Page 36 of 914 « First<3435363738>Last »
Topic Options
#5563540 - 03/30/12 01:01 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Tuff Ghost]
umyeahwhatevers Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: don't worry about it...
For the bounty hunter I imagine Jason Statham.
Anyone get that?

#5563553 - 03/30/12 01:06 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Branget]
buddymagoo Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
 Originally Posted By: branget
It reads a little like it was told to a child. It does seem to follow the imagination of a child similar to axe cop.

I can't say I have read Axe cop, I started reading comics with the New 52. Now I understand what you mean though took me a while.

I look forward to seeing more of this guy too!

My Comic Art Fans gallery
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=141648

#5563561 - 03/30/12 01:08 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: umyeahwhatevers]
buddymagoo Offline

Originally Posted By: umyeahwhatevers
For the bounty hunter I imagine Jason Statham.
Anyone get that?

I'd say more like Dominic Purcell

#5563674 - 03/30/12 02:03 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: buddymagoo]
Awax Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Fire. Walk with me
 Originally Posted By: buddymagoo
lol

Ramble on!

I do like the idea that the story is being told through the memories of a child. It also fits with the one comment I received on the book which compared it to an adult Axe Cop.

The story is being told from the memory of an adult (Hazel) right? She talks about how she doesn't grow up to become "some great war hero" and that only one man managed to break her heart but then stops herself going into it.

A good twist is it will be her father that breaks her heart.

2 Live Crew

#5564703 - 03/30/12 11:18 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Awax]
Nico Esq Offline

Image made Saga issues 1, 2 and 3 fully returnable!

Rich (bleeding cool):Marvel and DC use a number of incentives, it seems, from partial returnability, to added discounts, to tiered variant covers. What can you do more to persuade retailers to stock these books in depth initially?

Eric Stephenson (executive/publisher): We do, Rich. We offer all kinds of incentives. Since the beginning of this year, retailers have been able to order the first three issues of a variety of our 2012 books and qualify for full returnability. We did that with Fatale, we did that with Saga, Thief of Thieves, Manhattan Projects… We’ve been offering added discounts for years, and good retailers definitely take advantage of those things.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/30/t...ge-selling-out/

#5564887 - 03/31/12 12:56 AM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Nico Esq]
Nico Esq Offline

One of the things that hasn't been discussed about the first issue is how funny it was. I thought that it was almost as funny as some of the hilarious Y the Last Man issues and almost every issue of Y the Last Man had great humor. This is one thing that I find that a lot of self important science fiction fails to do. Epic science fiction too often suffers from the writers laBKV ck of humor which I imagine is often a product of its own inflated sense of self importance. The TV head robot sex was hilarious. I thought this was an exceptional comic. It's genius was that there is emotional romance (romio/juliet), there's an intelligent political critique that is forming, there are very relatable characters with great dialogue, there's tv family drama in the characters which reminds me of Star Wars's Han Solo dialogue, then there's these amazing characters (the bounty hunter is just awesome) and I"m hooked. This is one of the few comics that I read that made me want to read the next book and the next ten after that. Plus Fiona Staples is perfect for this book. My only complaint is that she makes pages on her computer and I can't buy OA. I really like the comment above about Hazel's statement "only one man disappointed me." I hate to speculate about future plot developments after only a single issue, but in ligth of how BKV depicts family conflict, her father may be the one man who disappoints him. I have heard that BKV does not want this book to be a film or movie (I don't know if he's committed to that because of Hollywood's failure to transform Y the Last Man into a film or what, but I was sad about that. I think this would translate into an awesome TV series on Showtime or HBO, but I'm obviously way, way ahead of myself insofar as we've only had one issue to enjoy. It's a testament to the quality of the work that after reading one (extra large) issue you get a feeling of familiarity with characters that often takes 6-12 issues with a good or even some really good or great comics. Those are some of my thoughts. I'm probably going to read it again before the second issue comes out and that is not something I ever do.
#5565208 - 03/31/12 08:34 AM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Branget]
Ryanmassacre Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: 85% PA 15% CA
TV headed sex makes me not

best quote ever!!!!

#5565842 - 03/31/12 03:29 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Nico Esq]
buddymagoo Offline

Originally Posted By: Nico Esq
One of the things that hasn't been discussed about the first issue is how funny it was. I thought that it was almost as funny as some of the hilarious Y the Last Man issues and almost every issue of Y the Last Man had great humor. This is one thing that I find that a lot of self important science fiction fails to do. Epic science fiction too often suffers from the writers laBKV ck of humor which I imagine is often a product of its own inflated sense of self importance. The TV head robot sex was hilarious. I thought this was an exceptional comic. It's genius was that there is emotional romance (romio/juliet), there's an intelligent political critique that is forming, there are very relatable characters with great dialogue, there's tv family drama in the characters which reminds me of Star Wars's Han Solo dialogue, then there's these amazing characters (the bounty hunter is just awesome) and I"m hooked. This is one of the few comics that I read that made me want to read the next book and the next ten after that. Plus Fiona Staples is perfect for this book. My only complaint is that she makes pages on her computer and I can't buy OA. I really like the comment above about Hazel's statement "only one man disappointed me." I hate to speculate about future plot developments after only a single issue, but in ligth of how BKV depicts family conflict, her father may be the one man who disappoints him. I have heard that BKV does not want this book to be a film or movie (I don't know if he's committed to that because of Hollywood's failure to transform Y the Last Man into a film or what, but I was sad about that. I think this would translate into an awesome TV series on Showtime or HBO, but I'm obviously way, way ahead of myself insofar as we've only had one issue to enjoy. It's a testament to the quality of the work that after reading one (extra large) issue you get a feeling of familiarity with characters that often takes 6-12 issues with a good or even some really good or great comics. Those are some of my thoughts. I'm probably going to read it again before the second issue comes out and that is not something I ever do.

\(thumbs u

#5565859 - 03/31/12 03:39 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: buddymagoo]
Branget Offline

Branget: This is all fine and good but I'm at almost 18k posts and still no custom title. How do you explain that?

Arch: I guess I can't.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The placement is PERFECT!
My only conflict is whether I am more excited to read Saga or Chew. It's a personal problem which I need to deal with.

#5565861 - 03/31/12 03:40 PM Re: SAGA from Image Comics [Re: Ryanmassacre]
Branget Offline

Branget: This is all fine and good but I'm at almost 18k posts and still no custom title. How do you explain that?

Arch: I guess I can't.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The placement is PERFECT!
 Originally Posted By: Ryanmassacre
TV headed sex makes me not

best quote ever!!!!

Too bad it isn't my custom title.

Page 36 of 914 « First<3435363738>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH - 1843 MS64+ CAC quarter, 1824 AU53 half, doubled profile
by scubafuel
Yesterday at 07:17 PM
Auctioning Raw Rainbow toned ASE's on eBay started at .99c
by Doily
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
New coins @ kittlecoins.com: MS67+ Buffalo 5c, Toned Bust Halves, Commems & more
by illini420
09/19/14 09:06 PM
1837 Feuchtwanger 3c coin for sale at the Gettysburg Coin Show
by MICHAELDIXON
09/19/14 09:25 AM
Comics Marketplace
FS: Star Wars Rebel Heist 1-4 Complete Set (Reg/Var/Sketch)!
by projekt
22 minutes 55 seconds ago
DEADPOOL Galore!
by AGGIEZ
Today at 10:31 AM
silver f.s. fantasy masterpieces 2, mile high II
by Straw-Man
Today at 10:20 AM
Mal signature services - UK based.
by Garf
Today at 08:48 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.049 seconds in which 0.038 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles