Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#5565590 - 03/31/12 12:33 PM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: Radj4ck]
Radj4ck Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Porto/ Portugal
 Originally Posted By: radjack
Frankenstein, alive, alive by Bernie Wrightson
Tim Seeley and Mike Nortonís new comic from Image (this July)

can't wait for this two!

It's just been announced that the new series is called Revival BTW.

#5565733 - 03/31/12 02:12 PM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: Radj4ck]
Toru Offline
Learning the Ropes

Mind the Gap and Epic Kill.

\:\)

#5567617 - 04/01/12 02:39 PM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: krighton]
Nico Esq Offline

New next week:

Danger Club #1

Faced with the deadliest peril the universe had ever known, the world's greatest heroes left the Earth to battle a nightmarish evil... and they never came back. Now only their teenage sidekicks remain. Will the Danger Club unite against this unknown cosmic menace, or will their struggle for dominance destroy them? The critically acclaimed creative team of LANDRY Q. WALKER and ERIC JONES (Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures In the 8th Grade, Batman: Brave and the Bold) reunite to tell the apocalyptic tale of these titanic teens.

I don't know if this is going to be a smash hit, but I'm excited about it. It's definitely the biggest number one out next week.

Also next week we get Chew 25, Hell Yeah 2 an Fatale 4. Looks like a big week for image.

April 11th is a huge week with America's Got Powers and Secret debuting. Also on April 11 Image will release Luther Strode in TPB, Saga 2, Peter Panzerfaust 3 and Thief of Thieves 3.

#5569504 - 04/02/12 10:25 AM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: dupont2005]
Schmakt Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Charlotte, NC
 Originally Posted By: dupont2005
I am going to pick up the new Peter Bagge mini coming out

mini-comic?
Are you talking about the Reset mini-series or something else?
I'm very very much looking forward to Reset. That and The Massive are the two most exciting things for me.
Daredevil #1 8.5 CGC or Raw
Daredevil #293 CGC 9.8 Found! (Golden State)
E-Man CGC 9.8
  • 5 Found! (9.6 Three Rivers - upgrade me!)

Negative Burn #7 CGC 9.8 Found! (Thanks, DoomBat!)
Proof #1 CGC 9.8+
RASL 2-5, 9+ CGC 9.8
Weird War Tales #50 NM Found! (Golden State)
What If vol. 2 #26 CGC 9.8

Kudos Thread || CAF Gallery || schmakt.com

#5569598 - 04/02/12 11:14 AM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: Nico Esq]
Kevin Boyd Offline

aka kevthemev

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
I'm looking forwards to all of the Valiant titles you've listed but in particular X-O Manowar (which you haven't!).

I am actually looking forward to seeing the Before Watchmen books when they arrive, as well as Earth Two, World's Finest and Batman Incorporated Vol.2.

#5575241 - 04/04/12 04:17 PM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: ComicConnoisseur]
ckb Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: ComicConnoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Nico Esq
I'm anxiously awaiting some of the following releases and probably going to try the first couple issues of others, in no specific order:

Aspen:

Idolized

Dark Horse:

Alabaster Wolves
The Massive

Image:

America's Got Powers
Creator Owned Heroes
Dancer
Danger Club
Epic Kill
Happy
Mind the Gap
Planetoid
Secret

Marvel:

The Secret Service

Valiant

Archer & Armstrong (w/ the Eternal Warrior?)
Harbinger
Blood Shot
Shadow Man

I tried doing a thread like this before, but used the word speculation (which is apparently almost as foul as a racial slur in the minds of some board members) and the thread was compromised by posts about the evils of speculation. Please don't ruin this thread with those kinds of posts. I would really like to hear what other collectors are excited about and why. I'll try to talk about what has me interested in the titles I'm really excited about in later posts (e.g., artists, writers, etc.). Thank you for your contributions! I appreicate them.

I heard the Valiant stuff has been vastly underordered. Put it this way. The Valiant print runs will be in the 5000 to 10000 range. It could be a factor when old time Valiant fans find out about the rebirth.

I assume you are being facetious? The print run on X-O 1 is a lot more than 10K. Heck, Paradise in Canada ordered 1000 copies.

Yea, but he's on "the wrong side of right". Someone can be 100% right about something and still be wrong. If I hit a person in a
crosswalk with my car then I am wrong and they are right, but they are on "the wrong side of right".
-OldGuy 11/09/2006

I SUPPORT THE 1%. Without them, the rest of us are screwed.

#5575307 - 04/04/12 04:43 PM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: ckb]
Balham's Finest Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: London
Definitely keen for Secret. Hickman's recent work has been ace. Plus topical subject matter! Not sure about Ryan what'shisname as the artist, but willing to give him a try!

My feedback thread: Link

My CAF gallery: Link

#5576441 - 04/04/12 10:31 PM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: Balham's Finest]
Nico Esq Offline

Next week is going to be a big week for new titles: Alabaster Wolves 1, America's Got Powers 1 and Secret 1 are all released. I'm also excited about Peter Panzerfaust 3, Saga 2, and Thief of Thieves 3. I would also encourage anyone who hasn't read Luther Strode to pick up the TPB from their LCS or on Amazon for a mere $7.00.
#5576943 - 04/05/12 06:30 AM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: ckb]
ComicConnoisseur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: BOSTON STRONG
 Originally Posted By: ckb
 Originally Posted By: Nico Esq
I'm anxiously awaiting some of the following releases and probably going to try the first couple issues of others, in no specific order:

Aspen:

Idolized

Dark Horse:

Alabaster Wolves
The Massive

Image:

America's Got Powers
Creator Owned Heroes
Dancer
Danger Club
Epic Kill
Happy
Mind the Gap
Planetoid
Secret

Marvel:

The Secret Service

Valiant

Archer & Armstrong (w/ the Eternal Warrior?)
Harbinger
Blood Shot
Shadow Man

I tried doing a thread like this before, but used the word speculation (which is apparently almost as foul as a racial slur in the minds of some board members) and the thread was compromised by posts about the evils of speculation. Please don't ruin this thread with those kinds of posts. I would really like to hear what other collectors are excited about and why. I'll try to talk about what has me interested in the titles I'm really excited about in later posts (e.g., artists, writers, etc.). Thank you for your contributions! I appreicate them.

I heard the Valiant stuff has been vastly underordered. Put it this way. The Valiant print runs will be in the 5000 to 10000 range. It could be a factor when old time Valiant fans find out about the rebirth.

I assume you are being facetious? The print run on X-O 1 is a lot more than 10K. Heck, Paradise in Canada ordered 1000 copies.

I heard these have been under ordered. Consider that the original Rai 3 or original Harbinger 1 will have higher print runs than the new Valiants. I also would expect big money on the variants once the word gets out.

#5577902 - 04/05/12 02:52 PM Re: New Solicitations - what fothcoming titles are you excited about? [Re: ComicConnoisseur]
ckb Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I heard these have been under ordered. Consider that the original Rai 3 or original Harbinger 1 will have higher print runs than the new Valiants. I also would expect big money on the variants once the word gets out.

I sure hope you are right, but my sense is that there are going to bo 50K+ XO 1s printed. Even if it is half that, there will be so many copies concentrated in a few hands that I do not have high hopes for them being hard to find.

3 years from now, who knows, though.

Yea, but he's on "the wrong side of right". Someone can be 100% right about something and still be wrong. If I hit a person in a
crosswalk with my car then I am wrong and they are right, but they are on "the wrong side of right".
-OldGuy 11/09/2006

I SUPPORT THE 1%. Without them, the rest of us are screwed.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Huge BLACK FRIDAY Sale starting at 12 am November 28th!
by JackieOF
11/24/14 08:28 PM
dave wnuck's mid-november new coin listing and newsletter
by michael
11/24/14 01:36 AM
Comics Marketplace
Marvel Preview #4 CGC 9.8 White Pages - Newly Added!!!
by MichaelB1973
11/26/14 12:33 AM
10 Mystery Boxes For Sale
by bubbagump
11/25/14 11:59 PM
Batman #47 Classic Cover & Story
by Westy Steve
11/25/14 11:43 PM
First Issues: X-Men, Silver Surfer & Iron Man In This Sundayís Auction
by HeritageComics
11/25/14 10:59 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing