• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

Around 3500 comics. I don`t have key issues, but all of my books are in complete or at least long runs. Just Bronze and Copper age with some modern comics.

Living in Eastern Europe doesn`t make collecting realy easy :pullhair:

Also if you know that you are the only person in the country which collect this kind of books is not a big incentive to throw big money on them. You have no chance to retrieive any funds if a hard times come, because there is no one which could buy them (shrug)

I currently have 306 comics. I collect keys mostly a trend my father started for me. At one time I had Daredevil #1-100 complete but have reduced it to only the key issues within that range. Thanks to my father my collection holds all but two books I really need to have: As of now I have the following

Amazing Fantasy #15

Showcase #4/#22

DareDevil #1

Amazing-Spiderman #1

Hulk #1

FF #1

X-Men #1

Flash #105

All-Star Comics #3/#7/#8

Green Lantern (GA) #1

Flash Comics #1

Batman #1

Action Comics #7/#10/#13

All-American Comics #16

Captain America Comics #1

More Fun Comics #52

I will continue to collect/search for my copies of Action #1/Superman #1/Tec 27 - Most the Silver Age I've aquired myself. The golden age comics I was given after I graduated from West Point. When I do acquire those three I will complete the goal then try and get down only to the 146 keys I want (143 owned already)

Wow (worship)

What grades are they?

Unfortanetely most are in the 3.0 - 4.5 range. I recently picked up a beater AF #15 but I'm currently in negotations w/Metro to acquire a 5.0. Until I became caretaker/owner they were all raw copies. I've been in the process of having them graded. These comics will never be sold and will be inherited by family members for them to enjoy as I am now.

Even at 3.5 - 4.0 grade that is still an AWESOME collection - (thumbs u

Thank you. My father told me when I was younger to give up collecting baseball cards and focus on comics. He said there was more money long term with comics - how very right he was. Of the 306, 180 are golden age keys, and 126 are silver and modern. It still amazes me to this day that I can open the Overstreet Guide up and know I own 86 of the top 100 golden age books all the modern and silver age.

I have been offer alot of money in the past couple of years for the collection. And everytime i say the same thing unless your my next of kin forget about it. My son who's six right now has no idea what his father and grandfather have for him.

:headbang:

Not only is that a great collection, but so is the story behind it. It's great that you see yourself as the custodian of the collection for future generations. If you do ever find the time, I'm sure we would all love to see pics. :applause:

My CGC collection is currently 1 comic and it arrived this morning! Was very excited, it's a JIM #83 graded 4.0. I bought it from tortoise on the boards and couldn't be happier. Many more to come!

My CGC collection is currently 1 comic and it arrived this morning! Was very excited, it's a JIM #83 graded 4.0. I bought it from tortoise on the boards and couldn't be happier. Many more to come!

Wow! Tortoise already sold his JIM 83? doh! Nice book to start your CGC collection with.

Wow! Tortoise already sold his JIM 83? doh! Nice book to start your CGC collection with.

That's a great book! Congrats! :applause:

That's a great book! Congrats! :applause:

Thanks Steve, it really is a great looking book and certainly a keeper for me

I think my collection is upwards of 60000 with probably about 25000 duplicates.

99% of my collection is raw and I like it that way, as I do like to read them aswell.

I am pretty much complete with Marvel maybe need 50 issues or so.

I have most Marvel keys some in great condition and some not so good.

DC, I am complete from about 1958 on, ( again except for about 50 issues ) with most titles that I want to collect and working backover on the impossible task.

Other companies I have in varing amounts, some titles complete some not.

I could definitly do with some upgrades as I went for quantity over quality, back in the day.

99% of my collection is raw and I like it that way, as I do like to read them aswell.

DC, I am complete from about 1958 on, ( again except for about 50 issues ) with most titles that I want to collect and working backover on the impossible task.

I could definitly do with some upgrades as I went for quantity over quality, back in the day.

Would love to see that! :applause:

Would love to see that! :applause:

I would love to show it, but its where to start ?

Maybe take some pics of your comic room/collection.

There's a nice thread for that in Comics General.

I'm looking forward to see it!

Finally got around to it. Sorry for the wait guys.

Here is my room.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5599813#Post5599813

Guest Grails
Last time I posted here I was at around 500 books but I've been slowly moving them to fund OA purchases. I'm under 100 now.

Found my old post from three years ago. I've been down to ten slabbed books and about 25 raw for a while.