Page 6 of 44 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#5558381 - 03/28/12 01:54 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: alphatrion1]
Greedo Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Louisiana
We should do it with anybody who has alot of sketches out there.

Romita
Sale
Mann
Many more...

My CAF

#5580081 - 04/06/12 01:41 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: Greedo]
Dark Prime 0 Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: PA
here's a rule change.......any hero initative CGC or not should be allowed

it's not like there is any doubt that the artist who signed the book did the work or not

WTB Raw SiP books NM/M or 9.8 reasonably priced
all my cgc.... http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc346/DarkPrime0/CGC/
my CAF http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=99388

#5580091 - 04/06/12 01:44 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: Dark Prime 0]
seanfingh Offline

You earn it. It's like MMA for nerds.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Iron Throne

I can't believe I have 8 anarchist votes! \:o

#5580642 - 04/06/12 04:48 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: seanfingh]
littlebill Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Winter Haven,Fl.
i thought the reason we were only showing slabbed books was because its best of the best slabbed cgc sketch.

i didnt think it had anything to do with being authenticated. if you allow hero books then you would have to allow any book that was obviously sketched by said artist.

dynamic forces ungraded sketches or any sketch that you can look at it and tell that it is authentic.

i think we need to leave it at graded sketches or sketches that are being graded.

#5580654 - 04/06/12 04:50 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: Dark Prime 0]
Greedo Offline
Chatzilla

Originally Posted By: Dark Prime 0

it's not like there is any doubt that the artist who signed the book did the work or not

The "CGC only" rule is not about authtication, it is because we are on a CGC board and that is how most people in here collect their sketch covers.

My CAF

#5581608 - 04/06/12 09:29 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: Greedo]
Dark Prime 0 Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: PA
 Originally Posted By: Greedo

The "CGC only" rule is not about authtication, it is because we are on a CGC board and that is how most people in here collect their sketch covers.

the reason i said this was not everyone who gets these got them graded, then if the person sells it to a collector on the boards i doubt CGC would SS it (JLA books), me personaly if i bought a raw one i would send it to be graded not careing it would get a yellow or green

personaly i don't see why they won't do sketches (asking artist X did you do this after the fact)......but i do understand the reason and am not going to argue it (lol guess i just look at it a different way)

lol i wouldn't mind an all sketch be considered, but i only have about 3-4 raw that i think would be good enough to have any chanch of winning.......hell i only have maybe 10 SS that imo would have a chanch of winning, but i still enter for the fun

was just putting a thought i had about a rule \(shrug\)

WTB Raw SiP books NM/M or 9.8 reasonably priced
all my cgc.... http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc346/DarkPrime0/CGC/
my CAF http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=99388

#5581804 - 04/06/12 10:21 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: Dark Prime 0]
gcwatson94 Offline
Talkative?

Loc: North Shore Mass
Where do we post challenges?
#5581967 - 04/06/12 11:00 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: Dark Prime 0]
Greedo Offline
Chatzilla

Originally Posted By: Greedo

the reason i said this was not everyone who gets these got them graded, then if the person sells it to a collector on the boards i doubt CGC would SS it (JLA books), me personaly if i bought a raw one i would send it to be graded not careing it would get a yellow or green

personaly i don't see why they won't do sketches (asking artist X did you do this after the fact)......but i do understand the reason and am not going to argue it (lol guess i just look at it a different way)

lol i wouldn't mind an all sketch be considered, but i only have about 3-4 raw that i think would be good enough to have any chanch of winning.......hell i only have maybe 10 SS that imo would have a chanch of winning, but i still enter for the fun

was just putting a thought i had about a rule \(shrug\)

No problem. And I like getting the input. I just wanted to give the reasoning behind the rule.

If there is a huge outcry for all sketch covers to be eligible, we could vote on it. Personally, I am 100% against it and would never vote for one.

My CAF

#5582017 - 04/06/12 11:14 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: Greedo]
starpc Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: New Republic era Coruscant
I'm all for keeping it strictly limited to CGC graded sketches.

My: CAF | CGC | WTB | Kudos | Facebook | Buy comics and help me buy some too \:\)

#5582053 - 04/06/12 11:22 PM Re: Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread [Re: gcwatson94]
Menace Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Idaho
 Originally Posted By: gcwatson94
Where do we post challenges?

You post your sketch I think here or in the thread and you need 2 votes in order to get a head to head challenge. I think this is the process

Page 6 of 44 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  SoylentBlue, Architecht, dena, Gemma, cgcmod2, cgcmod, cgcmod3, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTS: Grandma's coins
by stldanceartist
Yesterday at 11:23 PM
WTB 1963-D Roosevelt MS67* of MS67*FT
by Lablover
Yesterday at 08:51 PM
Labor Day Sale - Toners!
by physics-fan3.14
Yesterday at 06:16 PM
Today at GreatCollections - NGC Franklins, Morgans, Rare Gold and More
by ianrussell
08/31/14 05:03 PM
Comics Marketplace
Lots of HIGH GRADE RAW BOOKS
by nochips
Today at 01:25 AM
Fear 19 and Fantastic Four 46 FS
by bubbagump
Today at 01:00 AM
Ending tomorrow! Bryan Hitch, Al Rio, Dheeraj Verma
by alrioart
Today at 12:47 AM
JIM 83 Blue Label CGC 1.0
by MarvelOnly
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing