• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

I agree. I will go point by point tonight to respond to questions - all who have questions feel free to post so I can answer one at a time and not in the huge quote things.

So I will be looking forward to your questions right here tonight -

Will you now?

Will you really??

waiting-1.jpg

Odd that Dale was so interested in answering our questions here and then disappeared just when it looked like they were going to get answered.

I wonder why he hasn't had time in the last few WEEKS to post a single actual documented recipient of the donations he accepted on behalf of "the kids" but he's had the time to post several times DAILY on other social media sites.

Anyone have any hypotheses as to why that might be?

http://www.facebook.com/Ultron.666?sk=wall

Some interesting info popped up on Comics General today, and it directly relates to the questions we asked and the *cough* "answers" we have gotten so far.

First the question and answers from earlier:

Next up...you can't control what "sponsors" sell online? Heidi Spidey is just a "sponsor"

Yes Heidi Spidey chooses to donate to Comics4Kids and our combined efforts knowing there is no personal gain for her at this time.

Even though it's clear this is where you sell all your items and the "about me" is ALL ABOUT YOU, and that when you click on the hotlink under any of the scans of the books at the top of that page it takes you to YOUR myspace page, let's take a look at that claim that it's a "sponsor's" doing, and you have no control.

No one uses myspace that is a data storage only

Heidi Spidey is a "sponsor" now? totally out of your control? Has nothing to do with you other than being a "sponsor"?

She's not your girlfriend/fiance/significant other?

[b]I am in a relationship (sorry to disappoint, guys) ~ Those posters are not mine. Clearly adult items cannot be passed on to the kids. Some have trememndous secondary value. Items sold to raise money to buy applicable comics for kids. eBay members have to be 18 to bid. eBay also censors anything illegal. There is no complicity heading into actual Comics4Kids literature or daily business. [/b]

Easy question Dale. Really easy.

What paypal account(s) were used to gather and accept cash donations from the named business and corporate sponsors for the WW New Orleans Convention?

Not sure, I still say my year by year suggestion was best. :whistle:

I've pasted Chunky Butt's nomination of acroyals below - maybe if there's no objection to his nomination you can add this guy to your PL update. It seems like a pretty straightforward nomination & since the guy only popped in for a four day visit it makes sense to put him on in case he reappears.

The discussion thread is not allowing me to post.

So I post it here.

Acroyals PM'd me in my last sales thread and wanted to buy all of my x-men books, through CGC board PM's back and forth he ended up requesting about 100 books total.

He then asked if paypal would work? I responded in 3min with my addy and have never heard from him again.

I am not really concerned if he is on the list or not, he probably will never return to these boards.

Just wanted to warn others as to not have their time wasted if he returns.

So I wonder what the new Probation thread plan is.

hm

Is there a plan?

How do we know the other thread wasn't locked accidentily? No explanation was given.

What's the capital of Nevada?

Do you think Arch bumps into walls all day long because he's perpetually facepalming at our antics?

Why hasn't the brand new day of the Caltopia dawned on us yet?

Jeffro - asking questions.

So I wonder what the new Probation thread plan is.

hm

Is there a plan?

How do we know the other thread wasn't locked accidentily? No explanation was given.

What's the capital of Nevada?

Do you think Arch bumps into walls all day long because he's perpetually facepalming at our antics?

Why hasn't the brand new day of the Caltopia dawned on us yet?

Jeffro - asking questions.

Your questions are, as always, compelling and deep. I, too, look forward to the dawn of Caltopia and ponder its delay.

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but I'm not sure where to post it. In my sales thread, I can't edit the first few posts anymore. I was able to edit them a few times (changing headlines, book prices), but now I can't do anything other than 'reply' etc.

However, I can still edit some of my later posts. Is there a limit to how many times you can edit a post? Or is there a limit to how long of a period of time can pass between edits?

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but I'm not sure where to post it. In my sales thread, I can't edit the first few posts anymore. I was able to edit them a few times (changing headlines, book prices), but now I can't do anything other than 'reply' etc.

However, I can still edit some of my later posts. Is there a limit to how many times you can edit a post? Or is there a limit to how long of a period of time can pass between edits?

Yep. I believe it's two weeks. Once a post hits the 14 day mark, it's uneditable.

Yep. I believe it's two weeks. Once a post hits the 14 day mark, it's uneditable.

Thanks! (thumbs u

So I have a question about what is appropriate to ask about pricing via pm. Generally speaking if I'm comfortable to make an offer up to 20% below ask and negotiate from there. Often I'll just take a book at ask if the deal is good but sometimes I'm just a little below what seller has posted and so will make an offer via PM.

BUT what is the etiquette when my research and comfort level indicates the ask is potentially waay high (like 2x or more)? Is it ok to pm such an offer? I know the forum rules state you should post a price you will sell at and I don't want to insult the seller.

In the case where the seller says they will send it to ebay is it ok then to try and save them some fees and pm what seems a most likely on eBay even if it is well below ask or to let it roll to eBay and then bid there?

Make an offer for whatever you think is fair. If the seller takes offense, that's pretty silly. I'd recommend not saying "Dude, you're asking way too much! Let me do you a favor and give you a reasonable, 50% offer!!!" But that's common sense.

If you feel like GPA backs up your offer, go ahead and quote it. Where's the harm?

Edited by Speedy-D

There's always the oversolicitous school of approach.

Ex. One might politely notice that the price seems to be much higher than current trends and ask if there is something about the book that you are overlooking in this assessment. :foryou:

The seller might then provide pertinent and unexpected information :blush:or might reflect upon how his/her price is too high :sick:or thank you for your polite question and then tell you to go away because they can sell the book for whatever they want. :sumo:

I was wondering how long the wait is usually when selling an item that the buyer has to pay? Just curious I have around 700$ worth of books that someone stamped an :takeit: to in one of my threads and through PMs. They told me they would probably make payment this past Monday they didn't. I haven't heard from them in two days and I contacted them both via PM on here and through their eBay store.

I'm new to selling in here obviously and wanted to get some advice on if I really had to wait a full month before canceling the sale.

Thanks,

Doug

Relax, people have other things going on besides the boards. Kids, jobs, boozing, vacations. Give it a little while before you call out the floating head of death. lol

Relax, people have other things going on besides the boards. Kids, jobs, boozing, vacations. Give it a little while before you call out the floating head of death. lol

Yea I get that aspect which is usually fine. I don't mind to wait a week or more if a person let's me know. I guess it's more the aspect that I was told Monday and I haven't heard from them since. It's the lack of communication that bothers me.

I know what you mean, it only takes a minute to let someone know what's going on but that's just not the case all the time. Life gets in the way, and thing's come up. I have several regular buyers that take around a week to even read my invoice before contacting me. Could be they're job or whatever. (shrug)