the heat surrounding that issue. I figured it's only a $100. If it was a little bit more I would have hesitated. I think it will really come down to whether or not I get a mangled copy or a nice one.

No worries. If you didn't somebody would have. Do you plan to collect the entire series?

No worries. If you didn't somebody would have. Do you plan to collect the entire series?

It's one of the books I'm most excited about. Add me to the group of people who are saving money because Fiona Staples does computer art and isn't slinging OA. I'm hooked. That's whay it was an easy call. I probably wouldn't have winced at $150 as long as the photo wasn't like the other listing where you could watch the seller damage the book in the photo doh! I guess it's better that he's open and honest about the way he handles his books than laying the copy down, taking a nice photo and then picking it up and bending it before he puts it in the mail.