Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5582825 - 04/07/12 09:42 AM I'm Surprised! posted by DrDarryl
CSJournals Offline

CSJournals is an automated user that posts journal entries for anyone who does not have their own message board account yet.

Just got here

I'm eager to see the conservation results by NCS ...

I submitted a 1959 Official Hawai'i Statehood sterling silver medal (serial number 26) for NCS conservation and NGC grading. I was expecting a details encapsulation as some sort of chemical layering and reaction was occurring on the medal's reverse.

This is the lowest serial number for the medal I have encountered and picked up this prize just for the serial number.

I checked the medal's status. It graded MS-66! Now it's a bigger prize...

Sunrise picture taken at Makapu'u Point on the island of Oah'u

See more journals by DrDarryl

#5582864 - 04/07/12 10:03 AM Re: I'm Surprised! posted by DrDarryl [Re: CSJournals]
gherrmann44 Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Wisconsin
Outstanding! Congratulations on the medal and thanks for the beautiful photograph of Maui. Having went to Hawaii on several occasions years ago while in the Navy, I hope to visit Hawaii again sometime in the future. Your medal also gives me hope that a medal I currently have awaiting conservation will turn out well. All the best.
Gary

#5582956 - 04/07/12 10:58 AM Re: I'm Surprised! posted by DrDarryl [Re: gherrmann44]
SPHansen Offline
The Collectinator

Loc: Dallas, Tx
Always fun to have a coin exceed your expectations! \:\) Interested in seeing how it looks after conservation... do you have a before?

#5584005 - 04/07/12 05:27 PM Re: I'm Surprised! posted by DrDarryl [Re: SPHansen]
Jack Robinson Offline
(S)uper Collector

Loc: Southeastern North Carolina, U...
Great coin experience and a great photograph. I was at K-Bay in the early 1980s, seems like a long long time ago. Thanks for the updates and memories.

http://www.lulu.com/jackrobinson
------

-------

-----------

--------

#5584006 - 04/07/12 05:27 PM Re: I'm Surprised! posted by DrDarryl [Re: SPHansen]
Jack Robinson Offline
(S)uper Collector

Loc: Southeastern North Carolina, U...
Great coin experience and a great photograph. I was at K-Bay in the early 1980s, seems like a long long time ago. Thanks for the updates and memories.

http://www.lulu.com/jackrobinson
------

-------

-----------

--------

#5584103 - 04/07/12 06:06 PM Re: I'm Surprised! posted by DrDarryl [Re: Jack Robinson]
Six Mile Rick Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Six Mile, S C
NCS conservation must have done you a great justice. What was the cost for conservation? I was just talking to a pennie nut about sending his better wheats to NCS. He is going to call Tuesday and find a cost on 100 or 200 at a time. He has some dip solution and when I saw the coins that were dipped I told him to start using a professional. I also have him talked into joining the club so he may just end up reading this.---O-K conversation over.

GREAT PICTURE!!!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  CCGmod0, ngcmod, Architecht, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH @ COST- Nice scarce denarius of the Roman emperor Otho, 69 AD, NGC Fine
by lordmarcovan
Today at 06:03 AM
FSH: 1919-D Walker PCGS vf35 $625 dlvd
by BAJJERFAN
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
New coins added to website, more to come this weekend
by stldanceartist
Yesterday at 03:02 PM
eBay, 99c starting 10/23: nice 1600s/1700s "holey" silver coins + some fossils
by lordmarcovan
Yesterday at 01:08 PM
Comics Marketplace
HALLOWEEN THEMED EBAY AUCTION - 100 ITEMS LISTED
by Wall-Crawler
Today at 09:24 AM
Cleaning out my closet- $3 Silver and Bronze Marvels (with a few minor keys)
by spracknetch23
Today at 12:38 AM
Amazing Spider-man 73 CGC 7.0 - $55
by Buzzetta
Today at 12:32 AM
Mystic Comics #10 - Timely Comics
by Phillip
Today at 12:27 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.011 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.