• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gil Kane Cover Thread
6 6

627 posts in this topic

Hey GT (GhostTown).

Those are some fantastic Gil Kane covers. The early 70s saw some of Gil's best artwork. My favorites are the monster reprint covers. If you got more of those, I would love to see em!

Bill

Certainly those covers that he inked himself sit in a special category by themselves. I could see starting a collection of the self-inked books, perhaps bookended by the Palmer and Janson books.

I have always considered it a shame when Kane had his work (especially faces) corrected by John Romita. I would imagine that Romita himself was not too fond of the job.

I'm sure GT has posted these two before, but I have just received them and I am sure you all won't mind seeing them again, two of my all time favourite bronze age Spidey covers.

Picture280.jpg

Picture281.jpg

I'm sure GT has posted these two before, but I have just received them and I am sure you all won't mind seeing them again, two of my all time favourite bronze age Spidey covers.

Picture280.jpg

Picture281.jpg

Beautiful books, batmiesta. And classic covers too. They don't get much better than this.