• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

well then he's a rare breed of person.

I imagine that he's frustrated with Hollywood's failure to get Y the Last Man made in a reasonable amount of time and that the grief that has created would demand a premium price tag for film rights to Saga. There are also a growing number of comic creators who believe (for good reason) that some stories are best told as a comic series. Luther Strode is a good example. As much as I would love to see it on the big or small screen it would change the experience if it was transformed into a movie or TV show. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. In fact it may be a good thing. I've seen Justin Jordan remark that the reason for the uber violence in Luther Strode is because we are numb to the blood and violence in comics. Look at America's Got Powers first issue. I doubt that many of us blinked at the violence in that book, but if it was comparably violent in a TV show or film anyone would feel bad about the injury and loss that occurred in that story.

Nico please do me a favour and stop asking for opinions of value here. Please? Just here and Chew. The rest have at it.

The CGC boards are not designed to strictly discuss plot developments, art or story content. As much as this is a forum to discuss content, CGC is equally if not more so a device to secure and preserve value for comics based upon there condition. If you want to avoid discusisons about the investment potential, retail sales, secondary market, etc. I suggest that you you participate in another message board. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's not fair for you to take jabs at me for wanting to discuss collectability and value on a CGC Board. Particularly when you sell comics and I don't. I collect them and because I'm a collector I like to discuss when to buy and when I should wait to buy.

Have you read #2?

It was on the top of my stack. I thought it was almost as good as the first issue and that it may have been better if it was the same length as the first issue. I've very excited about issue 3. I thought that the last page was freakin' awesome! If this comic isn't worth the paper it's printed on I'll read it until it stops being published. I think Fiona Staples art is a perfect fit for the book and that her style beautifully compliments the content of the book. I am really diggind the plot with the bounty hunters. Move over Boba Fett. BKV has an army of intergalactic bounty hunters that out cool the coolest bounty hunter from my childhood.

What did you think of the second issue?

So I ask nicely and I get a big fat you. Welcome to the boards. (thumbs u

To answer your continuous question of value Saga #1 is almost 3 times the print run of YTLM, same writer and has little if any chance of becoming a story in any other medium. The 'value' will never be higher than it is right now from a secondary market perspective. Take it to the bank.

So I ask nicely and I get a big fat you. Welcome to the boards. (thumbs u

Can I please, please have your Chew collection? Can I please, please please at least have those priceless SS sketch covers? Of course I can't. Just because you ask nicely doesn't mean that I'll do something. If I thought for a second that it was somehow improper to discuss a topic, I wouldn't do it. It isn't improper to discuss print runs, value, prospective value, etc. and I appologized for not conceading to your request and indicated that I wasn't trying to be rude. I am sorry if you misunderstood my tone to be disrespectful. It was not intended to be a rude response.

To answer your continuous question of value Saga #1 is almost 3 times the print run of YTLM, same writer and has little if any chance of becoming a story in any other medium. The 'value' will never be higher than it is right now from a secondary market perspective. Take it to the bank.

The reason I asked the question is because I keep going back and forth on this issue. If it was any other writer, I wouldn't have any doubt that the 37K print run would be the kiss of death for the book in the secondary market, but when I look at books like New Mutants 98 and Vengeance of Bane and the price tags they command with print runs that are 500% higher than Saga 1 I have second thoughts. I have a particular interest in this because I didn't get my hands on a SS copy of Saga 1 and I don't know whether I should continue to move full steam ahead until I get my hands on one or whether I should wait.

Does anyone know whether the RRP variant discussed earlier in the thread was actually just the cover for Saga 1 (3rd print) or if there is such a book that is being published? Any information regarding this is appreciated.

If there is an RRP I will have a few copies on Friday. There will be a MULTITUDE of SS since I plan to have the entire series double SS for my collection.

And asking politely for the same question to not be asked repeatedly is a little different than asking for my OA. It was asked several times and for the most part ignored. But like I said if the reason is because of missing SS then you need not worry or scramble.

Does anyone know whether the RRP variant discussed earlier in the thread was actually just the cover for Saga 1 (3rd print) or if there is such a book that is being published? Any information regarding this is appreciated.

Saga #1 2nd print

AqRwO3ICMAEthYy.jpg

Saga #1 3rd print

AqI37dbCMAAAWKx.jpg

Saga #1 4th print

AqRwWD7CEAApJv0.jpg

Saga #1 Diamond retail summit Chicago, IL on April 11-13th 2012 variant - only 500

AqIwP0ZCMAErbMy.jpg

Saga #1 2nd print

AqRwO3ICMAEthYy.jpg

Saga #1 3rd print

AqI37dbCMAAAWKx.jpg

Saga #1 4th print

AqRwWD7CEAApJv0.jpg

Saga #1 Diamond retail summit Chicago, IL on April 11-13th 2012 variant - only 500

AqIwP0ZCMAErbMy.jpg

Do you know the Diamond order code for the 4th print?

Could someone please get one of those graded for me and send it to the UK. Just tell me how much and I'm sure I would be happy to pay. Saga #1 is the first CGC comic I have and I'm building from there but would love to get hold of everything I can Saga related. I already bought two sketches of Fiona's and am always on the look out for more. :wishluck:

Hey buddymagoo, if you are looking at building a SAGA cgc set, you might want to PM BeachBum as he offers a service where you can subscribe to a series and he'll send you slabbed 9.8's.

I bought my first CGC (Saga #1) from Beachbum! But then I set up a subscription service with someone else because I didn't realise he did it. I'll have to swap it over a some point because I would much prefer to give a board member business.