• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Wow, very nice, sweet pickups! They're both cover quality. If anything, the interior is bolder than the cover.

Thanks! The interior is getting about twice the comments as the cover so your point is a good one. Part of that is the fact that the scan of the cover is tough to really pick up Carlo's pencils. The inked page really does pop. I was happy to be able to acquire such great examples of both penciled and inked Carlo pages. Thanks again for your comment.

What do you do when you probably won't get the original and the artist (Frank Miller) doesn't sketch?

You get another published page that is an homage to the scene you want!

I'm talking about the scene from Frank Miller's Elektra Saga where she has to climb a cliff.

I didn't know it, but the series by Mike Deodato has a scene that pays homage to it, so I bought the page when I saw it!

link to CAF

Thanks for hearing me blather and looking!

Malvin

I won't have it in hand for another month or so, but here it is:

QeenSonja31.jpg

He's quickly made it 'round the top of my favourite artist list!

Holy cow, that's great work

When you get it can you post a larger scan here?

I'll see what I can do - will have to settle for photos though.

Yes, methinks it will be worth the wait... I will have to make sure I get a copy of this issue when it comes out in May!

Picked up 22 pages from a favorite series of mine today. Spent close to 3 years trying to get this deal done and today I finally have the pages in hand :whee:

Will be uploading them to MY CAF as I get them scanned, but here is the first page :cloud9:

That is a sweet page. :headbang:

Edited by james_c

It's amazing that you've found as much as your have Terry. Congrats.

Thanks . . . currently following two more leads, watch this space!

Arrived this morning, another complete two-page episode from this fondly-remembered (UK) storyline from the long-running 1965 Kelly's Eye strip . . .

003.jpg

004.jpg

I'm now at 25 pages, out of a total 48, which puts me over the half-way mark on trying to piece-together as much of this story as I can find.

Currently checking-out another lead, so the hunt continues . . .

NOTE; The whole storyline can be read (sequentially) in my CAF gallery, as I've included copies of the missing pages (scanned from the comic-books) as addional images.

This week I got 6 new pages from the big event of 1998! DC 1,000,000.

I always liked this series a lot, it's celebrates what is great about comics. So many crossovers are about destroying "things" or people dieing. This was just a big adventure with big ideas. A lot of people beat up on Val Semekis art, but I thought he did a great job on this series.

As always comments are welcome!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=128403

Thanks,

Pete