• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

I felt like making a countdown thread for the rest of the books I needed for all of the Marvel comics released from 1/1960 to 12/1979 I need. (shrug) I currently have the years 1/1965 to 12/1979 completed. At this point I need 92 more comics to finish off the 1960's from Marvel, and have 20 straight years of having every book. Maybe people are interested...maybe they could care less, but I think its pretty cool...and have been working on runs of these books for well over 25 years. Real slow grind to get where I am at now. But that has been the fun of collecting for years for me. Hunting around and finding books I need. That's what makes collecting fun! Finding that one book you could not find for years. And winning/buying it! :cloud9:

I will post new books I add to my collection here and post my Want List. Maybe people can help me track down the last few hard to find books (Millie, Love Romance) I am looking for.

Marvel comics 1/1960 to 11/1961

Amazing Adventures #2-6

Battle #68

JIM #56 57 58 60 63 66 67 68 69 70

Love Romances #88

Millie the Model #97 100

My Own Romances #75

Rawhide Kid (Pre 1/1960 #2 4 5 8)

Strange Tales #73 75 76 78 79 80 81 82 83 85 86 88

Teen Age Romance #78

TOS #7 8 9 10 11 14 17 18 19 20 21

TTA #7 8 9 10 11 14 16 17 19

Marvel Silver Age Want List Starting 11/61

Amazing adult fantasy #7 8 11 12 13

Amazing Spider Man #4 5

Fantastic Four #11

Journey into Mystery # 86 87 89 91 93

Linda carter student nurse # 5

Love Romances #98

Millie the Model #106

Strange Tales #90 92 93 95 97 104 114 Annual # 2

Tales of Suspense #23 24 26-29 31 32 52

Tales to Astonish # 29 31 34 35 36

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

Got this one today. One of the last few big First appearance books I need. And a pretty big Spider Man key!

I am only down to needing First appearances of the Sandman, The Impossible Man, Odin, Black Widow, Ant-Man in Costume and Trapster/Paste Pot Pete lol to have all the Superheros from the 20 years I am collecting.

2012-04-04170457.jpg[/img]

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

This one also came in today mail...It was a pretty cool day for comics...lol. :cloud9: First Watcher and Red Ghost. Only need FF #11 for the set to current. FF was a title I never thought I would complete! Back in the day, all the back issues were so expensive! They still are and even more so now! Just chipped away at it for years.

2012-04-04170542.jpg[/img]

Got this one coming to me in the mail this week. SOOOOOOO hard to find this issue! Its kinda weird but winning this issue felt better then buying the Amazing #3. lol. Even seeing it for the first time on Ebay...total shock and awe. lol. If I would have lost it...people may have gotten hurt. The last few love type comics are by far at the top of my Want List...just because of the hard to find factor....just seeing one for sale would be a shock at this point.

teenage82.jpg[/img]

Newer one I have bought, TTA #26. Alot of the comics that I have left to collect are Pre Heros. Some of these books have Amazing covers! I over looked these for years. Wish I would have bought nicer copies of these years ago when they were not that collectable. But the Pre Hero market has really taken off. And its not easy to find higher grade copies of alot of these any more. And it you do see high grade stuff...Your going to pay!

2012-04-03213206.jpg[/img]

Finishing off a genre!!! Does not get any cooler then that!

I just got the last Western I needed (Two-Gun-Kid # 52) to have every Western from Marvel Comic from 1/1960 to 12/1979. 20 years! 577 Western Comics were produced from Marvel from those years. Here is a list of all of them...and the scan of the book I just bought. Made the list myself...could be missing something. But I think its complete.

Ghost Rider # 1-7

Giant-Size Kid Colt # 1-3

Gunhawks # 1-7

Gunslinger (Tex Dawson) # 1-3

Gunsmoke Western # 55-77

Kid Colt Outlaw # 88-229

Mighty Marvel Western # 1-46

Night Rider # 1-6

Outlaw Kid # 1-30

Rawhide Kid # 9-151 ****(The issues # 9 to 16 were released prior to 1/60...but I have them so I left them on the list)***

Rawhide Kid Special # 1

Red Wolf # 1-9

Ringo Kid # 1-30

Two-Gun Kid # 50-136

Western Gunfighters # 1-33

Western Kid # 1-5

Western Team-Up # 1

Wyatt Earp # 26-34

twogunkid52.jpg[/img]

I felt like making a countdown thread for the rest of the books I needed for all of the Marvel comics released from 1/1960 to 12/1979 I need. (shrug) I currently have the years 1/1965 to 12/1979 completed. At this point I need 96 more comics to finish off the 1960's from Marvel, and have 20 straight years of having every book. Maybe people are interested...maybe they could care less, but I think its pretty cool...and have been working on runs of these books for well over 25 years. Real slow grind to get where I am at now. But that has been the fun of collecting for years for me. Hunting around and finding books I need. That's what makes collecting fun! Finding that one book you could not find for years. And winning/buying it! :cloud9:

I will post new books I add to my collection here and post my Want List. Maybe people can help me track down the last few hard to find books (Millie, Love Romance) I am looking for.

Marvel comics 1/1960 to 11/1961

Amazing Adventures #2-6

Battle (#68 up) #68

Gunsmoke Western (Have #55) (#56 up)

JIM (#56 up) #56 57 58 60 63 66 67 68 69 70

Kid Colt (#88 up)

Love Romances (#85 up) (I have #81 83) #88

Millie the Model (#94 up) #97 100

My Girl Pearl (#7 up)

My Own Romances (Have 72) (#73 up) #75

Patsy Walker (#86 up) (I Have 65 78 79)

Patsy And Hedy (I have #68 up)

Rawhide Kid (Pre 1/1960 #2 4 5 8)

Strange Tales (#73 up) #73 75 76 78 79 80 81 82 83 85 86 88

Teen Age Romance (#78 up) #78

TOS (#7 up) #7 8 9 10 11 14 17 18 19 20 21

TTA (#7 up) #7 8 9 10 11 14 16 17 19

Two gun Kid (Have #1) (#50 up) #

Wyatt Earp (#27 up) (I Have #26 up)

Marvel Silver Age Want List Starting 11/61

Amazing adult fantasy #7 8 10 11 12 13

Amazing Spider Man #4 5

Fantastic Four #11

Journey into Mystery # 86 87 89 91 93

Linda carter student nurse # 5

Love Romances #98

Millie the Model #106

Strange Tales #90 92 93 95-97 99 104 114 Annual # 2

Tales of Suspense #23 24 26-29 31 32 52

Tales to Astonish # 29 31 34 35 36 43

I've got an AAF 10 that's very solid....an EASY 5.0. Let me know if you're interested....I could give it a solid discount. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Got this one coming to me in the mail this week. SOOOOOOO hard to find this issue! Its kinda weird but winning this issue felt better then buying the Amazing #3. lol. Even seeing it for the first time on Ebay...total shock and awe. lol. If I would have lost it...people may have gotten hurt. The last few love type comics are by far at the top of my Want List...just because of the hard to find factor....just seeing one for sale would be a shock at this point.

teenage82.jpg[/img]

I will follow this thread for sure! I get the same feeling when I am able to find the romance books I need. :applause:

Whats up BAF?!? How've you been!

Congrats on putting that collection together! I cant even imagine having to hunt down a copy of every freaking Marvel out there :ohnoez:

I think i might have raw mid-grade copies of 1-2 of the books you still need somewhere in my sea of long boxes. I'll try to dig thru them this weekend and see if i can find them and shoot you a PM (thumbs u

btw, i got a couple sweet little statues i gotta show you including my all-time favorite, a badass Thanos statue :cloud9:

So BAF, how long have been actively on this quest? Did you say it's been 20 years???

Whats up?

I have been collecting comics for over 25 years. I didnt set out to do this 25 years ago. Just always bought Marvel back issues. Which turned into where I am now with my collection....or some would call a horde..lol.

teenage82.jpg[/img]

I will follow this thread for sure! I get the same feeling when I am able to find the romance books I need. :applause:

Its a great feeling seeing that book you have been searching for pop up! Then of course the feeling of not winning it or being high bidder...that puts your stomach in knots...lol.

Whats up BAF?!? How've you been!

Congrats on putting that collection together! I cant even imagine having to hunt down a copy of every freaking Marvel out there :ohnoez:

I think i might have raw mid-grade copies of 1-2 of the books you still need somewhere in my sea of long boxes. I'll try to dig thru them this weekend and see if i can find them and shoot you a PM (thumbs u

btw, i got a couple sweet little statues i gotta show you including my all-time favorite, a badass Thanos statue :cloud9:

Been good Bro. Thanks man. Nice to see you back in the hobby!

So BAF, how long have been actively on this quest? Did you say it's been 20 years???

Whats up?

I have been collecting comics for over 25 years. I didnt set out to do this 25 years ago. Just always bought Marvel back issues. Which turned into where I am now with my collection....or some would call a horde..lol.

Cool man. About how long ago did you decide you'd make a real attempt to get all the Marvels, instead of just grabbing what caught your fancy?

Whats up?

Cool man. About how long ago did you decide you'd make a real attempt to get all the Marvels, instead of just grabbing what caught your fancy?

I think in like the mid 2000s I saw that I needed a few hundred more Marvels for all of the 1970s Marvels out of over 4500 books that were released in that ten year time frame. So I started collecting towards that. During that time I would always also buy 1960s back issues...So when I finished the 70s I figured out what I needed for the 1960s and so on...Nice to be under 100 books left to buy. :headbang: