• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,884 posts in this topic

No fast track this time. Now I remember why I normally do fast track

I won't send anything in to CGC any more unless I can justify paying for Fast Track. Who wants to have hundreds or even thousands of dollars tied up at CGC for 2 months for Moderns and 4 months for everything else? (shrug)

CGC is suffering from growing pains and needs to try to do something to improve turnaround times. :wishluck:

Actually, the big holdup right now is with encapsulation (actually, that's been the big hold-up for the better part of the last year). CGC has steadfastly refused to purchase another encapsulation machine to help the process out, because that would also mean they would need more staff to run it. Apparently, they have also refused to utilize the existing machines with a night shift for the same reason; more staff = more costs. Apparently, they are quite content on managing their costs and putting the wait squarely at your (the customer's) feet. I've had several submissions where the encapsulation time has bleed into 3-4 weeks AFTER the books were already graded. Frankly, that's unacceptable.

The problem with this is, when you get a "hot" book that will only be hot for 3-6 months, and the grading process takes that long or longer, people are going to stop sending them in for certification. I don't know what an encapsulation machine costs, or the costs involved with running/staffing it are, but I can't imagine it wouldn't pay for itself in the long run to not have customers wait weeks after grading to have their books finally encapsulated and shipped.

European Tarzan Weekly... Dave Stevens inks... anyone interested? Just thought I'd share...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1977-TARZAN-Weekly-2-Dave-Stevens-Art-EUROPEAN-/350520859456?pt=US_International_Comics&hash=item519cabdb40

I've seen some of these on the bay...from what I can tell nothing has Dave's name listed as credited but then again we know that he worked on the books based on the website. I don't think it says anywhere what actual issues though does it?

I just sent in 15 books on the value tier that I truly do not anticipate seeing again until October. The rest of the books I have out I hope to have everything back by July. What I have out there is pretty much going to be it for the rest of the year except for what I pick up at Heroes in June and maybe I'll get Adam to pick up a book or two for me at Dragon Con again, but like Shark was saying, nobody wants their money tied up for months on end.

:popcorn:

Just wanted to share about my personal DaveQuest.

1) After going to the very last page on Google search, I found my two copies of Myticogryfil #2. :applause:

2) Out of pure luck, I found myself E-chatting with Bob Sourk(Destiny Science Fiction). He went above and beyond trying to point me in the direction of folks that might know where I could get a copy. Still searching. :applause:

3) Waiting for Tom Ranhiem(Dave Stevens website) to get back to me about updates. :wishluck:

That's about it for now. Anyone else have DaveQuest stuff to share? :)

:popcorn: can't wait to see what you end up with!

:wishluck:

Just wanted to share about my personal DaveQuest.

1) After going to the very last page on Google search, I found my two copies of Myticogryfil #2. :applause:

2) Out of pure luck, I found myself E-chatting with Bob Sourk(Destiny Science Fiction). He went above and beyond trying to point me in the direction of folks that might know where I could get a copy. Still searching. :applause:

3) Waiting for Tom Ranhiem(Dave Stevens website) to get back to me about updates. :wishluck:

That's about it for now. Anyone else have DaveQuest stuff to share? :)

:popcorn: can't wait to see what you end up with!

:wishluck:

Me too! :whee:

All right, kids. I don't normally do this(because I want it all to myself), but Dave's Estate started listing some really cool stuff on Da-Bay. :whee:

Dig deep. I think some of it wiil go pretty high.

That Rocketeer poster looks fantastic!

All right, kids. I don't normally do this(because I want it all to myself), but Dave's Estate started listing some really cool stuff on Da-Bay. :whee:

So do we just search under "Dave Stevens" or should we look under a particular seller name?

So do we just search under "Dave Stevens" or should we look under a particular seller name?

I know.

:whistle: