• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

True. Walking Dead 92 is heating up. Walking Dead craziness or things to come for Fatale?

You think Walking Dead #92 is heating up because of Fatale? Jesus, dude...you're way off on that one.

:facepalm:

True. Walking Dead 92 is heating up. Walking Dead craziness or things to come for Fatale?

92 is about Jesus, not Fatale.

Isn't Fatales first app. in Chew 22?

The first Fatale preview is in Chew #22. The second is in WD #92. I just sold a raw WD 92 on eBay for $21.50 last night. Not too shabby.

of course they do, it's human nature...Fatale is still doing well, issue 4 comes out tomorrow and i think that one will sell well also. It will never have the wide range appeal of WD but it is what it is and hasn't tanked as of yet.

My auctions on 49-84 just ended with some STRONG sales in there.

53 - $55

61 - $62

63 - $26.50

Nice return of $409.89 on my original $10!

http://www.ebay.com/csc/sam-tk/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=7&_sop=13&_rdc=1

Thanks for the heads up.

I saw 3 copies of 53 at my LCS last week for cover price and passed. I went back and picked them up after seeing your post.

You can just forward my cut to my Paypal account!

I am very happy I picked up 3 copies of #80 in a 3 for $1 box last year (though I have to say that WD is one title I rarely see in any overstock/discount box unless it is mangled).

I'd like to make a little prediction about a book that I think will get hot and stay in hot in a short matter of time. Ultimate Comics: Fallout 4 (1:25 variant). It is the first Miles Morales and a reasonably rare book. I think there was about 5K printed. I have been looking high and low for a CGC 9.8 with no luck. I think smart collectors are sitting on these books. What does everyone else thnk?

Currently I have three copies of Ultimate Fallout 4, all in, what seems so me, 9.8. Only thing that sucks, none of them is a 1:25 variant. Should definitely check out my two lcs for forgotten ones. which, by the way, living in puerto rico, are the only two comic shops on the island. think you could live with that?

Edited by zombizzy

I have my 49-84 up right now. Started them out at $7.99 ea with free shipping. My question is what is the deal with 53? I know nothing about Walking Dead, but was aware that 61/63 were Chew books. Why is 53 $20?

PS I bought these for a quarter a pop last fall at a swap and shop event at my LCS. YAY ME!

1st appearance of three characters Abraham, Rosita, and of course everyone's favorite mulleted sham scientist Eugene.

Has the world gone insane? There's a Walking Dead 53 lot of 4 with a BIN of $450! :roflmao:

Short supply say hello to strong demand. The print run will amp up in a few issues.

Until then this will occur.

Edited by Nico Esq

expect some crazy, insane, nutsy, psychotic prices for 96-100.

I agree ... I think those issues will suceed because of death(s), first appearances and hype. Something to Fear is going to be a hot run regardless of the fact that they will have the highest print runs of any issues in the series. It looks like Merle Dixon is going to appear with his brother and the two guys that were with Merl Dixon will also make their first appearance in the Something to Fear story arc. I also imagine that we are going to see Merle in the 3rd Season of the Walkind Dead which will drive the price of these issues down the road. Plus, I think we all agree that one or more major characters are going to bite the dust. Knowing what Kirkman has done in the past, I suspect that the death(s) will not occur in issue 100 or at least not all of the deaths will not occur in issue 100. The other thing that is nice about Something to Fear is that the Walking Dead is coming out every three weeks at least until issue 100 but maybe through the entire Something to Fear arc. I also heard that Kirkman is planning the release of issue 100 to coincide with Comic Con so it's reasonable to anticipate a convention exclusive cover.

It was mentioned in the Walking Dead discussion thread that we should try and get a CGC Board Walking Dead Variant. I know that Larry's Comics produces regional variants and I imagine that a number of board members have produced regional covers for their conventions. It would be great if one of those individuals would offer to take the lead on getting this done. I'm happy to assist in any way I can and would be willing to contact a couple image artists that I talk to via email and see if they would like to draw a cover. I'm going to cross post this in the Walking Dead discussion. Please PM me if you are interested in getting this done and if I receive more than 20 PMs I will start a thread on this topic to share ideas and see if we can get this done.

IDK we thought the same thing about Saga 1 and it sold out the second printing before it hit the shelf. Because none of the Something to Fear books have hit the shelf and you can pre-order issue 98 right now at your LCS, I suggest that you order 96 and 97 from mycomicshop or one of the other mega stores for 10%-15% off cover price and get the rest of the issues from your LCS. I think you'll save lots of cash. I don't think any of these books will demand more than 2-3 times cover price after they've been on the shelf for a few weeks or two months. I’m thinking that the larger jump in price will be a year or two down the road or if Daryl actually appears in the book I imagine that his CGC and CGC SS books will demand a significant premium after a few months. Just my thought on the situation and remember that I only got back into comics less than six months ago and that was after a 15 year absence.

I just went crazy today and bought out all of the recent WD back issues from all the LCS in my area (for cover price). I ended up with lots of complete runs, that I should clean up on.

I found another copy of 53 (now my 4th). I'm trying to grab them all before most stores realize the prices this thing is now fetching, which are $50+!