• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Spinner Racks
1 1

204 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have been looking for a comic spinner rack for my home / collection and I am wondering if such a thing exists that will hold golden age and silver age books?

The racks I have seen are all modern size only.

They're around...I got mine at an auction in Pennsylvania, after 5 years or so of searching.

rack2.jpg

Some folks here have had luck at flea markets, and with local Craigslist sellers. The common thread in all the spinner rack success stories I've read here on the Boards is that patience and diligence in the search generally pays off.

Good luck!

Having patience is the best advice. I spent 3 years looking at ebay and Craigslist before I finally found this on Craiglist under the yard sale section.

SDC15622.jpg

Who knows how long it will take to find one that holds GA and SA books.

What terms are you all searching under when looking at Craigslist?

I find bupkis here in AZ.

I use "comic" and "comics" that seems to cover all the bases. You can try "spinner" or "display" but you'll most likely get results that have nothing to do with comics.

I sawone at a flea market not long ago thinking i was going to finally get mine, until the seller told me he wanted $450 for it. You better believe i laughed in his face.

Theres one at a local warehouse/rummage sale ill probably get. Its not a spinner though, just a display rack.

Hi all, I have been looking for a comic spinner rack for my home / collection and I am wondering if such a thing exists that will hold golden age and silver age books?

The racks I have seen are all modern size only.

as others have mention, patience and timing... I just ran across one a week or two back that was actually still loaded with books, it was like a snapshot into that one-two month period in comics. Literally the store moved the fully loaded rack into a storeroom, and there it sat for 30 years. So maybe you'll get lucky like that!

The vintage ones, which are rare, can run hundreds of dollars, if not more.

is there a photo guide to old spinners? Any consensus on the oldest known examples? I never really put much thought into 'em, but pre-code spinners do seem like they could be cool to track down

The vintage ones, which are rare, can run hundreds of dollars, if not more.

is there a photo guide to old spinners? Any consensus on the oldest known examples? I never really put much thought into 'em, but pre-code spinners do seem like they could be cool to track down

Not that I know of, but that would be pretty awesome to see.

Perhaps someone has a webpage of vintage spinners?