• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Hell Yeah #1

Story by:Joe KeatingeArt By:Andre Szymanowicz

Price:$2.99Diamond ID:JAN120501On Sale:March 07, 2012Series:Hell Yeah

THE LAST GENERATION OF HEROES IS HERE!

Twenty years ago, the first-ever superheroes debuted without warning and forever altered our global culture! Now, the generation born in their wake fight to claim their place in a world evolved beyond them! Written by Eisner & Harvey award-winner JOE KEATINGE and illustrated by ELEPHANTMEN and POPGUN's ANDRE SZYMANOWICZ, HELL YEAH combines the over-the-top excitement of the original Image Comics launch with modern, innovative storytelling. It all begins with a giant-sized first issue containing a full thirty-two pages of story with no ads for the regular price of just $2.99!

Do you know what I'm looking forward to reading? Saga.

doh!

I thought it was funny that there was "controversy" over the breast feeding picture. I know some people take exception to the use of birth control, but comics usually don't have to worry about being PC or that kind of nonsense.

Hell Yeah #1

Twenty years ago, the first-ever superheroes debuted without warning and forever altered our global culture! Now, the generation born in their wake fight to claim their place in a world evolved beyond them! Written by Eisner & Harvey award-winner JOE KEATINGE and illustrated by ELEPHANTMEN and POPGUN's ANDRE SZYMANOWICZ, HELL YEAH combines the over-the-top excitement of the original Image Comics launch with modern, innovative storytelling. It all begins with a giant-sized first issue containing a full thirty-two pages of story with no ads for the regular price of just $2.99!

Just looked at a preview and the art's not doing it for me.

Do you know what I'm looking forward to reading? Saga.

doh!

I thought it was funny that there was "controversy" over the breast feeding picture. I know some people take exception to the use of birth control, but comics usually don't have to worry about being PC or that kind of nonsense.

Oh brother :facepalm:

There is nothing wrong with a woman nursing her child. Have we become so dissossociated from nature that we can only see feeding our children baby formula imported from China?

AMC actually had an issue with prolifers over the Plan B pills Lori used in an attempt to abort her child....speaking up comics and birth control.

Hell Yeah #1

Just looked at a preview and the art's not doing it for me.

Same. Concept is good. Previewed art... not so much. :facepalm:

Saga on the other hand! :banana:

still wonder why you can get ex machina for dirt cheap...maybe saga will spark interest in it.

It'll spark interest in the trades, but I still don't think it will do anything for the singles. The first few Y singles are pricey because BKV was a relative unknown at the time and Y #1 was published at perhaps the lowest point of the direct market in terms of overall comic sales, meaning it was severely under ordered. By the time Ex Machina came out, everyone knew who BKV was and the market was in a better place.