Page 5 of 15 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#5591863 - 04/11/12 04:31 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: dooly]
dooly Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Northumberland UK
Another BIN i found last night .. and the seller has just taken my offer on it .. poor picture but has possabilitys and no picture of the reverse

http://www.northumberlandcollectables.com/

There is no such thing as a lucky person only a person who looks !

#5612293 - 04/19/12 11:08 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: dooly]
dooly Offline

Not a lot happening this week with my shield acquisitions .. still waiting on two from the USA .. but did pick this 67 from UK ebay for little money

sellers pictures

My pictures

nothing special but a nice one .. lets hope I do better next week

#5612298 - 04/19/12 11:11 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: dooly]
CyberspaceVoid Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Texas and other furrin places
Dooly, are you trying to corner the Shield Nickel market? lol
(I do agree they are an undervalued series \:\) )

#5612319 - 04/19/12 11:22 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: CyberspaceVoid]
dooly Offline

Originally Posted By: CyberspaceVoid
Dooly, are you trying to corner the Shield Nickel market? lol
(I do agree they are an undervalued series \:\) )

I think the saying is get them when there on the bottom .. I wonder how many people wish they had picked there Favorited ones up when they were less in favour

#5624783 - 04/24/12 10:38 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: dooly]
dooly Offline

Hi got one of the coins from the us today .. posted on the 11th .. Bit slow eh!

It is a 1869 wide date with a IIb reverse

and this is what i saw in the sellers picture.. as far as i can tell the 18 of the date is re-punched to the north with the top of the showing and possibly the base of the 1 showing on both sides on the shank (picture not showing the left hand side very well)
I have been through Fletcher and cannot find anything on this coin .. F-102 has a north RP on the 18 but the top of the 8 is not as near to the ball .. F-108 has almost an identical die crack through the 8-6-9 as mine but RP on this one is 69 south.. So in conclusion and up for discussion here is ?? have i Cherrypicked a unrecorded RPD from Ebay ? or is there some other answer to this coin

Die crack markers in blue (I can find no die cracks on the reverse)

The only marker i can find on the reverse is ? Die polishing marks to the bottom (marked in yellow) and a very thin to the C almost like the so called "rat tail"

#5627315 - 04/25/12 04:43 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: dooly]
dooly Offline

Picked another up this morning in the uk .. love the sideways photos .. lol

seems to have a lot of full stars to the reverse lets see

#5627317 - 04/25/12 04:48 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: dooly]
dooly Offline

Originally Posted By: dooly
Another BIN i found last night .. and the seller has just taken my offer on it .. poor picture but has possabilitys and no picture of the reverse

UPDATE: well what a hassle this one has been .. seller took my offer on this one then told me that they refused to send it over the pond to me !

nicely a forum member offered to have it sent to them in the US and now i have heard it was posted this morning so should be with me sooooooon!!

they said it looked ok .. which was nice, things us collectors will do to acquire a coin eh!

#5632871 - 04/27/12 09:35 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: dooly]
dooly Offline

Originally Posted By: dooly
Picked another up this morning in the uk .. love the sideways photos .. lol

seems to have a lot of full stars to the reverse lets see

Well this one came supper quick this morning 5* to the seller .. and you guessed it it's a Cherry

my picture

the cherry is a RPD on the 2 in a north direction

the closest i can find is F-14 but that is punched on the 8 & 2 and is further away from the ball .. so another unlisted one ? we will see

Obverse Die markers for this RPD are die cracks marked in blue

Reverse Die markers are .. Die cracks marked in blue and Rim cud marked in red

#5635267 - 04/28/12 02:44 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: dooly]
skippy Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

That's a nice find. As far as I can tell from your photos, this variety has not been listed anywhere yet.

#5635298 - 04/28/12 03:50 AM Re: Whats going on with shield nickels ? [Re: skippy]
dooly Offline

thanks Howard .. thats what i love about this series theres always the chance of finding something new

Page 5 of 15 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Budget Kitchens London
by rakpenak
10:57 PM
WTB: Junk Silver
by ChasingKingKirby
10:54 AM
New @ kittlecoins.com - Type Coins; Lovett Tokens; Copper Wilson Dollar; Commems
by illini420
10/29/14 10:08 PM
PROOF 70 COINS FOR SALE
by wmfielding
10/28/14 09:58 AM
Comics Marketplace
Thrilling Adventures in Stamps #8 Overstreet "Very Rare"
by Dr. Love
Guardians of the Galaxy, Bettie Page, The Walking Dead, prints, & more on Ebay
by FAKadar
07:13 PM
Signed MARVEL VS DC Trading Cards - JUST THE GOOD STUFF
by Revat
06:05 PM
McFarlane ASM lot!
by sakaridis
05:54 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.