Page 1 of 33 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5575562 - 04/04/12 06:06 PM Shark's Surgery Sale #2
Shark Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
As most of you remember, last January (2011) I had a big sale trying to raise enough funds to have my thyroid surgery. I have a number of both large and small nodules in both sides of my thyroid gland. I sell comics full-time for a living now and haven't had health insurance since Oct. 2010.

The initial plan was to have the surgery at Midwest Regional Hospital. Shortly after I had my initial sale, I found out about a supposedly reduced cost plan at OU Medical Center. So I've been going to OU since last March. Since then, I've visited OU about the thyroid gland problem at least 5 or 6 times and had 2 more ultrasounds and 2 more FNAs (fine needle aspirations - they extract cells from the nodules) performed. The last FNA was done last Tuesday and I got the results today.

They extracted cells from a smaller, less defined nodule on the right side and it was determined to be benign. They also extracted cells from the largest nodule on the left side but due to hemmorhaging of the nodule (too much blood) they couldn't determine whether that side was cancerous or not. So to be safe they're finally saying "Out it comes". The plan is to remove all of the thyroid gland except for a sliver of the right side so that I continue to produce hormones.

Roughly half of the money raised from last year's sale remains but I still need another $2,000 just to schedule the surgery and about $6,000 to cover my portion of the bill. Thus the need for Shark's Surgery Sale #2. But this time, every comic I own is up for grabs...even the Spideys. My health is more important than any funny book I might own and I can always replace some books at a later date. I won't be listing all of my slabs, but check my registry sets and let me know if there's a particular book or books you want listed. Slabs will be listed around GPA and if I do list raws most will be well below guide. Here's a link to my registry set:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=42421

Payment either by Paypal or money order is accepted. Considering the nature of the sale, Paypal payments via personal gift would be appreciated.

SHIPPING

$10.00 for up to 3 slabs in the USA via Priority Mail box.
$15.00 for up to 3 slabs to Canada via 1st Class Mail International box.
$25.00 for up to 3 slabs to everywhere else via 1st Class Mail International box.

I'll be back later this evening with the first books.

Edited by Shark (04/04/12 07:18 PM)
Edit Reason: Added link to registry set
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4294915

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5575585 - 04/04/12 06:12 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: Shark]
50s horror buff Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: Asheville, NC
Best of luck..hate to see you sell your treasures but no comic is as important as health or family. You accepting any books I could post to help your cause?
#5575613 - 04/04/12 06:17 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: 50s horror buff]
Bosco685 Offline

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? But whatever. Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. Even if it's evil.

And lurking.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: USA

#5575763 - 04/04/12 06:53 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: Shark]
Porter Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Originally Posted By: Shark
I won't be listing all of my slabs, but check my registry sets and let me know if there's a particular book or books you want listed.

Kind of new here, how do I check registry sets?

Let me know thanks,
Cole

#5575782 - 04/04/12 07:00 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: Porter]
pennynike1 Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Fox GGA Capitol Of The World
Here is a link to Shark's registry set:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=42421

#5575794 - 04/04/12 07:03 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: 50s horror buff]
Shark Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: 50s horror buff
Best of luck..hate to see you sell your treasures but no comic is as important as health or family. You accepting any books I could post to help your cause?

I would rather not...at least at this point. But thanks for the offer anyway. \:\)
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:

#5575799 - 04/04/12 07:04 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: pennynike1]
Shark Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: pennynike1

Thanks! \(thumbs u

Shark's Feedback Thread:

#5575800 - 04/04/12 07:06 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: Shark]
pennynike1 Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Fox GGA Capitol Of The World
Sure thing and GLWTS!
#5575806 - 04/04/12 07:09 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: pennynike1]
MemphisChad Offline
The Collectinator

Loc: Austin, Texas
Awaiting anxiously.
"You dropped your guard too soon, Mike! There's one of us left--One Man! Or maybe you don't even count me--because I'm just a man? Here that, Mike? This is no God hitting you--no Super-Man! Just a Man! You're an overblown self-righteous, self proclaimed diety who casually commits mass murder! No MORE, this man won't let you! - CAP Avengers #177

#5575872 - 04/04/12 07:26 PM Re: Shark's Surgery Sale #2 [Re: MemphisChad]
ernster Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: San Francisco, Bay Area

Page 1 of 33 12345>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, dena, Gemma, cgcmod4, cgcmod2, cgcmod3, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Christmas slab sale
by rons
34 minutes 56 seconds ago
Toned Morgan, toned Standing Liberty quarter, Swiss shooting medal
by flatwoods
Yesterday at 08:43 PM
Mint Sealed FS Elig 5oz ATB Coins and PCGS OGH Antietam CAC MS63
by GBurger717
Yesterday at 05:00 PM
FSH: New Day 12/16... New Exonumia Tokens & Medals:)
by BROADSTRUCK
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
Comics Marketplace
Marvel Preview Slabs
by PhoKing
2 minutes 18 seconds ago
Blue lables f/s, priced to move
by reptilekingdie
Today at 02:16 PM
Blue lables f/s, priced to move
by reptilekingdie
Today at 02:03 PM
CHRISTMAS BATMAN SALE! 23-29
by Allen James
Today at 12:57 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing