• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

If I reholder, will I lose the "winnipeg" ?

It shouldn't on a straight Re-Holder. Awesome book BTW.

That also brings up another subject I've been thinking of asking about. If you submit a book with a cracked case (such as this one) and it's got an old style label in it, can you request that it be replaced with a new style label? It would be easy enough for CGC to do considering that the inner well just has a slot in the top of it for the label insertion. hm

I didn't think you could get the old label back. I thought it was automatically new label.

That would be great. I have a Spectacular Spider-Man #2 CGC 9.6 with a cracked case and an old label and I much prefer the new label. The insufficiently_thoughtful_person I bought if from on eBay last month shipped it to me in a bubble mailer with no other protection. doh!

I didn't think you could get the old label back. I thought it was automatically new label.

That would be great. I have a Spectacular Spider-Man #2 CGC 9.6 with a cracked case and an old label and I much prefer the new label. The insufficiently_thoughtful_person I bought if from on eBay last month shipped it to me in a bubble mailer with no other protection. doh!

What do you mean, no other protection? It was in the holder wasn't it?? That's the holder's job. ;)

What do you mean, no other protection? It was in the holder wasn't it?? That's the holder's job. ;)

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

I'm glad it got to you without hurting the book though, I've had people ship that way to me also. I had an ASM 50 9.0 from England come in a "mailer" and get cracked.

CGC will reholder a book and keep the Pedigree, new label of course, all as it was unless they think the grade looks far from the label number.

I got this from Robert Bell when I was 12 years old. I just got it graded last year.

img004.jpg

Nice copy.

... and what did Robert Bell call the grade when you bought it?

You could have thown in $3.00 and got the "100 bags deal" lol

I got this from Robert Bell when I was 12 years old. I just got it graded last year.

img004.jpg

Nice copy.

I don't recall the grade but I think it cost $12.00

img004.jpg

Nice copy.

:o:applause:

img004.jpg

Nice copy.

:o:applause:

12 bucks well spent! :applause:

This beauty just arrived at my door an hour ago. Upgraded from my 6.5, it's now my highest registry book. I normally stay away from writing, but for some reason this one didn't bother me.

Did anyone here own this before me?

ASM2.jpg

This beauty just arrived at my door an hour ago. Upgraded from my 6.5, it's now my highest registry book. I normally stay away from writing, but for some reason this one didn't bother me.

Did anyone here own this before me?

ASM2.jpg

That's beautiful, and it looks much better than the grade. Congrats,

:applause:

Just picked this up.....nicest 9.2 I've ever seen. Only problems are a small stamp that says "Hillsboro" on the back plus a tiny letter "A"....also on the back. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ASM19f.jpg

ASM19b.jpg

Just picked this up.....nicest 9.2 I've ever seen. Only problems are a small stamp that says "Hillsboro" on the back plus a tiny letter "A"....also on the back. GOD BLESS...

Gorgeous! :applause:

ASM19f.jpg

ASM19b.jpg

Love it!

Congrats.

ASM19f.jpg

ASM19b.jpg

That is NICE! Thats about as bright a 19 as ive ever seen! Congrats :applause:

Soon to be on its way to me from our very own blue808 :cloud9:

asm29.jpg