Page 9 of 12 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#5546014 - 03/22/12 10:03 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: mikenyc]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm busy interneting.
 Originally Posted By: mikenyc
 Originally Posted By: VintageComics
Forgive me for being new to this.

Was it proven that these guys were trying to hurt anyone?

Yes through testimony of teammates and admission by the coach who, as of now, has a permanent suspension.

In that case they should be banned permanently and in my opinion prosecuted under criminal law.

Screw all those guys who make a living by hurting others on purpose.

You don't get a free pass in real life and they shouldn't get any sort of a pass in sports.

It takes a real scumbag to collude and premeditate to hurt someone. A small wrist slap isn't going to change the way this type of person reasons.

This goes far beyond just accepting the risks that come with the job.

F 'em.

\(thumbs u

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#5546038 - 03/22/12 10:13 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: VintageComics]
Crazy_Horse Offline

I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: TJ's nightmare
The "gangsta" culture has replaced sportsmanship in the NBA and NFL. I'm sure the coach will be paying for this long after his year suspension. IF he even comes back. Perhaps what goes around comes around and someone will put a bounty on him. I don't think he would like that very much.

Being a Dad........A son's first hero and a daughter's first love.....

#5546238 - 03/22/12 11:38 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: chrisco37]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong
 Originally Posted By: chrisco37
 Originally Posted By: Transplant
Now the question becomes, will Payton still be the coach of the team once the suspension is served?

I think he'll be replaced.
Hahaha. This is a joke, right?

No. I'm serious.

Despite everything he's done for the team (making the Saints relevant, winning the SB, etc...), I'd be surprisd if they don't try and distance themselves from him.

It will be hard to run an organization with no head coach for a year. This won't just set them back for this season. This will have a big ripple effect on the team.

When is the suspension officially over? Is it when the Saints play their last game (if it's regular season or playoff)? Or is it a different time?

Do you really think that with no contact allowed, he can just jump right back in and set the direction of the team for the 2013 season? Is there enough time to play that much catch-up to be prepared for the 2013 draft? The 2013 FA period?

There is no way NO releases Payton or lets him leave. In the grand scheme of things that can tarnish reputations, I think permitting bounties ranks pretty low on the public outrage scale. For example, I don't see sponsors terminating their deals with NO or the NFL because of it. So I don't see Payton being viewed as tainted goods. Hell, even Michael Vick, who DID do something that was very high on the public outrage scale, was welcomed back with open arms once he showed he could throw a round oval object pretty well and win games.

In any event, besides the fact that he's won a Superbowl for them, turned them into perennial contenders and been the most successful coach in their history, it's not like there are a bunch of quality replacements that are easily available.

They will suck it up for a year, hoping that his coaching staff is strong enough to hold things together in his absence.

#5546246 - 03/22/12 11:41 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: tth2]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: tth2

In the grand scheme of things that can tarnish reputations, I think permitting bounties ranks pretty low on the public outrage scale.

Yeah, putting hits on people is not nearly as bad as dog fights.

That is an unfortunately telling sign of the state of our society.

doh\!

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

#5546272 - 03/22/12 11:52 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: chrisco37]
FFB Offline

At long last I feel regular.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Transplant
Now the question becomes, will Payton still be the coach of the team once the suspension is served?

I think he'll be replaced.
Hahaha. This is a joke, right?

No. I'm serious.

Despite everything he's done for the team (making the Saints relevant, winning the SB, etc...), I'd be surprisd if they don't try and distance themselves from him.

It will be hard to run an organization with no head coach for a year. This won't just set them back for this season. This will have a big ripple effect on the team.

When is the suspension officially over? Is it when the Saints play their last game (if it's regular season or playoff)? Or is it a different time?

Do you really think that with no contact allowed, he can just jump right back in and set the direction of the team for the 2013 season? Is there enough time to play that much catch-up to be prepared for the 2013 draft? The 2013 FA period?

I think they'll hire a 1-year interim coach. Payton has been way too successful and the people of New Orleans would riot if the team fired Payton. Plus, the owners love Sean Payton.

#5546297 - 03/23/12 12:12 AM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: Crazy_Horse]
Transplant Offline

WARNING!!! This member is passive aggressive. Please beware of sharp fingernails.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ellen James Society
 Originally Posted By: the_Thing
The "gangsta" culture has replaced sportsmanship in the NBA and NFL. I'm sure the coach will be paying for this long after his year suspension. IF he even comes back. Perhaps what goes around comes around and someone will put a bounty on him. I don't think he would like that very much.
You should really use your limited posts to talk about something you know. Payton didnt start or run the program. Why would a player come after him? Why a player who's on a team that likely has exactly the same type of program, come after him?

"I am shocked. Shocked to find out gambling is going on in here."

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."
Charles Bukowski

GACollectibles: It seems very....passive aggressive.
DrWatson: I have known him several years and I can say with some absurdness that there isn't anything passive about him.

Passive Aggressive spite posting like a B0$$, since 2007.

#5546405 - 03/23/12 02:56 AM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: VintageComics]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong

In the grand scheme of things that can tarnish reputations, I think permitting bounties ranks pretty low on the public outrage scale.

doh\!

I don't think it was just putting on dog fights, it was the fact that underperforming dogs would be killed, and Vick may have been personally involved in killing a few dogs, that caused the outrage.

And no, I personally don't rank bounties as high on the outrage scale as systematically killing dogs.

Anyways, aren't you Canadian? Your national sport is built on thugs whose only job in life is to make illegal hits as retribution for illegal hits to the thug's star teammate. You think when an NHL coach puts one of the goons on the ice he's giving him instructions on plays to run? The only instruction he's giving is "go take out that so-and-so who just cheap shotted [fill in name of star player]."

Edited by tth2 (03/23/12 02:59 AM)

#5546520 - 03/23/12 07:48 AM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: tth2]
fantastic_four Offline

Just far far too long without a custom title. Really. Seriously now. 2002?

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: betwixt Virginia and Asgard
And no, I personally don't rank bounties as high on the outrage scale as systematically killing dogs.

+1

#5546612 - 03/23/12 09:03 AM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: tth2]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

doh\!

I don't think it was just putting on dog fights, it was the fact that underperforming dogs would be killed, and Vick may have been personally involved in killing a few dogs, that caused the outrage.

Anyways, aren't you Canadian? Your national sport is built on thugs whose only job in life is to make illegal hits as retribution for illegal hits to the thug's star teammate. You think when an NHL coach puts one of the goons on the ice he's giving him instructions on plays to run? The only instruction he's giving is "go take out that so-and-so who just cheap shotted [fill in name of star player]."

You're from Hong Kong. Does that make you a triad member?

It's all wrong, regardless of which country is involved.

Hockey used to be a sport based on speed and finesse. So did basketball. Bringing thuggery into sports is a bad sign of the times. It seems to be inherent with large money, big shoulder pads, etc.

#5546622 - 03/23/12 09:10 AM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: VintageComics]
fantastic_four Offline

Just far far too long without a custom title. Really. Seriously now. 2002?

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: betwixt Virginia and Asgard
Hockey used to be a sport based on speed and finesse. So did basketball.

Basketball still is.

Page 9 of 12 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
GreatCollections - Today - 1000s of Listings - Fast Shipping - Lowest Fees
by ianrussell
05:50 PM
Gold and Silver Certificate for Sale
by Ugakoivet
08:01 AM
WTB; PCGS/NGC Mercury dimes 1929 PDS through 1945 PDS
by cucamongacoin
02:17 AM
Silver Eagle, Maple 1oz, Shield Nickel, 3 Cent, Seated Liberty Quarts &
by FlipofaCoin
10:06 PM
Comics Marketplace
1 DAY AUCTION: FF #52 (1ST BLACK PANTHER) COVERLESS & X-MEN #14 COVER ONLY
by Cosmic Boy
The "Pay for a new tattoo without angering the spouse" thread
by DavidTheDavid
2 slabs FS Wolverine Origins 10 retalier incentive & Hit Girl 1 SS
by sd2416
06:37 PM
SS CELEBS AND MORE, FRESH FROM CGC!
by Jason Truong
05:20 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.