Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#5516209 - 03/11/12 09:06 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: FIREFLY]
BeerThirty Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: San Francisco, CA
 Originally Posted By: FIREFLY
 Originally Posted By: BeerThirty
Finally caught up and have nothing to add to Julio's discourse. Julio- thanks for some well written thoughts.

I actually like the monthly angle of Fatale. I read issue 3 and then immediately wish that I had a copy or 1 & 2 to read! I'll grab some late prints soon to re-read. To me, that's what great writing does- it makes you pay attention and re-examine what was written before. There are no wasted scenes or throw away lines (unlike, say, 70% of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" novel).

I may share more later, but I don't know what I have to contribute. Again, great write up, Julio.

Ryan

Hopefully other readers can catch something that I've missed. Even their take on what's happened so far would be cool. Otherwise, I feel like I'm just summarizing instead of having a "discussion". \(thumbs u

Hmm... Here are some questions to ponder:

1) What was the point of Jo going back to Fresno (if you're from Cali, you may ask why anyone would go to Fresno in the first place)? It seems odd that she'd show up, tell a guy to kill himself and then just leave. It doesn't even seem like she was looking for something. I'm hoping Mr. Brubaker makes some sense of this soon.

2) I remember Jo saying something in issue 1 about men being so dumb and not being able to help themselves. Isn't this kind of unfair considering that SHE'S A FRACKING JEDI?

#5516211 - 03/11/12 09:07 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: FIREFLY]
BeerThirty Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Finally caught up and have nothing to add to Julio's discourse. Julio- thanks for some well written thoughts.

I actually like the monthly angle of Fatale. I read issue 3 and then immediately wish that I had a copy or 1 & 2 to read! I'll grab some late prints soon to re-read. To me, that's what great writing does- it makes you pay attention and re-examine what was written before. There are no wasted scenes or throw away lines (unlike, say, 70% of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" novel).

I may share more later, but I don't know what I have to contribute. Again, great write up, Julio.

Ryan

Hopefully other readers can catch something that I've missed. Even their take on what's happened so far would be cool. Otherwise, I feel like I'm just summarizing instead of having a "discussion". \(thumbs u

Also, your summaries are really useful for me as a reader because you've caught some great details that I missed. Thank you again.

#5516899 - 03/12/12 02:24 AM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: BeerThirty]
FIREFLY Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: SLO, Califas

Ryan

Hmm... Here are some questions to ponder:

1) What was the point of Jo going back to Fresno (if you're from Cali, you may ask why anyone would go to Fresno in the first place)? It seems odd that she'd show up, tell a guy to kill himself and then just leave. It doesn't even seem like she was looking for something. I'm hoping Mr. Brubaker makes some sense of this soon.

2) I remember Jo saying something in issue 1 about men being so dumb and not being able to help themselves. Isn't this kind of unfair considering that SHE'S A FRACKING JEDI?

1. lol Fresno smells good in the summer.
I don't think it was out of the blue. If you remember, she burns the house down so I'm thinking that was her purpose there. It was the first place she died at, but I wonder what the significance was of burning the house. The guy that offed himself noticed her previously in downtown and knew where she was going. Her beau was just bait. That's cold, man.

2. Haven't seen it work on the goons.

#5517034 - 03/12/12 08:43 AM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: FIREFLY]
krighton Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ohio
surprised she hasn't tried a

"she's not the Fatale you're looking for"

maybe the place she dies holds a certain power over her so she has to destroy it.

Edited by krighton (03/12/12 08:44 AM)

#5517243 - 03/12/12 10:42 AM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: krighton]
FIREFLY Offline

Originally Posted By: krighton
surprised she hasn't tried a

"she's not the Fatale you're looking for"

maybe the place she dies holds a certain power over her so she has to destroy it.

hm

#5531218 - 03/17/12 02:50 AM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: FIREFLY]
FIREFLY Offline

Ran across this as I was viewing one of my most favorite singers. Reminded me of Jo.

#5560229 - 03/29/12 12:59 AM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: FIREFLY]
FIREFLY Offline

One more week for Fatale #4.
#5575071 - 04/04/12 03:13 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: BeerThirty]
krighton Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

well i was right about why she burned down the house....great issue.
#5576261 - 04/04/12 09:33 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: krighton]
FIREFLY Offline

Well that was a frakin' awesome issue! I was wondering whose blood that was the goon was tasting on the cover this whole time.

Seriously, i was hoping that the whole baby thing wasn't going to be presented like that...but it was. At least no pics else I would've had to sit down for a moment and shake it off. Dang, Brubaker!

So I guess Jo was in love with Walt then. I want more history on that. I'm sure he was there when it all first started so what the hec happened? And what the hec does she want? A talisman? A key?

The whole Walt history really gave me a little compassion for him. Jeez. Imagine growing up like that. Can't figure out what movie that reminds me of...seeing things like that on a different plane. Poor kid. \:\(

As for Hank, man I could almost feel him wanting that warmth, that feeling that only Jo could provide. Freakin's has me hypnotized as well.

Bye, bye, Walt.

#5576331 - 04/04/12 09:58 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: FIREFLY]
krighton Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Walt became 100% more interesting of a character. Can't remember and not reading back through all the books. Is this Mr. Bishops first app.

Edited by krighton (04/04/12 09:58 PM)

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
New coins @ kittlecoins.com: MS67+ Buffalo 5c, Toned Bust Halves, Commems & more
by illini420
09:06 PM
1837 Feuchtwanger 3c coin for sale at the Gettysburg Coin Show
by MICHAELDIXON
09:25 AM
FS: 1936 & 1938 uncirculated Canadian Dollars.
by agentjim007
09/18/14 10:44 PM
1966 Doubled Die Half Dollar. NGC 67 Cameo
by planman2014
09/18/14 08:32 PM
Comics Marketplace
X-Men #94 VG+/F for Sale - SOLD
by Pinky Lee Zepplin
11:46 PM
Sketches, MODERN CGC SS, OFG, MISC
by Jimmy Linguini
11:26 PM
Thor #251 Page #2 by Big John Buscema $750
by cgcworld
10:59 PM
The Current Mega Key Contender - Gray Suit/Gray Skin and All - CGC 4.5 Cr/Ow
by Nikelspot
10:30 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum IDW Publishing