• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

I"m not very experienced in getting things CGC'd. So if I got it signed by Tony and then lets say wanted Kirkman to sign it at another show, I would have to get it cracked open at the show with CGC witness and then resub it? If that's the case I might just wait until I can afford to go to a show that has both Tony and Kirkman at the same time.

I'll take my big WD omnibus for Tony to sign :D See if I can win one of those sketch spots. Lots of cool people coming to CalgaryExpo like Pia Guerra and Fiona Staples!

I don't know if the smoke has cleared but you could be waiting a long time to get Kirkman and Moore in the same building at one time. And even if you did, there is no guarantees either one would sign a book just after the other signed it.

Ugh I know, at the very least we know they won't be sitting near each other anytime soon lol. Gotta get these sigs in before the restraining orders come out lol

I'm sure it's going to work out but it could be rocky for a few. I'm just glad I got mine before everything got wild.

hah probably not...bet he doesn't get a chance to put it in his pocket before his wife grabs it.

(tsk) Kara is super nice and she gets a bad rap because she is a business women

i thought all wives snatch the money before it hits the wallet...mine does :gossip:

Edited by krighton

I have said it before and will say it again in case it was missed, Tony will sign Walking Dead books like he always has no matter who else has signed the book and I am sure it is the other way around.

Let's not start a rumor (even though I know you aren't lol) that he is not signing them. He is.

hah probably not...bet he doesn't get a chance to put it in his pocket before his wife grabs it.

(tsk) Kara is super nice and she gets a bad rap because she is a business women

i thought all wives snatch the money before it hits the wallet...mine does :gossip:

that is why you have to hide a little from the wife :makepoint:

TWD n00b question:

Are Walking Dead Weekly books considered 2nd printings or reprints? Or something else entirely? I'm guessing they are considered reprints. But, not sure how others view them.

For instance, if a person can't afford a copy of #19, and they opt to buy a Walking Dead Weekly #19, is TWDW the next available book (in terms of chronological printing order) - or is there something else out there?

TWD n00b question:

Are Walking Dead Weekly books considered 2nd printings or reprints? Or something else entirely? I'm guessing they are considered reprints. But, not sure how others view them.

For instance, if a person can't afford a copy of #19, and they opt to buy a Walking Dead Weekly #19, is TWDW the next available book (in terms of chronological printing order) - or is there something else out there?

i think they're considered reprints as their barcode number scheme ends with a 1...if they were 2nd printing i would think they would have dropped the Weekly all together and just added a 2 at the end of the barcode.

i haven't seen anyone selling them as 2nd printings.

Edited by krighton

TWD n00b question:

i think they're considered reprints as their barcode number scheme ends with a 1...if they were 2nd printing i would think they would have dropped the Weekly all together and just added a 2 at the end of the barcode.

i haven't seen anyone selling them as 2nd printings.

(thumbs u They are reprints of the original run. I've never opened one to see the inside, but my guess would be that the only differences would be ads and the "Weekly" added to the cover.

Issue one also has the Image Firsts reprint, which preceeded the Weekly series, although they are three different print dates on the Image Firsts #1. For the really hot, key issues of 19 and 27, the Weekly would be the only reprint available ;)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/27/the-gospel-according-to-the-walking-dead-eccc-exclusive/

Oh damnnnn

Need to find someone going to ECCC now! Looks like it will be glued binding from the picture which might not be the best for such a large book but we'll see. Very cool anyways, especially the gold leaf :)

Edited by Tuff Ghost