• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

Are there any modern books besides WD?

If I had any I would unload them now. But since I don't have any... hoping the bubble bursts soon so I can see if it is really that good of a read :wishluck:

You can buy the trades right now, usually pretty cheap.

Dan

I agree. I will go point by point tonight to respond to questions - all who have questions feel free to post so I can answer one at a time and not in the huge quote things.

So I will be looking forward to your questions right here tonight -

Will you now?

Will you really??

waiting-1.jpg

Comics4kids is back and they've renewed their corporate status in WA as of April, 2012.

No word yet on any registration as a 501 c 3 charity and the IRS website has no record of them at all.

There is word that Dale is soliciting for donations again and plans to be attending conventions.

So a bump for Dale to answer all these questions he promised to answer and abandoned under the bright white light of compulsory transparent disclosure.

Step right up and be heard.

I agree. I will go point by point tonight to respond to questions - all who have questions feel free to post so I can answer one at a time and not in the huge quote things.

So I will be looking forward to your questions right here tonight -

Will you now?

Will you really??

waiting-1.jpg

Comics4kids is back and they've renewed their corporate status in WA as of April, 2012.

No word yet on any registration as a 501 c 3 charity and the IRS website has no record of them at all.

There is word that Dale is soliciting for donations again and plans to be attending conventions.

So a bump for Dale to answer all these questions he promised to answer and abandoned under the bright white light of compulsory transparent disclosure.

Step right up and be heard.

Dale Moore is back and he's regularly posting in the grading area. So he's on the boards and we still don't have the promised information about donations taken in, and who these books were given to, in specifics.

He promised to answer all questions. Those questions center around why the IRS still has not recognized this organization as a charity, if all paperwork was filed with the IRS, when the paper work was filed with them, and why donation letters were being given to people ostensibly for deduction purposes when those letters are worthless, etc.

Which hospitals, or other children in need were the recipients of the THOUSANDS of books gathered over the years?

A "Charity" has to be ready, books open, ready to prove that they are worthy of our donations. This is an organization to help kids, the disappearance of Mr. Moore right in the middle of us requesting answers to very relevant questions concerns me, and concerns many here.

I see now that comics4kids may be setting up at Wizard World Philly. How many more people will be donating books, believing they are a tax deductible donation, and without any clear answers as to where the books have gone and will be going?

Answers please!

So comics4fkids is being listed as a "not for profit" that is "applying" for IRS charity designation.

A step in the right direction, now perhaps donors won't have the mistaken belief their donations are deductible.

Now for the rest of the answers.

http://www.wizardworld.com/comics4kids.html

Question: how does the PayPal system work in the Market, seeing as how personal PayPal is a no no?
The anwser is easy. You don't use the personal option. I believe "goods" is how mine is set at.

[The anwser is easy. You don't use the personal option. I believe "goods" is how mine is set at.
Thanks for the reply. So, that's a setting over on PayPal?
When you send a payment, you will see the options. Just don't click on the personal tab. Also, when you use personal, I don't believe your address shows up for the seller.

[The anwser is easy. You don't use the personal option. I believe "goods" is how mine is set at.

Personal is a setting on PayPal. For non-personal you just use PayPal normally.

Personal is a setting on PayPal. For non-personal you just use PayPal normally.

This too! :D

So it's on the buyer's end? Sorry if I'm being dense here.

Basically, just wondering how the process works if I put something up for sale on the Market and want to accept PayPal as the method of payment....

Buyers will know how to send a paypal payment. Is all you have to do is send them the total amount and your paypal address. When they send it to you, their shipping address will show up.

Buyers will know how to send a paypal payment. Is all you have to do is send them the total amount and your paypal address. When they send it to you, their shipping address will show up.

Easy peasy. Thanks much.

See? I was being dense.

I believe it also means that you, as the seller, will be responsible for all Paypal fees as well.

I think the problem with personal arose when Paypal started cracking down on business transactions that would circumvent fees that are not assessed when using personal instead of business.

Easy peasy. Thanks much.

See? I was being dense.

I believe it also means that you, as the seller, will be responsible for all Paypal fees as well.

I think the problem with personal arose when Paypal started cracking down on business transactions that would circumvent fees that are not assessed when using personal instead of business.

Yep! (thumbs u I believe it's about 2.9% When you compare selling here on the forum for free or selling on ebay, this is a very small amount.

Another option is a check or MO. This will discourage some buyers. Also, a buyer has no protection, as they would with paypal. So, don't worry about the paypal fees.