Page 5 of 46 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#5588921 - 04/09/12 10:42 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: comicwiz]
lizards2 Offline

I have no registry points, so the only way to exercise my geek superiority is by being a jerk.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oregon Outback - Duckland!!!
 Originally Posted By: comicwiz
 Originally Posted By: 500Club
Your village misses you.

They're smarter than that
"Don't let the door hit you..., where the good Lord split you...,"

#5588935 - 04/09/12 10:45 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: comicwiz]
littlebill Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Winter Haven,Fl.
if i pull up a language translator what language would i need to say the op's original post was in? would really like to read what he has to say. i just need it in english.
#5588945 - 04/09/12 10:47 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: littlebill]
BaltimoreLauren Offline

CAUTION: OFFENSIVE SENSE OF HUMOR AHEAD.

(also the bridge is out)

TOTAL NEWBIE

This thread delivers the lols!
#5588946 - 04/09/12 10:47 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: littlebill]
Speedy-D Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brooklyn, U.S.A.
Yes!!! Welcome back Mitch.

That whole $40,000 check business, isn't it really the fault of every collector's girlfriend/wife? THE COLLECTION KILLERS!!!

OA @ CAF || Comic artist contact/commission info

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- Alexander Hamilton

“There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.”
- Hamlet

\(worship\) VIVA INFANTINO \(worship\)

#5588949 - 04/09/12 10:48 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: Mmehdy]
Speedy-D Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brooklyn, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Mmehdy
whose has balllsssss here????

not me

OA @ CAF || Comic artist contact/commission info

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- Alexander Hamilton

“There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.”
- Hamlet

\(worship\) VIVA INFANTINO \(worship\)

#5588950 - 04/09/12 10:48 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: comicwiz]
Buzzetta Offline

Just when I thought I was going to go to bed...

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New York State of Mind
Some people were upset at the S/S check. I thought it was pretty cool. I wish was cheaper or I had the disposable income to get it to tell the truth. Some of us find that type of thing amazing.

I mean what Yankee fan wouldn't want to have the actual trade contract that brought Babe Ruth to the Yankees from the Red Sox? That contract is locked up in someome's personal collection and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

On a side note, rants like these are ruining my CGC Message Board experience...

lol

Spread Love it's the Brooklyn Way.

#5588952 - 04/09/12 10:49 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: comicwiz]
paperheart Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: comicwiz
 Originally Posted By: 500Club
Your village misses you.

They're smarter than that

double lol

#5588953 - 04/09/12 10:49 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: Buzzetta]
BaltimoreLauren Offline

CAUTION: OFFENSIVE SENSE OF HUMOR AHEAD.

(also the bridge is out)

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Buzzetta
Some people were upset at the S/S check. I thought it was pretty cool. I wish was cheaper or I had the disposable income to get it to tell the truth. Some of us find that type of thing amazing.

I mean what Yankee fan wouldn't want to have the actual trade contract that brought Babe Ruth to the Yankees from the Red Sox? That contract is locked up in someome's personal collection and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

On a side note, rants like these are ruining my CGC Message Board experience...

lol

I agree with this statement. It's a really neat piece of history, and it appeals to all kinds of collectors--not just comic book ones.

#5588958 - 04/09/12 10:52 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: paperheart]
Sal Offline

hating people is what i'm good at

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: nawth cackalacky
i swear, it's almost as if he's always drunk when he posts in CG. put the bottle down man, posting while intoxicated is a terrible sight to behold

#5588968 - 04/09/12 10:55 PM Re: COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE [Re: DrWatson]
DiceX Offline

PREMATURE TOTAL NEWBIFICATION

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The land of Oranges...
 Originally Posted By: Watson
 Originally Posted By: Mmehdy
look I am just making a point...when does this collector maddness stop....there has to be some reality here, 40K for that check is a sign of danger in the real collectable world...I just do not want to see a price crash here with comics taken down by realted collectables when somebody wakes up....

No, you aren't making a point. A point would be a coherent statement followed by three or more similarly coherent statements in support of the main coherent statement. Those would then be followed by a well thought out conclusion that would once again express the main coherent statement. The key words here are coherent statement.

It's almost like trying to read a drunken-Luxx post.
I facepalm in his ambiance.

Page 5 of 46 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
PROOF AND MINT STATE 70 COINS FOR SALE
by wmfielding
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
FSH - Jeffersons, Dimes, Quarters, and others
by vumc409
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
1922 No D Strong Reverse ANACS VF35 Details--Cleaned Starts at .99 no reserve!
by Shadowsonic2004
Yesterday at 08:17 PM
FSH: Some Monster Rainbow Franklins and Washingtons! Prices lowered!!!
by PCcoins
Yesterday at 12:10 PM
Comics Marketplace
SS Sketch Covers Priced below op prices - Jaro, Sayger, Zeck, etc.
by Dave32563
3 minutes 37 seconds ago
The Walking Dead #13-#90 Straight Run 13 Complete Arcs + MORE
by Tibex82
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Quick sale, 115 Prestige Format, graphic novel, one-shot and TPB comic book lot.
by Aslpride8
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
PEANUTS #1 CGC 7.6 2nd highest ***No Reserve****
by Junkdrawer
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.027 seconds in which 0.017 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles