Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5573848 - 04/04/12 12:19 AM The Toast report: ECCC 2012 PICTURE HEAVY
Designer Toast Online   content

Quoting your own initial thread post: take seven shots.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: NMish Silliness
This year I forgot to make plans to fly up in advance of the coming Spring Break. A flight up on Thursday would have been no problems, but every flight back was sold and and many were overbooked - so off I went via road to Seattle.

The weather in these parts has been awful, continuous days of rain with some areas flooding a bit. It was a long drive in the rain and not all that bad, but some sun would have been nice. I stopped off at three comic shops along the way. Sadly, one store was having such poor sales it stopped ordering new comics altogether. The other two stores were not doing well either.

It seems to be the theme in Oregon and Washington, as my pal Chris from I Like Comics in Vancouver, Washington, recently bought out a store that had been struggling for a while.

After arriving in Seattle, I went to a family member's house and met up with them for dinner. After dinner, we went to this killer indoor shooting range and blew off about four hundred or so rounds of ammo. We hit some regular targets and shot up a few comics for laughs, including an X-Force 3.

The guys in the lane next to us were blowing off rounds when one of them got hit right in the face; inner corner of his left eye near the bridge of his nose. A fragment had ricocheted back and caught him. Luckily, it was a small fragment that had skimmed off the bottom of his glasses - hence, why you should always wear rounded shooting glasses. The guy was okay with the fragment leaving just a small mark, and it could have been a lot worse.

After shooting we returned to the house, watched some TV, hung out and chatted and I crashed out for the night.

Friday afternoon I rolled into the city and met up with a good friend of mine for lunch at the Daily Grill. Adam Baldwin was chowing down while we were there and it was nice to see that nobody was bothering him. To you Daily Grill haters - I love you all and you have not a taste bud in your head.

After lunch I met up with the infamous greggy who, in spite of my not showing up with a pocket full of pins for him, was gracious enough to provide me with a pass for the show.
His kindness and my seventy-five dollars went a long way. Thanks again for hooking me up, greggy. \(thumbs u

I walked around for a few minutes and checked on the line outside. There were a ton of people there. I decided to head over to the Image booth to wait and pick up a Walking Dead compendium.

Spydrcer (Rey) showed up and we hung out and talked while waiting for the show to start. There was a ceramics show in town and I think Rey was shocked that I knew who Chihuly was (renowned glass artist) - Rey had no clue and only knew the name because his wife had opted to go to the ceramics show and pass on the con. That's okay, Rey, I only know because of my wife too.

Shots from the crowd pre-show opening...

Edited by Designer Toast (04/05/12 01:53 PM)

- The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct.
- If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down.
- It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles.
- Treat others how you wish to be treated and one up yourself by actually living by what you say.

#5573867 - 04/04/12 12:31 AM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: Designer Toast]

TOTAL NEWBIE

The flood for the show started and I grabbed one of the WD compendiums. The entire Image staff that weekend was awesome. They were flat out busy the entire time and had to deal with some real azzholes. The Image staff had to deal with a plethora of i-diots and m-orons from people demanding a copy of the WD compendium to flustered fanboys who called the staff liars when people were turned back from the Kirkman signing (more on that later). I went out of my way to thank the Image staff for their kindness and professionalism.

I was given a ticket for the Friday night Kirkman siging, but was told it was at seven. Wrong. It was from five to seven and I had missed it. However, it was the Image staff to the rescue, telling me my ticket would be honored the following day and it was (more on that later). The convention closed at eight on Friday night and the swarms of people coming in and out were nonstop. I heard that Friday's numbers were over thirty-three thousand strong.

A few shots of the floor pre-show...apologies in advance for the blurring, I forgot to turn the flash on...

#5573870 - 04/04/12 12:32 AM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: Designer Toast]

TOTAL NEWBIE

More later, time to hit it...

zzz

- The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct.
- If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down.
- Treat others how you wish to be treated and one up yourself by actually living by what you say.

#5574437 - 04/04/12 11:01 AM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: Designer Toast]
Senormac Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oregon
The Daily Grill

The Tap House Grill

Ruths Chris

Ivars

and some mexican restaurant on the top floor of the mall

#5575449 - 04/04/12 05:37 PM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: Senormac]
TupennyConan Offline

I deserve all of the love & adoration from the True Legend that this has won for me.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Between the Atoms
greggy is a man-god.

~~ Odysseus, Homer, The Odyssey

#5576142 - 04/04/12 08:53 PM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: TupennyConan]
Senormac Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oregon
 Originally Posted By: TupennyConan
greggy is a man-god.

but can he play chess ?

#5576185 - 04/04/12 09:11 PM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: Senormac]
thehumantorch Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Alberta Canada
Thanks for the report and pics Toast. Keep 'em coming.

My CAF

THIS JUST IN

#5576273 - 04/04/12 09:37 PM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: Senormac]

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Senormac
 Originally Posted By: TupennyConan
greggy is a man-god.

but can he play chess ?

greggy is the Chuck Norris of chess.

#5576278 - 04/04/12 09:38 PM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: thehumantorch]

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: thehumantorch

Thought I was going to be busy with a project, but it ain't happenin' until Monday so onward with pics and stuff and things......................

#5576307 - 04/04/12 09:47 PM Re: The Toast report: ECCC 2012 [Re: thehumantorch]

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: thehumantorch

Dave, your avatar rocks!

Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Labor Day Sale - Toners!
by physics-fan3.14
Today at 06:16 PM
FS or possible trade. 1909-S VDB NGC MS63RB
by agentjim007
Today at 01:44 PM
Today at GreatCollections - NGC Franklins, Morgans, Rare Gold and More
by ianrussell
Yesterday at 05:03 PM
FS/ maple leaf
by wheat'swheats
Yesterday at 02:58 PM
Comics Marketplace
Playboy Magazines: Various Issues/Years 1987 to 2004
by Ditt44
13 minutes 13 seconds ago
FS: ASM 700 first prints variants and non-variants
by Wocorebel
13 minutes 54 seconds ago
Early Y The Last Man Orignal art- Issue 3 page 17
by eriqui
56 minutes 59 seconds ago
Few books that won't be taking a trip to Sarasota
by asteroid-comix
58 minutes 35 seconds ago
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum IDW Publishing