Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#5572010 - 04/03/12 11:14 AM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: Foolkiller]
Dale Roberts Offline

A custom title just because Arch looked at my post count when it was exactly 7777? Wow. Lucky day. Whoo. I'm rockin' now... Yah.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Foolkiller
 Originally Posted By: Dale Roberts
 Originally Posted By: VW ClobberinThing
Dale you are entitled to think what ever you want. But if you think Calpari was'nt involved in any of the violations is just absurd..

In the Rose case recruiting of star players happens as early as the 8th grade so if you think Cal did'nt have his hands all over Rose and he SATs your wrong.

With Camby the agent gave him money like 75k, you think coach Cal did'nt notice when a dirt poor kid from the Hartford, CT projects starts wearing Guady bling or driving around in new cars. Puhhlease

Major college sports is a business and breaking the rules is a standard business practice. Many major universities have been nailed to the wall for voilations. The coach is always involved.

If you choose to believe Cal did'nt do anything then fine. However evidence points to otherwise.

Quoting *spoon* Vitale is freakiing hilarious...he is the biggest apologist/ ball washer/ *spoon* kisser in college basketball. Whatever he says is useless.

Enjoy the win like the other poster said we will see how long it lasts

I like how you say that I am wrong, but I am just reporting what the NCAA found. You are making assumptions which certainly cannot be proven, and a thorough investigation agrees with me.

Certainly, you are entitled to your opinion, but just so you are aware, that is all it is. It is opinion, and the facts and evidence are on my side.

lol

C'mon. You can't seriously believe Cal is clean? When the schools have to have their Final Four appearances vacated for NCAA violations, each time he's left, there's more than not passing the smell test. That's it's own evidence in and of itself, and the inference drawn there is more than a mere opinion not grounded in fact. This kind of "facts and evidence" type argument is like saying that Pete Caroll did nothing wrong with USC because he was never sanctioned or go down the whole list of programs that got sanctioned. How about when Weber was at Michigan?

I think the real issue is that we make such a big issue out of the way it's run and all these so called violations. these players make millions for the school, and beyond the education, which is not why most went to school, they ought to receive some piece of the pie. Particularly for those that will never play professionally. I think even a modest stipend would deter many of these so-called incidents.

Yeah, I think Cal is as clean as any big time coach. I would have no problem if the accusation was that at Mass he didn't exercise as much control over the program as he should have. I wouldn't deny that, but I don't think he PERSONALLY did anything wrong. He didn't cause the contact with the agent with Camby. Its simply not logical. I don't think he helped Rose pass his SATs. He wasn't committed to Memphis at the time. No coach is going to take that kind of risk for any player, especially one he might not get.

Calipari didn't leave Memphis because of allegations, Brian. He didn't leave UMASS because of allegations. He left Memphis to go to UK, a much better job. More money, biggest spotlight. He left UMass to go to the NBA.

You are making history fit your argument.

www.DaleRobertsComics.com

#5572045 - 04/03/12 11:35 AM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: Dale Roberts]
seanfingh Offline

You earn it. It's like MMA for nerds.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Iron Throne

Often, where there is a lot of smoke, there is some fire.

#5572079 - 04/03/12 11:47 AM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: seanfingh]
Dale Roberts Offline

A custom title just because Arch looked at my post count when it was exactly 7777? Wow. Lucky day. Whoo. I'm rockin' now... Yah.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: seanfingh

Certainly. I don't doubt that at all. I think in the case of Rose, he used bad judgement and recruited someone with questionable ties. I don't doubt he has made mistakes, but I don't think he is a "sleaze".

I don't hear that kind of stuff from people in the business though. If you listened to ESPN this morning, almost every single analyst has sided with Calipari. That while he has responsibility for the programs where he has been, the NCAA has not named him ever. This morning, I have heard Gottlieb, Fraschilla, and Vitale all say this very same thing.

www.DaleRobertsComics.com

#5572201 - 04/03/12 12:20 PM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: Shark]
VW ClobberinThing Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: QTown, MA
 Originally Posted By: Shark
Here's a fact for you guys - I've won this pool 3 years out of 4 (and finished 2nd last year). Am I gonna get accused of cheating too?

Nope you went with the smart picks and won. \(worship\) if I did'nt dislike Calapari so much I would have picked UK to win also and we would have had a barn burner finish. Carolina losing their point guard helped UK in the end. I think Carolina was the only team that had a chance to stay with/ beat Kentucky.

That was a fun little pool to bad more people did'nt get in and make you a nicer chunk.

Wait till next year \(thumbs u

Dale we will just have to agree to disagree \(shrug\)
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

KUDOS THREAD http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5198631&fpart=2

#5572205 - 04/03/12 12:21 PM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: Dale Roberts]
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
 Originally Posted By: seanfingh

Certainly. I don't doubt that at all. I think in the case of Rose, he used bad judgement and recruited someone with questionable ties. I don't doubt he has made mistakes, but I don't think he is a "sleaze".

I don't hear that kind of stuff from people in the business though. If you listened to ESPN this morning, almost every single analyst has sided with Calipari. That while he has responsibility for the programs where he has been, the NCAA has not named him ever. This morning, I have heard Gottlieb, Fraschilla, and Vitale all say this very same thing.

Yeah, and it's funny how all of this comes up only AFTER Kentucky wins the national championship. If Kentucky had been knocked out in an earlier round, probably nary a word would have been said about any of this.
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4294915

#5572210 - 04/03/12 12:23 PM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: VW ClobberinThing]
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Here's a fact for you guys - I've won this pool 3 years out of 4 (and finished 2nd last year). Am I gonna get accused of cheating too?

Nope you went with the smart picks and won. \(worship\) if I did'nt dislike Calapari so much I would have picked UK to win also and we would have had a barn burner finish. Carolina losing their point guard helped UK in the end. I think Carolina was the only team that had a chance to stay with/ beat Kentucky.

That was a fun little pool to bad more people did'nt get in and make you a nicer chunk.

Maybe that's why I keep winning. I don't let personal feelings about teams, coaches or players get in the way. I just pick who I think will win that particular game. \:\)
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:

#5572288 - 04/03/12 12:52 PM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: Shark]
VW ClobberinThing Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: QTown, MA

Maybe that's why I keep winning. I don't let personal feelings about teams, coaches or players get in the way. I just pick who I think will win that particular game. \:\)

While winning is fun, rooting against guys or teams you don't like it damn fun too. I'm a Sox fan so hating on Rivals is just in our blood in New England. For a $25 buck flyer who cares.. If I bet big money on the game I'd go with the smart pick too. Speaking of which did Kentucky cover I never looked at a spread.
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

KUDOS THREAD http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5198631&fpart=2

#5572416 - 04/03/12 01:42 PM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: VW ClobberinThing]
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

While winning is fun, rooting against guys or teams you don't like it damn fun too. I'm a Sox fan so hating on Rivals is just in our blood in New England. For a $25 buck flyer who cares.. If I bet big money on the game I'd go with the smart pick too. Speaking of which did Kentucky cover I never looked at a spread.

I believe they did. They were favored by 6 if I recall correctly.

Shark's Feedback Thread:

#5572531 - 04/03/12 02:33 PM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: Shark]
chrisco37 Offline

I think mine is coming up soon

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Caltopia

I believe they did. They were favored by 6 if I recall correctly.

They covered easily. The line I saw was 6.5.

#5573044 - 04/03/12 06:25 PM Re: CGCMarchMadness [Re: Dale Roberts]
Foolkiller Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Baltimore, MD
 Originally Posted By: Foolkiller
Dale you are entitled to think what ever you want. But if you think Calpari was'nt involved in any of the violations is just absurd..

In the Rose case recruiting of star players happens as early as the 8th grade so if you think Cal did'nt have his hands all over Rose and he SATs your wrong.

With Camby the agent gave him money like 75k, you think coach Cal did'nt notice when a dirt poor kid from the Hartford, CT projects starts wearing Guady bling or driving around in new cars. Puhhlease

Major college sports is a business and breaking the rules is a standard business practice. Many major universities have been nailed to the wall for voilations. The coach is always involved.

If you choose to believe Cal did'nt do anything then fine. However evidence points to otherwise.

Quoting *spoon* Vitale is freakiing hilarious...he is the biggest apologist/ ball washer/ *spoon* kisser in college basketball. Whatever he says is useless.

Enjoy the win like the other poster said we will see how long it lasts

I like how you say that I am wrong, but I am just reporting what the NCAA found. You are making assumptions which certainly cannot be proven, and a thorough investigation agrees with me.

Certainly, you are entitled to your opinion, but just so you are aware, that is all it is. It is opinion, and the facts and evidence are on my side.

lol

C'mon. You can't seriously believe Cal is clean? When the schools have to have their Final Four appearances vacated for NCAA violations, each time he's left, there's more than not passing the smell test. That's it's own evidence in and of itself, and the inference drawn there is more than a mere opinion not grounded in fact. This kind of "facts and evidence" type argument is like saying that Pete Caroll did nothing wrong with USC because he was never sanctioned or go down the whole list of programs that got sanctioned. How about when Weber was at Michigan?

I think the real issue is that we make such a big issue out of the way it's run and all these so called violations. these players make millions for the school, and beyond the education, which is not why most went to school, they ought to receive some piece of the pie. Particularly for those that will never play professionally. I think even a modest stipend would deter many of these so-called incidents.

Yeah, I think Cal is as clean as any big time coach. I would have no problem if the accusation was that at Mass he didn't exercise as much control over the program as he should have. I wouldn't deny that, but I don't think he PERSONALLY did anything wrong. He didn't cause the contact with the agent with Camby. Its simply not logical. I don't think he helped Rose pass his SATs. He wasn't committed to Memphis at the time. No coach is going to take that kind of risk for any player, especially one he might not get.

Calipari didn't leave Memphis because of allegations, Brian. He didn't leave UMASS because of allegations. He left Memphis to go to UK, a much better job. More money, biggest spotlight. He left UMass to go to the NBA.

You are making history fit your argument.

Pete Carroll left USC to go to the NFL too, funny how just when it happened, USC got sanctioned.

It's all about plausible deniability. If you don't think Cal had all the knowledge, whether direct or not, of what was going on, then you're underestimating the way these guys coach.

I do think Cal is dirtier than Roy Williams or Bill Self or some of the others. They leave before the tide. The fact that the schools get in trouble for things that happened while he was coach reflects directly on him. You're simply ignoring the fact that Cal's programs turn out to be dirty while he was there and deflecting anything negative away. it's the same thing. You're seeing what you want to.

I like Calipari actually. I think he's a better coach than people give him credit. But very few coaches have their programs sanctioned TWICE for conduct that occurred under their reign. Sorry, that's not just a coincidence.

Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, nmp, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Today: Coin Auctions by GreatCollections - Superb Half Dimes, Morgans and More
by ianrussell
02:05 PM
FSH: Nuclear toned 1969-d pcgs ms64 Kennedy Half dollar, Rainbow Washingtons too
by PCcoins
01:53 PM
1819/8 Capped Bust Half NGC VF30 O-102 on Ebay
by A.Phillips
07/26/14 09:13 PM
Classic Commems, Ancient, Error, 19th and 20th Century Type Coins
by HULLCOINS
07/26/14 03:34 PM
Comics Marketplace
SDCC 2014 Toasty Toy Sale
by Designer Toast
01:17 AM
Sealed DC 3-pack + JIM 109 112 + Superman vs Spidey
by ajaxfarrell
11:25 PM
Action 252, IH 180-2, MP 4, ST 110, AT 25...a few others
by peterpark
11:17 PM
Nintendo 3ds XL and games
by Giroux
11:07 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles IDW Publishing