Page 1 of 407 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2094688 - 12/25/07 10:05 PM ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
october Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicagoan Abroad
I hate it when people start threads hours before a book is even posted and make us wait to attract attention, but I also hate it when I miss books because I didn't know someone was having a sale. I figure we need a thread where people can say: "I am going to list pre-code horror on Tuesday night, check back in if you are interested".

If anyone has threads that are upcoming, that want to post to make sure people know what's coming, say it here.

Think we need a thread like this? It's hard to announce upcoming sales because it's either "spam" or "carnival barking", depending on the forum...

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#2094691 - 12/25/07 10:07 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
Pirate Offline

My packages take better vacations than I do

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Home of the BUZZARDS
nope

One of the "FORMERS" and still the best

KUDOS THREAD

Looking to buy Batgirl Special pages by Barry Kitson,
ORIGINAL ART

#2094692 - 12/25/07 10:07 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
THE_BEYONDER Offline

The world looks mighty good to me cuz signatures are all I see.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: CANADA
I'm seriously considering listing some stuff tonight.....but I may be too darn lazy to actually make it happen.

#2094693 - 12/25/07 10:08 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
qualitycomix Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Montgomery, Alabama
I like this idea Andy. In the "ebay" sales thread, I posted that I'm considering putting up some of the war books from my personal collection. If and when I make a firm commitment to do so, it would be nice to put notice in a thread like this with a firm start date and even some specifics as to which books will be offered.
Buying All-Star Squadron #47 Original Art and NM/MT copies

http://www.qualitycomix.com

#2094694 - 12/25/07 10:08 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: Pirate]
october Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: pirate
nope

Well, people *spoon* to me all the time that they didn't know I would be selling stuff. It would be nice to let them know somehow. I am sure Nik, Greggy, Brent, CD, Nick, Divad and others hear the same complaint.

#2094696 - 12/25/07 10:09 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
Pirate Offline

My packages take better vacations than I do

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Home of the BUZZARDS
then do what you want, the worse than can happen is a mod pull. Don't let me stop you. I just don't think it's needed but i'm one voice in the masses.

One of the "FORMERS" and still the best

KUDOS THREAD

Looking to buy Batgirl Special pages by Barry Kitson,
ORIGINAL ART

#2094697 - 12/25/07 10:09 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: qualitycomix]
october Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: qualitycomix
I like this idea Andy. In the "ebay" sales thread, I posted that I'm considering putting up some of the war books from my personal collection. If and when I make a firm commitment to do so, it would be nice to put notice in a thread like this with a firm start date and even some specifics as to which books will be offered.

Case in point, it was sheer luck that I was online when you listed that Startling. It's going to be one of the top 3 or 4 books in my collection and I would likely have missed it if I didn't happen to be online in the marketplace at the time.

#2094698 - 12/25/07 10:09 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
mar-vell Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

excellent idea- i have missed a lot of great books simply because i had no idea when they would be on sale

my laptop is not merely a computer it is a comic book collecting device!

#2094699 - 12/25/07 10:10 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
marvelcollector Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Good idea \(thumbs u

I'm sure we would all participate more here, but we have lives.

Or, at least most of us do.... hm

For Mom

#2094700 - 12/25/07 10:10 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: mar-vell]
djpinkpanther67 Offline

You say it's your birthday! (dah dah dah duh dah dah), I'll make threads for you! (dah dah dah duh dah dah)

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Killeen, Texas
sounds like a great idea!

Page 1 of 407 12345>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: NGC MS64BN Civil war token.
by agentjim007
1 cent Morgans also halves and quarters!
by AstroTrain
Today GreatCollections - Capuano Registry Set, Rare Gold, 1995-W $1
by ianrussell
10:51 AM
Uncovered After 5 Decades: The Dwight D. Eisenhower Appreciation Medals
by TheHawaiianaNumis
09:02 AM
Comics Marketplace
Dale Roberts Comics Holiday Sales Thread 2014
by Dale Roberts
Twas the other sales thread before Christmas
by Flex Mentallo
NEW EBAY ACCOUNT. BOOKS PRICED CHEAP!!!
by WHIZ_BANG_POW
All Sgt. Fury CGC...
by supa-bad-mofo
Advertisements

Generated in 0.029 seconds in which 0.017 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing