• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Any links to the portfolio you guys currently have? Does it protect the pages well?

I have something like this: http://www.michaels.com/ITOYA-Original-Art-Profolio%C2%AE-Storage-and-Presentation-Book/fa1207,default,pd.html?cgid=products-artsupplies-portfolios%26presentationcases-artportfolios&start=8

I've even seen them for sale at London Drugs in the digital arts/computer section. I usually take mine with me when I got to convention to throw all my OA in that I happen to buy.

Buying OA at a convention. I'm going to have to try that at C2E2. :)

It is a lot of fun buying it at conventions because then you get to talk to the artist and maybe ask them about the page. Now some of my OA pages have memories :P

When I saw Riley Rossmo in Calgary he was selling pages for $50 -75! It's hard not to just pick up 3 or 4 at a time. He is a really nice guy!

Bringing it back to CHEW, one of my most difficult things to decide is what pages I want since so many of them are fantastic. I feel like i'm in one of those Vietnamese restaurants with 600 items on the menu lol

Buying OA at a convention. I'm going to have to try that at C2E2. :)

It is a lot of fun buying it at conventions because then you get to talk to the artist and maybe ask them about the page. Now some of my OA pages have memories :P

When I saw Riley Rossmo in Calgary he was selling pages for $50 -75! It's hard not to just pick up 3 or 4 at a time. He is a really nice guy!

Bringing it back to CHEW, one of my most difficult things to decide is what pages I want since so many of them are fantastic. I feel like i'm in one of those Vietnamese restaurants with 600 items on the menu lol

Buy them all. :)

I had to at one point. :ohnoez:

Rob Guillory Tells Us What He’ll Do After Chew…

Any Showtime Jitters?

We had one -script, and now we’re doing another -script. Our writer is an awesome up and coming guy. He buys every issue when it comes out and his sense of humor is totally in line with ours. Everyone involved with it is passionate about it, so we’re not worried about rushing it. We just want it to be right.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/12/rob-guillory-tells-us-what-hell-do-after-chew/

AND Morgan Spurlock cut Rob and John from Comic Con a Fan's Hope! WTF? I was already pissed that they featured Mile High. Didn't he talk to anyone who actually reads comics before he cut the film?

Hello Chew Fans. I just started reading this series a few months ago and I feel in love with the beautiful art work and the well-written story-telling. It was my first comic after a 20+ year hiatus. It was a crazy long time but Chew got me hooked on comics again!!! Does anyone know how I can score a Chew #1 CGC 9.9? I would love to start my new collection with a bang.

I wouldn't exactly call the art "beautiful", but it works very well for the series, like Mignola's Hellboy worked for that series. I would hate it if they did Spiderman (or Walking Dead) in Chew-style art.

Interesting comment. I kinda think Ramo's style is similar to Rob's style. lol

This makes me so happy :cloud9:

CHEW: SECRET AGENT POYO #1

story JOHN LAYMAN

art / cover ROB GUILLORY

JULY 11

36 PAGES / FC / M $3.50

Hey retailers/readers/speculators! Still kicking yourself for not ordering and/or passing by CHEW #1, now that you see what it’s going for on eBay? Here’s your chance to get sweet, sweet, revenge, with an all-new CHEW #1, a one-shot spinning off CHEW’s most popular supporting character, and comics’ most beloved homicidal cybernetic kung-fu rooster. Concentrated mayhem. Feathers, rage and hate! Plus: an all-star pin-up gallery from some of the most staggeringly talented artists in the industry!

This makes me so happy :cloud9:

CHEW: SECRET AGENT POYO #1

story JOHN LAYMAN

art / cover ROB GUILLORY

JULY 11

36 PAGES / FC / M $3.50

Hey retailers/readers/speculators! Still kicking yourself for not ordering and/or passing by CHEW #1, now that you see what it’s going for on eBay? Here’s your chance to get sweet, sweet, revenge, with an all-new CHEW #1, a one-shot spinning off CHEW’s most popular supporting character, and comics’ most beloved homicidal cybernetic kung-fu rooster. Concentrated mayhem. Feathers, rage and hate! Plus: an all-star pin-up gallery from some of the most staggeringly talented artists in the industry!

John mentioned that there should be an SDCC version of this as well.