• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

I'm working on the whole series and am missing issues throughout, but recently finished this run of the first ten. There's some low grade copies here and even if I might upgrade some at some point, I'm still stoked.

Bro those are COOLLLLLLLLL!!!! I have not even seen some of those covers before. Congrats! Great run! :applause:

Thanks! Droom is probably my favorite cover, and was the toughest to come by in decent shape. I stupidly passed up an affordable, presentable copy years ago at the LCS because of cover edge tanning. Or at least initially passed it up; after I changed my mind and went back it had sold. Anyways, the majority of others I came across since then were mostly butt-rags.

"The Thing on Bald Mountain" is probably my favorite story. There's no gore, but it seems more like an early 50s or even pre-code Ditko story than your typical TTA monster romp.

DROOM makes a great cover. Although I would have rather have seen DROOM crushing jets, I guess that would have been too much for the Comics Code of that era.

TTA_09.jpg

Killer collection of stuff! Nice representation across the main silver-age titles. (thumbs u

But where are the DC war books?????

I just worked my way through A-Z and tried to cover DC, Marvel, Gold Key & Charlton.

Next time I am off work I will do some war books.

Killer collection of stuff! Nice representation across the main silver-age titles. (thumbs u

But where are the DC war books?????

I just worked my way through A-Z and tried to cover DC, Marvel, Gold Key & Charlton.

Next time I am off work I will do some war books.

:applause: