• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

more tv headed sex i would guess..

Maybe they were the first people who discovered immortality? Which made them by default Royalty because they would be able to serve the longest. Maybe the TV head people uploaded there concious into that little TV/PC box then they would have to replace the host body when it begins to wilt. Maybe they have blank screens because they feel that their identity was lost over such a long period of time and replacing bodies that they would prefer to remain blanked faced. I dunno..... just ramblings of a madman.

Edited by buddymagoo

lol

Ramble on!

I do like the idea that the story is being told through the memories of a child. It also fits with the one comment I received on the book which compared it to an adult Axe Cop.

lol

Ramble on!

I do like the idea that the story is being told through the memories of a child. It also fits with the one comment I received on the book which compared it to an adult Axe Cop.

The story is being told from the memory of an adult (Hazel) right? She talks about how she doesn't grow up to become "some great war hero" and that only one man managed to break her heart but then stops herself going into it.

Edited by buddymagoo

It reads a little like it was told to a child. It does seem to follow the imagination of a child similar to axe cop.

I can't say I have read Axe cop, I started reading comics with the New 52. Now I understand what you mean though :facepalm: took me a while.

I look forward to seeing more of this guy too!

dbc81736750111e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

lol

Ramble on!

The story is being told from the memory of an adult (Hazel) right? She talks about how she doesn't grow up to become "some great war hero" and that only one man managed to break her heart but then stops herself going into it.

A good twist is it will be her father that breaks her heart.

Image made Saga issues 1, 2 and 3 fully returnable!

Rich (bleeding cool):Marvel and DC use a number of incentives, it seems, from partial returnability, to added discounts, to tiered variant covers. What can you do more to persuade retailers to stock these books in depth initially?

Eric Stephenson (executive/publisher): We do, Rich. We offer all kinds of incentives. Since the beginning of this year, retailers have been able to order the first three issues of a variety of our 2012 books and qualify for full returnability. We did that with Fatale, we did that with Saga, Thief of Thieves, Manhattan Projects… We’ve been offering added discounts for years, and good retailers definitely take advantage of those things.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/30/the-bleeding-i-talking-with-eric-stephenson-about-image-selling-out/

One of the things that hasn't been discussed about the first issue is how funny it was. I thought that it was almost as funny as some of the hilarious Y the Last Man issues and almost every issue of Y the Last Man had great humor. This is one thing that I find that a lot of self important science fiction fails to do. Epic science fiction too often suffers from the writers laBKV ck of humor which I imagine is often a product of its own inflated sense of self importance. The TV head robot sex was hilarious. I thought this was an exceptional comic. It's genius was that there is emotional romance (romio/juliet), there's an intelligent political critique that is forming, there are very relatable characters with great dialogue, there's tv family drama in the characters which reminds me of Star Wars's Han Solo dialogue, then there's these amazing characters (the bounty hunter is just awesome) and I"m hooked. This is one of the few comics that I read that made me want to read the next book and the next ten after that. Plus Fiona Staples is perfect for this book. My only complaint is that she makes pages on her computer and I can't buy OA. I really like the comment above about Hazel's statement "only one man disappointed me." I hate to speculate about future plot developments after only a single issue, but in ligth of how BKV depicts family conflict, her father may be the one man who disappoints him. I have heard that BKV does not want this book to be a film or movie (I don't know if he's committed to that because of Hollywood's failure to transform Y the Last Man into a film or what, but I was sad about that. I think this would translate into an awesome TV series on Showtime or HBO, but I'm obviously way, way ahead of myself insofar as we've only had one issue to enjoy. It's a testament to the quality of the work that after reading one (extra large) issue you get a feeling of familiarity with characters that often takes 6-12 issues with a good or even some really good or great comics. Those are some of my thoughts. I'm probably going to read it again before the second issue comes out and that is not something I ever do.

One of the things that hasn't been discussed about the first issue is how funny it was. I thought that it was almost as funny as some of the hilarious Y the Last Man issues and almost every issue of Y the Last Man had great humor. This is one thing that I find that a lot of self important science fiction fails to do. Epic science fiction too often suffers from the writers laBKV ck of humor which I imagine is often a product of its own inflated sense of self importance. The TV head robot sex was hilarious. I thought this was an exceptional comic. It's genius was that there is emotional romance (romio/juliet), there's an intelligent political critique that is forming, there are very relatable characters with great dialogue, there's tv family drama in the characters which reminds me of Star Wars's Han Solo dialogue, then there's these amazing characters (the bounty hunter is just awesome) and I"m hooked. This is one of the few comics that I read that made me want to read the next book and the next ten after that. Plus Fiona Staples is perfect for this book. My only complaint is that she makes pages on her computer and I can't buy OA. I really like the comment above about Hazel's statement "only one man disappointed me." I hate to speculate about future plot developments after only a single issue, but in ligth of how BKV depicts family conflict, her father may be the one man who disappoints him. I have heard that BKV does not want this book to be a film or movie (I don't know if he's committed to that because of Hollywood's failure to transform Y the Last Man into a film or what, but I was sad about that. I think this would translate into an awesome TV series on Showtime or HBO, but I'm obviously way, way ahead of myself insofar as we've only had one issue to enjoy. It's a testament to the quality of the work that after reading one (extra large) issue you get a feeling of familiarity with characters that often takes 6-12 issues with a good or even some really good or great comics. Those are some of my thoughts. I'm probably going to read it again before the second issue comes out and that is not something I ever do.

(thumbs u