• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

I've added a sweet bronze-age classic to my CAF. Maybe "added" is the wrong way to put it. This page was originally traded to me and a friend by the late Jeff Jatras at a Houston comic convention back in the mid 1980s. I regrettably sold it and shipped it off to somebody in Switzerland twenty years later. When it reappeared two weeks ago, for sale on Mike Burkey's site, Sean Lackey (My Name is Legion) alerted me to it, and in just over a week's time, it was back home.

Frank Brunner's "GOD" page from the final Dr. Strange issue of Marvel Premiere.

Brunner/Giordano Marvel Premiere 14

Gotta love old school Marvel Transformers cover art! This is Herb Trimpe's double cover for the Transformers Universe profile book featuring Optimus Prime versus Megatron!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=875502&GSub=125263

Bravo my friend. That was a well fought bidding war. It couldn't have gone to a bigger fan.

Here is a piece I commissioned last month from Francis Manapul. It would not fit on the scanner so the head looks cut off at the top. It is not cut off on my original. I posted a photo before and finally got around to scanning it.

flash_NEW.jpg

My "Submariner x 3" picture. The one in the center is the new page for me.

submarinerx3.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thanks Bill, now I just need to get off my lazy rear and get them framed !

I have a fair amount of art framed, but sometimes I regret it. It makes them less portable when going to geek sessions or conventions. But, I love having them on the wall in the comic room. Maybe I should look into some of those frames that work the way movie theater poster frames work. Easy to swap out hm

TickBBD.jpg

My first (but hopefully not last) Tick page by Eli 5 Stone. Not a huge acquisition, but definitely a fun little piece. Unfortunately, I had a Transformers page too, but it got damaged and I'm working with the seller towards a resolution.... :cry: