Page 180 of 2051 « First<178179180181182>Last »
Topic Options
#5574054 - 04/04/12 05:11 AM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: Nico Esq]
Speedmaster1971 Offline
Chatzilla

Originally Posted By: Nico Esq
 Originally Posted By: krighton
expect some crazy, insane, nutsy, psychotic prices for 96-100.

I agree ... I think those issues will suceed because of death(s), first appearances and hype. Something to Fear is going to be a hot run regardless of the fact that they will have the highest print runs of any issues in the series. It looks like Merle Dixon is going to appear with his brother and the two guys that were with Merl Dixon will also make their first appearance in the Something to Fear story arc. I also imagine that we are going to see Merle in the 3rd Season of the Walkind Dead which will drive the price of these issues down the road. Plus, I think we all agree that one or more major characters are going to bite the dust. Knowing what Kirkman has done in the past, I suspect that the death(s) will not occur in issue 100 or at least not all of the deaths will not occur in issue 100. The other thing that is nice about Something to Fear is that the Walking Dead is coming out every three weeks at least until issue 100 but maybe through the entire Something to Fear arc. I also heard that Kirkman is planning the release of issue 100 to coincide with Comic Con so it's reasonable to anticipate a convention exclusive cover.

It was mentioned in the Walking Dead discussion thread that we should try and get a CGC Board Walking Dead Variant. I know that Larry's Comics produces regional variants and I imagine that a number of board members have produced regional covers for their conventions. It would be great if one of those individuals would offer to take the lead on getting this done. I'm happy to assist in any way I can and would be willing to contact a couple image artists that I talk to via email and see if they would like to draw a cover. I'm going to cross post this in the Walking Dead discussion. Please PM me if you are interested in getting this done and if I receive more than 20 PMs I will start a thread on this topic to share ideas and see if we can get this done.

That's good because there's not enough Walking Dead related threads.....

#5574127 - 04/04/12 07:20 AM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: Speedmaster1971]
COMICKINGS Offline
Talkative?

I inquired about getting a Walking Dead exclsuive cover last month. I spoke with a guy at Image and he said Kirkman would like to have you order 2,000 copies of the exclusive,but that 1,000 was possible. There were some that were 500 copies but those were special exceptions. Also he said Kirkman is super slammed and it sounded as though granting exclusive covers is hardly anything he's concerned with. I was supposed to hear back from the guy 2 weeks ago and I haven't yet. So I got the impression it's not going to be very easy to get approved to do one unless maybe you had an inside with someone close to Kirkman.

Edited by COMICKINGS (04/04/12 07:22 AM)

#5574326 - 04/04/12 10:16 AM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: Branget]
comicartfan Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Derry,NH
 Originally Posted By: branget
I don't know if I could sell them.

Everything has a price

It's just a question of what that price is...

#5575018 - 04/04/12 02:51 PM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: comicartfan]
Branget Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ask the mods.....poof
 Originally Posted By: comicartfan
 Originally Posted By: branget
I don't know if I could sell them.

Everything has a price

It's just a question of what that price is...

Although I do not agree with your philosophy you may be right about these.
I don't pick fights. I simply toss what I call cuddly, little fun bombs. Often these are mistaken for digs or digs in disguise. Despite not attaching an rsvp nor sase, they always seem to elicit a response nevertheless. I am told this is because I have a pugnacious, jackassery style of posting which requires me to be regularly reminded of how unpleasant I can be. - hockey&comicsguy

#5575367 - 04/04/12 05:02 PM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: Branget]
whetteon Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Overland Park
Adventure Time #1 Sketched Variants are starting to show up and are gaining a lot of interest on eBay. Looks to be going for $100+ on eBay and they are all over The Market top 20 list. I suppose you hit comic cons to make $$ these days by getting exclusive comics.

#5575374 - 04/04/12 05:04 PM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: whetteon]
krighton Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: whetteon
Adventure Time #1 Sketched Variants are starting to show up and are gaining a lot of interest on eBay. Looks to be going for $100+ on eBay and they are all over The Market top 20 list. I suppose you hit comic cons to make $$ these days by getting exclusive comics.

why not...certainly increases the traffic to those events.

#5577207 - 04/05/12 09:41 AM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: whetteon]
Schmakt Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I suppose you hit comic cons to make $$ these days by getting exclusive comics.

I think maybe I wasn't paying much attention to comics when this trend began. I guess it's maybe great for the industry to get more cash flowing around, but I remember just hating the idea... as well as retailer exclusives. I've warmed up to the idea a bit since then... still bugs me, but I guess there ain't no use in complaining.
Daredevil #1 8.5 CGC or Raw
Daredevil #293 CGC 9.8 Found! (Golden State)
E-Man CGC 9.8
  • 5 Found! (9.6 Three Rivers - upgrade me!)

Negative Burn #7 CGC 9.8 Found! (Thanks, DoomBat!)
Proof #1 CGC 9.8+
RASL 2-5, 9+ CGC 9.8
Weird War Tales #50 NM Found! (Golden State)
What If vol. 2 #26 CGC 9.8

Kudos Thread || CAF Gallery || schmakt.com

#5577332 - 04/05/12 10:46 AM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: Schmakt]
whetteon Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Schmakt
I suppose you hit comic cons to make $$ these days by getting exclusive comics.

I think maybe I wasn't paying much attention to comics when this trend began. I guess it's maybe great for the industry to get more cash flowing around, but I remember just hating the idea... as well as retailer exclusives. I've warmed up to the idea a bit since then... still bugs me, but I guess there ain't no use in complaining.

\(shrug\)

#5577333 - 04/05/12 10:48 AM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: whetteon]
whetteon Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

What if Venom had possessed Deadpool? #1 is getting $15 to $20 per copy on eBay. Seems like two great taste that are good together.

eBay Completed Listings

#5577605 - 04/05/12 12:46 PM Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! [Re: Speedmaster1971]
the blob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Speedmaster
 Originally Posted By: Nico Esq
 Originally Posted By: krighton
expect some crazy, insane, nutsy, psychotic prices for 96-100.

I agree ... I think those issues will suceed because of death(s), first appearances and hype. Something to Fear is going to be a hot run regardless of the fact that they will have the highest print runs of any issues in the series. It looks like Merle Dixon is going to appear with his brother and the two guys that were with Merl Dixon will also make their first appearance in the Something to Fear story arc. I also imagine that we are going to see Merle in the 3rd Season of the Walkind Dead which will drive the price of these issues down the road. Plus, I think we all agree that one or more major characters are going to bite the dust. Knowing what Kirkman has done in the past, I suspect that the death(s) will not occur in issue 100 or at least not all of the deaths will not occur in issue 100. The other thing that is nice about Something to Fear is that the Walking Dead is coming out every three weeks at least until issue 100 but maybe through the entire Something to Fear arc. I also heard that Kirkman is planning the release of issue 100 to coincide with Comic Con so it's reasonable to anticipate a convention exclusive cover.

It was mentioned in the Walking Dead discussion thread that we should try and get a CGC Board Walking Dead Variant. I know that Larry's Comics produces regional variants and I imagine that a number of board members have produced regional covers for their conventions. It would be great if one of those individuals would offer to take the lead on getting this done. I'm happy to assist in any way I can and would be willing to contact a couple image artists that I talk to via email and see if they would like to draw a cover. I'm going to cross post this in the Walking Dead discussion. Please PM me if you are interested in getting this done and if I receive more than 20 PMs I will start a thread on this topic to share ideas and see if we can get this done.

That's good because there's not enough Walking Dead related threads.....

Honestly, I don't see why 95-100 would be getting price spikes because many shops are ordering plenty of extra copies, folks have jumped on the bandwagon, etc. one of my local shops had at least 15 copies of 95 sitting on the rack as of last friday as well as some others in the 90s. I was tempted to buy them, but I know that's the moment it would all come crashing down when i'm trying to unload 15 copies of one issue. the frantic purchases i see on ebay are folks who missed out on these issues when they came out, now that they're into it they can just go to their shop and buy them at cover, why would these go up a lot? or are shops so scared of getting stuck with overstock they won't order extras? certainly doesn't seem to change ordering behaviors for marvel #1s that get overordered though.

Page 180 of 2051 « First<178179180181182>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
20 Piece Odd Silver Lot
by Hibou
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
Modern Commemorative mint package sets
by Six Mile Rick
Yesterday at 08:15 PM
WTB 2014-P 5 oz ATB Smoky Mountains 25C NGC SP70 Early Releases
by NamesJay
Yesterday at 03:32 PM
1921 Peace dollars for sale
by Nutmeg Coin
Yesterday at 11:40 AM
Comics Marketplace
Manifest 1,2,3 Sheltered 1,2,3 Black Science 1, 2, 3 Saga all in 9.8
by Dmac538
41 minutes 6 seconds ago
Marvel Preview 7 - CGC 9.4 WP - 1st Rocket Raccoon, Fantastic Four 45 CGC 7.0 WP
by BizarroChuck
43 minutes 55 seconds ago
EC Frontline Combat Books! Numbers 2,8,9!
by Godfather's Comic
Today at 03:42 PM
Captain Savage #1 9.8 WP
by Peter in Portugal
Today at 03:34 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.227 seconds in which 0.214 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125x125 ComicLink Internet Comic Book Exchange