Page 11 of 12 « First<89101112>
Topic Options
#5570563 - 04/02/12 05:49 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: MrBedrock]
mrwoogieman Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: THE LOST LAND
Players' Association retains outside criminal defense counsel in light of ongoing probe into Saints bounty program:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-155246283.html

#5571784 - 04/03/12 08:55 AM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: mrwoogieman]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm busy interneting.
 Originally Posted By: mrwoogieman
Players' Association retains outside criminal defense counsel in light of ongoing probe into Saints bounty program:

Boom.

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#5571857 - 04/03/12 09:45 AM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: VintageComics]
comix4fun Offline

This is one of the rare times that having no friends works in my favor.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Under The Serious Moonlight
 Originally Posted By: VintageComics
 Originally Posted By: mrwoogieman

Boom.

Most likely it won't come to charges.

However, from a strategic perspective, the specter of criminal charges would mean that counsel would advIse them to exercise their right against self incriminaction and thus stymie the nfl investigation before they can gather enough direct evidence to suspend players.

I think this is a precaution to prevent anything potentially actionable from making the record.

"That's my secret.....I'm always angry."

"I wake up in the morning and I *spoon* excellence. I am just a big, hairy, American, winning machine."

#5583951 - 04/07/12 04:53 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: MrBedrock]
Spiderman-on-Tilt Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: San Diego, CA
I see though a growing trend by a lot of ex-players saying these kind of pre-game locker room talks are happen all the time. The only thing most players say they had a problem with was the ACL comment against Crabtree.

I will say hearing the def coordinator saying over and over again "head", "head," was just priceless against their case to appeal.

However since the Saints defense is garbage can they really hit hard anyway? \(shrug\)

I think if we heard Ray Lewis's pre-game speech it would make the Saint's speech look like they are friends with 49ers.

Football is a violent sport so for anyone to think the Saints are somehow the only team to do this kind of activity is a joke.

What is more of a joke is Payton and their assistant coach's comments that they told the Def Coordinator to stop it and he is a rogue coach. lol Right..........Right the other two were the good guys.

I would love for the Eagles to hire the ex-def coordinator of the Saints.

I miss the bounty bowl against the Cowboys with Buddy Ryan.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt (04/07/12 04:55 PM)

#5584229 - 04/07/12 06:55 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: Spiderman-on-Tilt]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Up your kilt with a wire brush...
 Originally Posted By: Spiderman-on-Tilt
I see though a growing trend by a lot of ex-players saying these kind of pre-game locker room talks are happen all the time. The only thing most players say they had a problem with was the ACL comment against Crabtree.

I will say hearing the def coordinator saying over and over again "head", "head," was just priceless against their case to appeal.

However since the Saints defense is garbage can they really hit hard anyway? \(shrug\)

I think if we heard Ray Lewis's pre-game speech it would make the Saint's speech look like they are friends with 49ers.

Football is a violent sport so for anyone to think the Saints are somehow the only team to do this kind of activity is a joke.

What is more of a joke is Payton and their assistant coach's comments that they told the Def Coordinator to stop it and he is a rogue coach. lol Right..........Right the other two were the good guys.

STOPPPPPPP!!
I agree with SOT
Check out my Kudos thread!
am looking for the following:

#5584326 - 04/07/12 07:54 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: arexcrooke]
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: arexcrooke
 Originally Posted By: Spiderman-on-Tilt

STOPPPPPPP!!
I agree with SOT

We have agreed many times you know.

#5584439 - 04/07/12 09:04 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: Spiderman-on-Tilt]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Up your kilt with a wire brush...
Yes I do
Check out my Kudos thread!
am looking for the following:

#5586442 - 04/08/12 08:43 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: arexcrooke]
Calamerica Offline

CAL who talks about himself in the third person alot

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ruining the CGC Forums... HaH...
Just my 2c:

1) The NFL is run by the 32 Owners. Period. The NFL votes on rule changes, and they surprised the world with their " QB in the "grasp" rule, but I can't recall the exact year it was put in the "rule book"; nevertheless the rule was created by the OWNERS to protect their biggest investment( $$$), the QB. Face it, folks, the QB is the usual franchise player that is going to win you the right amount of games to get to the tournament.

2) QB Jim McMahon was slam-dunked smackdown WWF style by that lineman, I think it was a Green Bay Packer DE, and I believe he was kicked out for life, as McMahon was re-injured for the remainder of that season.

3) There was an unfortunate incident, many years ago, Oakland raiders FS Jack Tatum "clothlined" New England's WR Darryl Stingley IN A FREAKIN' PRE-SEASON GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stingley was forever confined to a wheelchair, and tatum was "revered" by the Oakland fanatics. wtf I say to that!!!

4) Circa 1980, the Atlanta Falcons had a QB named Steve Bartkowski. He was caught in a "situation" with at least two other teammates in the "shower incident". This was squashed as quick as possible, but the Head Coach, Leeman Bennett's GRANDMOTHER was living in the Wash DC area, and could not resist telling the story. She was quickly dismissed as a 96-year old gossiper, but no one could explain the IMMEDIATE benching of Bartkowski and the Falcons turned in their Injury and Starter reports by the deadline Thursday Noon EST. The other "unnamed" players were not punished, but it was surmised that they were not key players, only the QB was the "face" of the franchise at that time. That Sunday the backup QB started, played, and the Falcons lost to an opponent that was an opening 12 point dog, and the Vegas books took the game off the boards quietly Saturday morning. Had this happened today, no one would have said a word. The HC would have laughed it off. Bartkowski's carreer was doomed after that.

5) HC Barry Switzer was caught attempting to board a flight with a handgun. Owner Jerry ( Jerk) Jones bought Switzers' free get-out-of-jail card. Never missed a check, or a day with the team. wtf I say!

6) The QB Vick situation has already been discussed here, but I will NEVER root for him I don't care what the situation is. I already threw out his rookie cards in the trash and I don't ever want to make one cent off that criminal. I deliberately skip PHI games on my cards so I won't ever benefit from him. I WILL bet against the Eagles, and made good coin when the Pack beat them in that playoff game two years ago. Vick should not have been re-instated, but the good thing is that let him play, he is a football player, and staying employed might keep him from being around other doggies. If he can't work, he WOULD return to crime. Don't you DARE call me racist. If you do, I can name other criminals with any ethnicity you want that WILL return to crime if they can't work.

Now to this sticky NEW ORLEANS SAINTS' situation.

First, the Commissioner Goddall has had ANOTHER incident to deal with the Saints, regarding the immediate termination without cause of their Chief of Security. That man, I can't recall his name but will look it up later, was FIRED because the Assistant coaches AND CERTAIN PLAYERS kept taking "medicines" out of the medicine closets and not paying/signing for them. GM Mickey Loomis fired the man immediately. The Security man went to the owner, Mr. Tom Benson, and Benson would not see him. Then the man goes to the media, and next thing, the HC Payton's name is thrown in the muck bowl. Benson whips out his checkbook( no ordinary feat), and the former Chief of Security is no more, but is enjoying a great retirement. As this was "settled", Commish Goodall did not take action,but DID serve notice to HC Payton.

This current topic has many people divided. Two camps: the camp that thinks that the Saints are getting a raw deal, and the others who believe in the integrity of the game. Period. Me? I stand for the integrity of the game. That integrity does NOT call for the deliberate harming of your opponents. This is a game, a sport, not a war. There is an eerie similarity of the same attitude shared by the camp that is crying foul: most of the ones crying foul are against the war in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc, but it is okay to "take out" your own countrymen in a game, be it hockey, basketball, or football.

A Bounty program that Asst C Williams ADMITTED TO does not promote good sportsmanship for our youths learning the sport now, and does not represent the NFL well at all. Commissioner Goodall is within his jurisdiction to mete out a punishment to send the message loud and clear to the NFL if he catches you compromising the integrity of the game. I think that he did not go FAR enough.

HC Payton, of COURSE he knew what went on.remember, HC Payton paid Williams out
of his own salary the first year because Owner Benson did not want to pay an assistant HC 250,0000 per year. Don't tell me that Payton did not know how Williams operated.

Goodall sent a message to Belichick re: Spygate, and trust me, NE was NOT the only one that does this. This incident hurt the snitch Eric Mangini more than Belichick, as Mangini used his insider knowledge when he was with NE. I don't think Mangini is currently employed by the NFL.

The point is this: Goodall does NOT care what OTHERS did, are doing, if he catches YOU with the knife in your hand, you are guilty, and YOU will get penalized. Nothing wrong with that. Oakland Raiders and Eagles doing a similar Bounty program? They will get busted.

The Saints now? They are trying to get Parcells, 71, to come out of retirement, but no word as of yet. The Saints slapped the franchise tag on Brees, so he won't jump the sinking stinking ship in the Bayou. But next year Brees is gone.

Life is not fair. Coaching IS a very important part in the NFL, the ultimate team sport. Look for the Saints to finish 3rd out of the 4 places in the NFC South. Carolina has improved, the Falcons are already built, and the Bucs has the raw, young talent to compete in any game. Out of the 4 teams, the Saints has the WORST D, and without Williams, the chinks in what armour they had WILL be exposed.

Two great football movies I recommend: North Dallas Forty, and the Invincibles.

Goodall? The BEST Commissioner the NFL ever had.

CAL the NFL fan...

#5626157 - 04/24/12 07:39 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: mrwoogieman]
TOTAL NEWBIE

Is it just me or is Roger Goodell really trying to make the NFL a two-hand touch league.

Sorry, but this whole New Orleans Saints investigation is just going over the top now.

This latest story with the wire taps The Patriots cheated for probably years before they got caught, and the NFL did squat, but now they are reaching for new stories with the Saints.

From Espn.com:

NEW ORLEANS -- A joint Louisiana state police and FBI task force is investigating allegations that the New Orleans Saints set up general manager Mickey Loomis' booth in the Superdome so he could listen in on opposing coaches.

State police Col. Mike Edmonson confirmed the joint effort Tuesday after discussing the matter with Dave Welker, special agent in charge at the FBI's New Orleans field office.

really....really the FBI, Police, and a joint investigation is now getting involved?

Way to spend tax payers money US government on dumb cases.... doh\!

This is totally embarrassing......football is becoming totally lame.

What is next the NFL and FBI will send in undercover football players to set-up a sting bust in prep rallies before each game.

My god I am starting to completely reverse my initial reaction to the New Saints, and all this BS overblown scandals. Buddy Ryan for god sakes did a Troy Aikman bounty bowl back in the early 1990's (BTW I am proud of that). Can you imagine what would have happened to the Eagle's team if that happened today by that pansy Goodell's little girl standards.

I mean in the 2012 season are all NFL coaches now supposed to just say before the game, "Ok guys lets hit them in a nice way so you won't hurt them, but hey lets win the game as well."

Sorry, but for me the Saints and their coaches did nothing that hasn't been said in the lockers rooms privately as well as side bets for the past 50 years.

If I was a defensive coordinator I would have to assume then that Goodell would have had me thrown in jail since my pre-game speeches would make the Saint's recorded one seem like peace treaty.

If Goodell wants players to feel safe then to tell to play that pansy sport called basketball.

NFL really is becoming the No Fun League.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt (04/24/12 07:41 PM)

#5626174 - 04/24/12 07:48 PM Re: The NFL loses their mind - Sean Payton suspended a year [Re: Calamerica]
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Calamerica

Now to this sticky NEW ORLEANS SAINTS' situation.

First, the Commissioner Goddall has had ANOTHER incident to deal with the Saints, regarding the immediate termination without cause of their Chief of Security. That man, I can't recall his name but will look it up later, was FIRED because the Assistant coaches AND CERTAIN PLAYERS kept taking "medicines" out of the medicine closets and not paying/signing for them. GM Mickey Loomis fired the man immediately. The Security man went to the owner, Mr. Tom Benson, and Benson would not see him. Then the man goes to the media, and next thing, the HC Payton's name is thrown in the muck bowl. Benson whips out his checkbook( no ordinary feat), and the former Chief of Security is no more, but is enjoying a great retirement. As this was "settled", Commish Goodall did not take action,but DID serve notice to HC Payton.

This current topic has many people divided. Two camps: the camp that thinks that the Saints are getting a raw deal, and the others who believe in the integrity of the game. Period. Me? I stand for the integrity of the game. That integrity does NOT call for the deliberate harming of your opponents. This is a game, a sport, not a war. There is an eerie similarity of the same attitude shared by the camp that is crying foul: most of the ones crying foul are against the war in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc, but it is okay to "take out" your own countrymen in a game, be it hockey, basketball, or football.

A Bounty program that Asst C Williams ADMITTED TO does not promote good sportsmanship for our youths learning the sport now, and does not represent the NFL well at all. Commissioner Goodall is within his jurisdiction to mete out a punishment to send the message loud and clear to the NFL if he catches you compromising the integrity of the game. I think that he did not go FAR enough.

HC Payton, of COURSE he knew what went on.remember, HC Payton paid Williams out
of his own salary the first year because Owner Benson did not want to pay an assistant HC 250,0000 per year. Don't tell me that Payton did not know how Williams operated.

Goodall sent a message to Belichick re: Spygate, and trust me, NE was NOT the only one that does this. This incident hurt the snitch Eric Mangini more than Belichick, as Mangini used his insider knowledge when he was with NE. I don't think Mangini is currently employed by the NFL.

The point is this: Goodall does NOT care what OTHERS did, are doing, if he catches YOU with the knife in your hand, you are guilty, and YOU will get penalized. Nothing wrong with that. Oakland Raiders and Eagles doing a similar Bounty program? They will get busted.

The Saints now? They are trying to get Parcells, 71, to come out of retirement, but no word as of yet. The Saints slapped the franchise tag on Brees, so he won't jump the sinking stinking ship in the Bayou. But next year Brees is gone.

Life is not fair. Coaching IS a very important part in the NFL, the ultimate team sport. Look for the Saints to finish 3rd out of the 4 places in the NFC South. Carolina has improved, the Falcons are already built, and the Bucs has the raw, young talent to compete in any game. Out of the 4 teams, the Saints has the WORST D, and without Williams, the chinks in what armour they had WILL be exposed.

Two great football movies I recommend: North Dallas Forty, and the Invincibles.

Goodall? The BEST Commissioner the NFL ever had.

CAL the NFL fan...

Have to disagree as Goodell is more of a d-bag than Ben Bernanke.

The No Fun League is in full effect with this pansy commissioner.

Trust me go to any NFL locker room and it will mirror the Saints scandal 100%.

Page 11 of 12 « First<89101112>

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: Canada 1936 $ NGC MS64 @ Christmas Gift price. SOLD
by agentjim007
05:39 PM
Any Macau / Japan paper money for sale?
by Beebeepan
03:27 AM
Looking to buy and sell confederate notes
by aps
10:12 PM
Christmas slab sale
by rons
03:51 PM
Comics Marketplace
2ND, 3RD, 4TH & 5TH APPEARANCES OF ANIMAL MAN ! $100 BUCKS SHIPPED USA
by Bio-Rupp
05:09 PM
Uncanny X-Men Lot $3 per issue plus shipping
by TICTICBOOM
05:08 PM
1st Appearance and Origin of Deathstroke !!! No Reserve!
by jchuchu
04:59 PM
17 Marvel Value Stamps FREE to a good home.
by Gatchaman
04:56 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.034 seconds in which 0.018 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.