Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5536771 - 03/19/12 12:12 PM TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake
ComicsNYC22 Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

I'm not usually one of those people that gets uptight about origin shifts and continuity, but this is kind of drastic, no?

TMNT to get new origina in Michael Bay reboot

Aliens? C'mon...

“These turtles [in the reboot] are from an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable.”

Kudos Thread

CAF Gallery

#5536775 - 03/19/12 12:15 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: ComicsNYC22]
johnshabrock Offline
Collector is an understatement.

so what you are saying is, michael bay has already screwed it up, and he hasn't even shot a scene yet?

#5536777 - 03/19/12 12:17 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: ComicsNYC22]
MagnusX Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Gru's lab

Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles... Eh...!

I smell failure.

Rules for collecting:

# 14.
When I purchase a book I have to consider;
When the time come to sell,
Do I will have a gain, lose money or get even?

#5536787 - 03/19/12 12:21 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: MagnusX]
valiantman Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Feeding the bottomless longbox...
 Originally Posted By: MagnusX
Teenage Alien Intergalactic Ninja Turtles...

Fixed that for you... check out the acronym.

#5536867 - 03/19/12 12:55 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: valiantman]
shadroch Online   happy
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Jet Blue Flight 711
The true origin was such an infringement on Marvels rights that they would have put a stop to it if they ever dreamed it would amount to anything.
A truck carrying radio-active waste hurtles thru the streets and a blind man walks into its path, only to be pushed aside at the last moment by a young boy who is struck in the face by a cannister.....
Stick- Splinter
Hand- Foot.

How far do you think this project would get today ?
Marvel took Dave Sim to task for using the Moon-Roach and Wolver-Roach,. How they allowed this escapes me.

Edited by shadroch (03/19/12 01:02 PM)

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master.

“The key is getting our land back from the feds. And here’s my plan of attack. The three best men for the mission are myself as governor, because I’ve got a master’s in raising hell. ... Here’s my plan of attack, OK? You go in there and you use spiritual warfare. Everybody talks about the natural, but I want to talk about the other realm we exist in. You bind those evil spirits that are behind the feds with the blood of Jesus, the name of Jesus and the power of entombment of the Holy Spirit, the power of agreement, the word of God. Take air superiority and then roll in with your tanks on your ground….Blitzkrieg!

#5536887 - 03/19/12 01:04 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: shadroch]
PeasOfCrap Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: AKA Yo Mama
He should just change it from turtles to hamsters.

Market research from pets stores show hamsters outsell turtles 8 to 1 thus translating box office dollars growth over a bajillion dollars.

#5536903 - 03/19/12 01:11 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: shadroch]
Ares Offline

FORUM CRIER

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: shadroch
The true origin was such an infringement on Marvels rights that they would have put a stop to it if they ever dreamed it would amount to anything.
A truck carrying radio-active waste hurtles thru the streets and a blind man walks into its path, only to be pushed aside at the last moment by a young boy who is struck in the face by a cannister.....
Stick- Splinter
Hand- Foot.

How far do you think this project would get today ?
Marvel took Dave Sim to task for using the Moon-Roach and Wolver-Roach,. How they allowed this escapes me.

How is this an infringement.. I don't see it

Marvel Never sued over wolveroach they just sent a letter and it never went further
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/01/20/comic-book-legends-revealed-350/

#5536920 - 03/19/12 01:20 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: PeasOfCrap]
Logan510 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicago, IL
 Originally Posted By: PeasOfCrap
He should just change it from turtles to hamsters.

Market research from pets stores show hamsters outsell turtles 8 to 1 thus translating box office dollars growth over a bajillion dollars.

hm

#5536924 - 03/19/12 01:22 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: Logan510]
dscott Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Tennessee

ComicSketchArt.com | My Caf

#5536933 - 03/19/12 01:24 PM Re: TMNT to get new origin in Michael Bay remake [Re: Ares]
shadroch Online   happy
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Jet Blue Flight 711
I never said they sued him. I said they took him to task. Their lawyers sent a Cease and Desist letter and Sim stopped using the character so no lawsuit was needed.

DC Comics won lawsuits agianst both Captain Marvel and Wonder-Man for copyright infringement. Neither was anything near what Eastman and Laird did with the Turtles. Thats why even they toned down the origin story as the books got popular.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master.

“The key is getting our land back from the feds. And here’s my plan of attack. The three best men for the mission are myself as governor, because I’ve got a master’s in raising hell. ... Here’s my plan of attack, OK? You go in there and you use spiritual warfare. Everybody talks about the natural, but I want to talk about the other realm we exist in. You bind those evil spirits that are behind the feds with the blood of Jesus, the name of Jesus and the power of entombment of the Holy Spirit, the power of agreement, the word of God. Take air superiority and then roll in with your tanks on your ground….Blitzkrieg!

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, nmp, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH - many items, classic, modern, bullion; need to sell, please make offers! :)
by Epiphyte Coins
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
FS: 20 1964 Canadian Silver Dollars.
by agentjim007
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
coins for sale the first of many to come
by wmfielding
Yesterday at 06:23 PM
World Coins for Sale / Updated: 30 July 2014
by brg5658
Yesterday at 01:16 PM
Comics Marketplace
Some Lots/Runs FS. Cleaning out the collection!
by Tamwood
10 minutes 50 seconds ago
Marvel Super-Heroes 12 CGC 8.0 (First Appearance of Captain Mar-Vell)
by jjfversion1
Today at 01:57 AM
East of West #1 Forbidden Planet CGC SS 9.8 Signed by Hickman & Dragotta + more!
by ryan_klubeck
Today at 12:35 AM
One Day Sale.. Graham Nolan Joker and Kelley Jones Bane sketch
by bcphillips119
Today at 12:03 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum Aspen Titles