So I have a question about what is appropriate to ask about pricing via pm. Generally speaking if I'm comfortable to make an offer up to 20% below ask and negotiate from there. Often I'll just take a book at ask if the deal is good but sometimes I'm just a little below what seller has posted and so will make an offer via PM.
BUT what is the etiquette when my research and comfort level indicates the ask is potentially waay high (like 2x or more)? Is it ok to pm such an offer? I know the forum rules state you should post a price you will sell at and I don't want to insult the seller.
In the case where the seller says they will send it to ebay is it ok then to try and save them some fees and pm what seems a most likely on eBay even if it is well below ask or to let it roll to eBay and then bid there?
Make an offer for whatever you think is fair. If the seller takes offense, that's pretty silly. I'd recommend not saying "Dude, you're asking way too much! Let me do you a favor and give you a reasonable, 50% offer!!!" But that's common sense.
If you feel like GPA backs up your offer, go ahead and quote it. Where's the harm?
"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased." - Alexander Hamilton
#5535498 - 03/18/1208:28 PMRe: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.
Loc: Small Town Ontario
There's always the oversolicitous school of approach.
Ex. One might politely notice that the price seems to be much higher than current trends and ask if there is something about the book that you are overlooking in this assessment.
The seller might then provide pertinent and unexpected information or might reflect upon how his/her price is too high or thank you for your polite question and then tell you to go away because they can sell the book for whatever they want.
I try to imagine my collection as what could sit on the bookcase shelves of a slightly compulsive teenage boy who collects every Marvel, circa Christmas 1965. The collection would sit in neat piles beside a ball glove and an Aurora model of the Mummy.
I was wondering how long the wait is usually when selling an item that the buyer has to pay? Just curious I have around 700$ worth of books that someone stamped an to in one of my threads and through PMs. They told me they would probably make payment this past Monday they didn't. I haven't heard from them in two days and I contacted them both via PM on here and through their eBay store.
I'm new to selling in here obviously and wanted to get some advice on if I really had to wait a full month before canceling the sale.
Relax, people have other things going on besides the boards. Kids, jobs, boozing, vacations. Give it a little while before you call out the floating head of death.
Yea I get that aspect which is usually fine. I don't mind to wait a week or more if a person let's me know. I guess it's more the aspect that I was told Monday and I haven't heard from them since. It's the lack of communication that bothers me.
Loc: Survived the Krell Brain Boost
I know what you mean, it only takes a minute to let someone know what's going on but that's just not the case all the time. Life gets in the way, and thing's come up. I have several regular buyers that take around a week to even read my invoice before contacting me. Could be they're job or whatever.