• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,896 posts in this topic

I'll be starting a big Marvel pre-hero sales thread sometime tomorrow morning (all raw) including Journey Into Mystery, Strange Tales, Tales of Suspense and Tales to Astonish. Lots of Kirby and Ditko issues in there. :)

I'm going to be raising some capital for a big (non-comic related) purchase, so will be putting some books up for sale that I hadn't planned on selling. Most are slabs, but some are not. All of these books were purchased here on the boards except for the ASM #129. Most will be priced right around what I paid for them or lower, but there may be an exception or two. I don't actually remember exactly what I paid for each book, but I should be in the ballpark. Some of these I bought raw and had them slabbed, so that may be factored in.

Currently planning to list:

Non-Slabs:

Amazing Spider-Man 129 (maybe a 4.0-5.0)

Amazing Spider-Man 50 (around 4.5)

New Mutants 98 (9.4ish)

Nyx 2 (9.6ish)

Ultimate Spider-Mann (9.4ish)

Star Wars 107 (9.4ish)

Slabs:

Golden Age:

Silver Streak 2 (CGC 3.5)

Crime SuspenStories 22 (CGC 3.5)

Startling Terror Tales 11 (CGC 2.0) - Looks great for the grade

Silver Age:

Tales of Suspense 92 (CGC 9.2 Old Label - Boston Pedigree)

Copper Modern:

Miracleman 24 (CGC 9.4 Old Label)

Marvel Zombies 5 2nd Print Surfer cover (CGC 9.8)

Walking Dead 1 (CGC 9.6)

I've finally made the big decision to get out of comic collecting completely. Every frigging comic I own (about 50,000 60,000 of them) are now up for grabs. Slabs or raw, high grade to low grade, Aardvark-Vanaheim to Zenescope...I want 'em all gone. First $250k takes 'em all. :sumo:

I've finally made the big decision to get out of comic collecting completely. Every frigging comic I own (about 50,000 60,000 of them) are now up for grabs. Slabs or raw, high grade to low grade, Aardvark-Vanaheim to Zenescope...I want 'em all gone. First $250k takes 'em all. :sumo:

:whatthe:

However, I didn't see the footnote indicating you will be keeping your ASMs. :baiting:

:whatthe:

However, I didn't see the footnote indicating you will be keeping your ASMs. :baiting:

Damn! Forgot to put that in there! :D

I have 3 short boxes full of Massachusetts Collection Pedigree books, all raw right now, titles include Our Army at War, Ghosts, Witching Hour, House of Mystery, House or Secrets, and Demon.

I am in the process of grading them now, grades run from 9.0 to 9.8 with very few exceptions, all with great gloss, color strike, and page quality.

The books are gorgeous and I have identified several books that would be top census copies already.

I haven't decided which issues will be going to CGC, many will be sold raw with a COA for provenance sake, but I may be persuaded to sell them all raw once the sales thread begins.

Once I grade them all and get them scanned I will have a sales thread up, hopefully in the next few days.

After waiting for over a year, I finally got the doctors at OU Medical Center to agree I need to have my thyroid gland removed. But I can't get the surgery scheduled until I raise some more money (I still don't have any health insurance). I'll explain all of the details in the initial post of my Shark's Surgery Sale #2 when I start it later today.

A small sale tonight....maybe a dozen raw and 8-10 slabs.

Startling a little later than normal.....Need to color some eggs first. :headbang:

Startling a little later than normal.....Need to color some eggs first. :headbang:

:banana:

Just secured Walking Dead 1-50 in very high grade. I have to process them, and I will be putting some up on the Boards this weekend.

The Walking Dead is so last week. Try to keep up.

Just secured Walking Dead 1-50 in very high grade. I have to process them, and I will be putting some up on the Boards this weekend.

:troll:

:troll:

Sorry. Didn't notice the yeast build up down there. :foryou:

You can color them with vodka?

Is that a popular series with the hippity hop youngsters?

Will there be any Little Lotta available? :wishluck:

I'll hang up and tune in for my answer.

After waiting for over a year, I finally got the doctors at OU Medical Center to agree I need to have my thyroid gland removed. But I can't get the surgery scheduled until I raise some more money (I still don't have any health insurance). I'll explain all of the details in the initial post of my Shark's Surgery Sale #2 when I start it later today.

For you Amazing Spider-Man enthusiasts, believe it or not I just started posting a bunch of my ASM slabs in my current sales thread in Golden/Silver/Bronze. :hi: