• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

i'll be surprised if my auction turns out well. Got another email asking why does the back cover reference 2011 if the comic came out in 2003.

It says WEEKLY, big difference from the original. Wonder if other people selling this are having the same problem.

I emailed the top 2 bidders making sure they know that this is not the 2003 original. I'm hoping some people are smart enough to know the difference.

doh!

Edited by krighton

I wouldn't say it's nuts to list them for a bin. I recently sold a set of weeklies for a bin that I was totally fine with. I still think branget is right about the first rule of speculation being you don't talk about it. I've certainly been reaping some benefits of the popularity of certain comic titles right now, but I feel like numbers can sometimes over step the seller's eyes. The big guys at the top don't divulge their interests and strategies for a reason.

I really think that there is an unhealthy amount of speculation about the series right now and certain issues of the wd are selling for unreasonable prices. Good for sellers, but will the prices still hold? Do people really think a raw copy of issue 27 is worth 100 bucks? I say its close to 20k print says otherwise.

Auctions are only for the hottest of hot books period. I will BIN all day long otherwise.

I will make slight change to the rule. You dont talk about it until you have sold all your copies and cant find anymore. (thumbs u

i'll be surprised if my auction turns out well. Got another email asking why does the back cover reference 2011 if the comic came out in 2003.

It says WEEKLY, big difference from the original. Wonder if other people selling this are having the same problem.

I emailed the top 2 bidders making sure they know that this is not the 2003 original. I'm hoping some people are smart enough to know the difference.

doh!

You better put reprint in your description somewhere or you open yourself up to headaches.

And paying me instantly. :)

You have established a very good rep. You are to modern age to what Gator is to golden age when it comes to comic book dealers.

(thumbs u

Gator is the jonjesper of Moderns...

Manufactured collectible

Can't wait for my copy at KC! Nice job!!!!!

blah, winning bidder thought he got the original 2003 TWD #1 for $81.00

unbelieveable.

offered to refund him $10 and a free comic for the confusion

doh!:tonofbricks: Damned noobs to comics! You're a good man to offer a discount on final price.

And paying me instantly. :)

You have established a very good rep. You are to modern age to what Gator is to golden age when it comes to comic book dealers.

(thumbs u

Well thanks! I try. :)

It is that kind of analysis that has me thinking about selling my multi-signed 19 and 27. I don't want to, but I feel like a bad capitalist if I don't.

Multi-signed? PM me if you ever want to move that 27