Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5503942 - 03/07/12 12:57 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: FIREFLY]
krighton Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ohio
Fatale 3 is really interesting.

Best one yet imo. Starts to hit its groove.

Warning, Spoiler:
Hokey smokes, she's a Jedi Knight!!!

also he states in the back of the book that it was originally going to run for 12 issues and he doesn't consider it a miniseries or a regular series but an epic. Right now it's slotted for 15 issues and may grow to more as it evolves.

Edited by krighton (03/07/12 01:08 PM)

#5507831 - 03/08/12 05:10 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: BeerThirty]
TOTAL NEWBIE

wow day after a new fatale book and no one has read it yet.

#5508056 - 03/08/12 06:08 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: krighton]
BeerThirty Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Sorry, dude. Haven't had time to get to my LCS. I hope to on Sunday or Monday. Will be up for chatting then.

#5508311 - 03/08/12 07:53 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: BeerThirty]
TOTAL NEWBIE

k, thought you'd fallen off the bandwagon. I may re-read the series, i think i glossed over some parts.

#5508493 - 03/08/12 08:43 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: krighton]
BeerThirty Offline

No way I fell off the bandwagon. I really enjoy the read. I'm just not good about getting to my LCS on Wednesdays. I should be able to get to the shop on Sunday or Monday. Glad that you're still along for the ride too!

#5508503 - 03/08/12 08:46 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: BeerThirty]
TOTAL NEWBIE

yep yep, i'll be here till they lock the door behind me. Hopefully it lasts longer than 15 issues.

#5508519 - 03/08/12 08:48 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: krighton]
BeerThirty Offline

I'm just wondering where Julio is....

#5508681 - 03/08/12 09:30 PM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: BeerThirty]
TOTAL NEWBIE

recovering from the Expo

#5509298 - 03/09/12 03:31 AM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: krighton]
FIREFLY Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: SLO, Califas
lol indeed.

Been very busy with packing for both peeps on here and feebay sales, work, family, etc. I was hoping to find others having chimed in on the story.

Don't read on, Ryan. ;\)

Read #3 yesterday. I was reminded of little things here and there in prior issues. Nice touch on the Jedi tag, krighton. lol Spoilers are not needed. If you notice in issue 1, Chapter 1, "She didn't know how it worked, but eye contact seemed to be a part of it." Did you catch how Nicolas felt "dumbstruck"? Or how she avoided glances at the bar? Or how the landlord gave her the key so easily? Interestingly enough, could it be that the beauty cover trances people into buying it at high prices? lol

I didn't see the symbol in this issue. Re-read #2 as well. Did anyone notice how Walt hid his precious items (including pics of Jo)? The symbol was on top of the board covering the secret spot. More evidence as to the theory that the symbol protects against evil.

Another thing I noticed is that it keeps taking blood to conjure up the evil. An observation regarding the goons: I don't think they are what is represented on the #1 B cover. I think Cover B may be portraying the Bishop, which I think was a question previously made. In #1, Jo shot and killed one of the two that went to Hank's home. One of the frames showed his blood being splattered when shot by Jo. Then in another frame, he is shown partially on the floor in a pool of blood. The second one I assume was the one flying the plane kamikaze style attempting to kill Jo and Nicolas. He died as well. They don't seem immortal. And even if they were, why would they be carrying shotguns to kill Nicolas?

I was sort of glad to not see what the Bishop had done to Sylvia and the baby. That would have been a little too much for me. Apparently, it was too much for Nicolas that he tried to run on a phantom leg. I thought it was interesting as well that Hank was married, had a baby on the way, and was a professional journalist all before the age of 24. And he wrote "The Losing Side of Eternity" at age 25, one year after first meeting Jo. She can seemingly have any guy, but she keeps getting involved with those that can serve her the best. What the hec is she? She made it clear, though...the Bishop is not the only one of his kind.

For me, this book is getting better and better. Looking forward to reading more. I dislike that it's a monthly, though. There's one thing that keeps tugging at me. The monster on cover B. Why does he have a gun? And is it the Bishop...or is it "Mayday"? hm

#5509356 - 03/09/12 07:38 AM Re: Fatale Discussion Forum: With Spoilers [Re: FIREFLY]
TOTAL NEWBIE

this seems to be the year of the Owl...Batman & Fatale both heavily into the bird. I think the book hit 2nd gear with this issue, was able to 'get into it' more than the first two for some reason. Maybe just the natural progression of the story.

Edited by krighton (03/09/12 07:40 AM)

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, eerb0803 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Book/Auction Catalog give-away...sort of
by jom
12:33 PM
WTB: 2009 Ultra High Relief Gold Eagle
by Proudtoown
09:34 PM
FS: NGC MS64BN Civil war token.
by agentjim007
03:39 PM
1 cent Morgans also halves and quarters!
by AstroTrain
03:21 PM
Comics Marketplace
FS/FT Amazing Fantasy #15 3.0 w/amateur CT
by Hulksdaddy1
26 Bronze ASMs priced to move!!
by Jordysnordy
Lone Ranger Comics # 1 1939 Icream Mail Away comic on eBay now....
by CopperAgeKids
07:11 PM
X-Force #2 / 2nd Appearance of Deadpool - 5 Copies $25 Shipped USA OBO CLOSED
by faster friends
06:42 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles