• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

I bought this today and it was the only comic I bought. I was drawn to the subject because I am an ex history teacher. I dont honestly know what to make of it yet. I enjoyed the historical aspect and loved the fact that the project is much more then just the atomic bomb. I am definetly onboard for issue 2, but man what a wild few of Oppenheimer.

one of my customers worked on the manhattan project in ohio. pretty interesting fellow. He's in his early 90s though you couldn't tell. Must have got a dose of gamma rays.

Edited by krighton

This one shocked me. I was disturbed, but I can't wait for more.
Have you ever read anything by Garth Ennis?

Now his works are disturbing, this not so much. (shrug)

This one shocked me. I was disturbed, but I can't wait for more.
Have you ever read anything by Garth Ennis?

Now his works are disturbing, this not so much. (shrug)

Ennis is disturbing like Howard Stern on meth ... MP is disturbing the same way Steven King is disturbing. I agree that the Boys is way, way further out there than anything else I've read. I can't get over how good MP was ... I have high expectations for future issues and I really look forward to reading his portrayal of Einstein.

Haven't read it yet, but Nick Pitarra was signing last night at Austin Books (I think he's a local guy). He had the original art for I think the first 3 issues and there was some great stuff in there. He was very nice and was doing head sketches on the covers for people who wanted them. Very personable guy and it was neat to hear stories of how it's going to go with Hickman and this book and particular. He said this would be an ongoing title, so hopefully it's good for the long haul. And I wish I had inquired about availability of the OA. Probably more than I wanted to spend, but should've asked.

One thing he mentioned was a new guy named Aaron Kuder (http://aaronkuder.daportfolio.com/) who has the same look of being heavily influenced by Darrow and Quitely. His stuff looks even more detailed than Pitarra's, but not quite as maniacal as Darrow (as if). He said he's got a few things published from smaller houses, with a fill-in issue coming out soon from DC (Legion Lost #7, IIRC) and then he's going to be on a regular book TBA. Nick said Kuder is their go-to for a fill-ijn artist on MP if they need one, and if he's still available. It all looks good.

Image announced there will be a 2nd and 3rd printing of issue 1.

THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS the newest Image Comics series by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Pitarra also has a first issue that is receiving a third printing after orders for its second printing surpassed the print run. A story in the print and online versions of USA Today and rave reviews accompanied the series debut on March 7.

“The Manhattan Projects is off to a tremendous start, one of the big concept author’s strongest, most inventive opening chapters,” wrote Paul Montgomery in his review at iFanboy.

THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS creates an alternate reality where the real-life project to develop the atomic bomb is just a front to hide far more bizarre government programs. The creative team of Hickman and Pitarra previously collaborated on THE RED WING, also published by Image Comics.

THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #1′s second printing will be on sale on April 4, with the third printing (FEB128156) following on April 18. THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #2 will be in stores on April 11.