Page 58 of 933 « First<5657585960>Last »
Topic Options
#5595791 - 04/12/12 04:14 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Branget]
buddymagoo Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Manchester, UK
 Originally Posted By: branget
 Originally Posted By: buddymagoo
Don't worry. It won't be that much.

\?\?\?

Patience my friend.

I do get excited with myself sometimes. Being new, I'm learning.

My Comic Art Fans gallery
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=141648

#5595797 - 04/12/12 04:16 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: buddymagoo]
Branget Offline

Branget: This is all fine and good but I'm at almost 18k posts and still no custom title. How do you explain that?

Arch: I guess I can't.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The placement is PERFECT!
Don't worry. It won't be that much.

\?\?\?

Patience my friend.

I do get excited with myself sometimes. Being new, I'm learning.

I'll be collecting the series as well. Lesson 1: Never buy the 1st eBay listing unless it's one of a kind.

Almost everyone here knows that Jeff is a knob of biblical proportions. - comix4fun

#5595800 - 04/12/12 04:17 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Branget]
Nico Esq Offline

Originally Posted By: Nico Esq
If the book is limited to 500 copies a $100 BIN is a steal. The one book that has a large color breaking crease isn't worth the $100 but the other one is absolutely a gamble that I was happy to take. Ghost, thank you for the heads up on the ebay listing. I appreciate it.

Go on eBay and look for Walking Dead 75, 87 or 88 for relatively recent examples.

Those are books that were limited to 500? I didn't know? I wasn't around when they were released. Remember I just got back into comics so I've only seen the 200 issue print run on Walking Dead 94 black & white and the heat surrounding that issue. I figured it's only a $100. If it was a little bit more I would have hesitated. I think it will really come down to whether or not I get a mangled copy or a nice one.

#5595801 - 04/12/12 04:17 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: krighton]
MadGenius Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Mechanicsville, VA
I think patience is a virtue with the Saga RRP.

Case in point: Back in the good 'ol days (2007) Dark Horse produced a limited edition RRP of Umbrella Academy Apocalypse Suite #1 (limited to 1,000 copies). I don't have data on what raw copies went for when they first hit the market, but GPA will show you what the first 9.8 slabs went for. If memory serves, it was somewhere around $300. Once the market for these things matured, the average price fell back to the $150-$200 range. People see "limited edition" and freak out because they don't want to miss out on it, but believe me when I say they will be available later. I've managed to secure 12 copies of the UA book in a little over 2 years (6 raw, 5 CGC 9.8, 1 CGC 9.9).

Granted, the Saga RRP has half the print run, but copies will be available at a more reasonable price once all the hype dies down.

#5595807 - 04/12/12 04:20 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: MadGenius]
Branget Offline

Branget: This is all fine and good but I'm at almost 18k posts and still no custom title. How do you explain that?

TOTAL NEWBIE

lol

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Image-SAGA-1-DIAMOND-RETAILER-SUMMIT-Variant-RRP-BRIAN-K-VAUGHAN-/300695140255?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4602d3b79f#ht_500wt_922

Almost everyone here knows that Jeff is a knob of biblical proportions. - comix4fun

#5595811 - 04/12/12 04:22 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Nico Esq]
Branget Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

If the book is limited to 500 copies a $100 BIN is a steal. The one book that has a large color breaking crease isn't worth the $100 but the other one is absolutely a gamble that I was happy to take. Ghost, thank you for the heads up on the ebay listing. I appreciate it.

Go on eBay and look for Walking Dead 75, 87 or 88 for relatively recent examples.

Those are books that were limited to 500? I didn't know? I wasn't around when they were released. Remember I just got back into comics so I've only seen the 200 issue print run on Walking Dead 94 black & white and the heat surrounding that issue. I figured it's only a $100. If it was a little bit more I would have hesitated. I think it will really come down to whether or not I get a mangled copy or a nice one.

No worries. If you didn't somebody would have. Do you plan to collect the entire series?

#5595815 - 04/12/12 04:22 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Branget]
tjanse Offline

Loc: northern arizona
Now they are just gettin silly
#5595816 - 04/12/12 04:22 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Branget]
MadGenius Offline

Loc: Mechanicsville, VA

doh\!

#5595831 - 04/12/12 04:27 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Branget]
Nico Esq Offline

No worries. If you didn't somebody would have. Do you plan to collect the entire series?

It's one of the books I'm most excited about. Add me to the group of people who are saving money because Fiona Staples does computer art and isn't slinging OA. I'm hooked. That's whay it was an easy call. I probably wouldn't have winced at $150 as long as the photo wasn't like the other listing where you could watch the seller damage the book in the photo doh\! I guess it's better that he's open and honest about the way he handles his books than laying the copy down, taking a nice photo and then picking it up and bending it before he puts it in the mail.

#5595858 - 04/12/12 04:38 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Solar]
MojoComics Offline
(S)uper Collector

Loc: W-S, NC
 Originally Posted By: Solar
Here's two more. The way the guy is holding them doesn't inspire confidence:

The top corner of the first book inspires even less. \:\(

Page 58 of 933 « First<5657585960>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
by agentjim007
01:51 PM
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
11/26/14 10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Comics Marketplace
**The New Avengers: Secrets & Lies**
by Primetime
03:30 AM
Some are HOT some will be HOT - Various Ages
by dead_clone
11:12 PM
Ebay Listing: DR. WHO Sketch Cover, original art
by ScottPVaughn
06:42 PM
THANKFUL FOR COMICS BLACK FRIDAY PRICE DROP!! TTA 27 & AVENGERS 4 + BATS & GGA
by TeeDub
04:41 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 3.861 seconds in which 3.848 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing