Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#5578845 - 04/05/12 10:03 PM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: VintageComics]
Vtcomics Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Saint Albans, VT
 Originally Posted By: VintageComics
 Originally Posted By: mikenyc

Will there be patchouli?

Ooh, you're new. You haven't been to one of these yet. I don't remember the last time I had a selling thread on here.

I thought you got banned or something.

"You still owe me a 10 second car....."

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5578849 - 04/05/12 10:05 PM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: JiveTurkeyMoFo]
Vtcomics Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Saint Albans, VT
 Originally Posted By: JiveTurkeyMoFo
 Originally Posted By: shrunkenhead
Out for the night!? Oh, cruel! You must respond to my PM!

Don't worry, he'll be back at 3am after he is done carousing.

Ummm wouldn't the green dress gal have a problem with that???

"You still owe me a 10 second car....."

#5579795 - 04/06/12 11:24 AM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: Vtcomics]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm busy interneting.
 Originally Posted By: Vtcomics
 Originally Posted By: JiveTurkeyMoFo
 Originally Posted By: shrunkenhead
Out for the night!? Oh, cruel! You must respond to my PM!

Don't worry, he'll be back at 3am after he is done carousing.

Ummm wouldn't the green dress gal have a problem with that???

Thursday is actually music lesson night with the kids and our night out or dinner.

The green dress lady is in good hands.

\(thumbs u

What up, Phil?

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#5579802 - 04/06/12 11:27 AM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: VintageComics]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Jim 83 is officially sold.

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

#5580728 - 04/06/12 05:13 PM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: VintageComics]
medusanyc Offline
Talkative?

Got a few more fresh books I'll list here before I turn them loose elsewhere....

Journey Into Mystery #83 CGC 5.0 White pages SOLD!

Book looks much nicer than the assigned grade with mostly accumulative small defects as well as back cover wear and some spine wear that keep the grade down. Not as pretty as Joey's book but a very pretty 5.0 no less. Joey saw the book in Seattle. Asking $3000 for the book.

*Forgot to mention that Jack Kirby is written on the cover in pen.*

curious as why this wouldnt be a green label book. i have a WD8 that was bought on ebay that was signed by kirkman that came back 9.8 qualified "name written on cover" i would buy this in green as the name is jack kirby and it looks to be a real kirby sig

#5580757 - 04/06/12 05:18 PM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: medusanyc]
ImperiusRex Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Originally Posted By: medusanyc
Got a few more fresh books I'll list here before I turn them loose elsewhere....

Book looks much nicer than the assigned grade with mostly accumulative small defects as well as back cover wear and some spine wear that keep the grade down. Not as pretty as Joey's book but a very pretty 5.0 no less. Joey saw the book in Seattle. Asking $3000 for the book.

curious as why this wouldnt be a green label book. i have a WD8 that was bought on ebay that was signed by kirkman that came back 9.8 qualified "name written on cover" i would buy this in green as the name is jack kirby and it looks to be a real kirby sig

A book is allowed writing on the cover, in this grade. For your 9.8 book, writing on the cover that isn't witnessed as a signature will have it come back as qualified.

#5580844 - 04/06/12 05:41 PM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: medusanyc]
nearmint Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Jeff in Newport Beach, CA

You won't buy it because it has a blue label? hm

DETECTIVE27.COM

WANTED: Okajima war covers. Action Comics #40, 50, 52, 55, 56, 59, 61 in 8.0 or better. Adventure Comics #46 in 4.0 or better. Romantic Marriage #8 in any grade.

VINTAGE PHOTOS WITH COMICS!

#5580893 - 04/06/12 06:00 PM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: ImperiusRex]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: ImperiusRex

A book is allowed writing on the cover, in this grade. For your 9.8 book, writing on the cover that isn't witnessed as a signature will have it come back as qualified.

Right. In this case it did not affect the grade a whole lot.

In the case of the 9.8, it would affect the grade greatly. That is the entire reasoning behind the purpose of the Green label...to let people know what the apparent grade is without the significant "defect".

#5581138 - 04/06/12 07:14 PM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: medusanyc]
trmoore54 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Southern California

Roy...that doesn't look like a real Kirby sig...someone's attempt to sort-of get it right...wouldn't you agree? hm

#5581291 - 04/06/12 07:49 PM Re: Vintage Comics selling thread. [Re: trmoore54]
NIGHTCRAWLER Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Houston
 Originally Posted By: trmoore54

Roy...that doesn't look like a real Kirby sig...someone's attempt to sort-of get it right...wouldn't you agree? hm

Agree

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  cgcmod6, dena, Gemma, cgcmod4, cgcmod2, cgcmod3, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
eBay: Rainbow Toners (CBH, IHC, V-NICKs, 25C's), *RARE* Sample slab, BU 22-S $1
by yonico
Today at 01:24 AM
FSH: 1929-S Buffalo Nickel PCGS MS-64 & More Graded Coins!
by 123cents
Today at 01:10 AM
25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set For Sale
by stevek426
Yesterday at 01:48 PM
Welcome to August - everything in my store is 15% off!
by stldanceartist
Yesterday at 10:17 AM
Comics Marketplace
FF #6 CGC 8.0, #45 CGC 8.5, 7.5 & 7.0, #46 CGC 9.2, #65 CGC 9.2 Twin Cities Ped
by chezmtghut
Today at 01:24 AM
Are you on board? Al Rio Kickstarter update with new art added.
by alrioart
Today at 01:06 AM
X-Factor 6 (9.6), Thor 337 (9.6), ASM 441 (9.8) Maybe More... Let's Not Go Crazy
by Buzzetta
Today at 12:59 AM
Let's see what this is worth - Adventure Into Fear #19 Auction Style!
by KirbyJack
Yesterday at 10:25 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles IDW Publishing