Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#5503495 - 03/07/12 09:45 AM Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!!
drenok Offline
Learning the Ropes

Is it just me or has the market for Warren Magazines (Creepy, Vampirella, Eerie, etc.) been heating up as of late??? It seems that there is a new group, or generation of collectors that are showing interest in these classic horror mags. Thus, pushing the market.

Last night on ComicLink, Creepy #17 cgc 9.6 double cover went for $650.00 at auction. I know the highest and the best always command very high prices. However, I was shocked when I saw $650.00 for that book. I think its great and I hope the momentum continues.

If values keep increasing, we will probably see more mid to high number copies get slabbed and that will be good for everyone.

Dave K.

#5503504 - 03/07/12 09:49 AM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: drenok]
Mike's Rack Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Peoria, AZ
I've noticed this too. I sold a full run of creepy on eBay for a great price. It's getting harder to complete the runs for an affordable figure.

#5503523 - 03/07/12 09:57 AM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: Mike's Rack]
drenok Offline
Learning the Ropes

My thoughts exactly....I have a great, high grade set of Creepy. A bit over 50 percent complete. And I am now thinking to myself, it is going to cost me and arm and a leg to complete the set.

I couldn't agree with you more! I guess its a double edged sword. Whatever you own is rapidly increasing in value. So its not such a bad thing.

#5504291 - 03/07/12 03:15 PM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: drenok]
drenok Offline
Learning the Ropes

The market seems to be much more stable today then it was a few years ago. Between 2004 and 2007, there were a few high grade collections that went to auction on Ebay and at Heritage in Dallas. Many high grade, slabbed Warren magazines hit the market during this time. Some books commanded huge prices. Others went for ridiculously low prices. However, that was because there were two or three heavy hitters/investors throwing in huge bids and competing against each other for these books.

Today, the market seems more balanced. I think there are more buyers and now more collectors of Warren magazines than years ago. Some basic price guidelines have been established because of the supply and demand of the market. These classic, old school mags seem to be ringing a nostalgic bell with collectors and investors alike. I hope they continue to do well and gain attention.

#5505135 - 03/07/12 07:47 PM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: drenok]
CatskillMike Online   content
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
It still boggles my mind how these books don't get the attention they deserve, considering the quality of most of the artwork.

#5505211 - 03/07/12 08:05 PM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: CatskillMike]
Makmorn Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Central Florida
 Originally Posted By: CatskillMike
It still boggles my mind how these books don't get the attention they deserve, considering the quality of most of the artwork.

Quiet!
Some of those Marvel collectors in the other forums might hear you and wake up before it's too late, let them continue to sleep

#5505601 - 03/07/12 09:22 PM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: Makmorn]
nickwire Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: niagara falls
agreed! shhhhhh. let us get em all
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...rue#Post4685969
always looking for IRON MAIDEN items
always looking for FELIX POTVIN items
always looking for ARCHIE related books and HALLOWEEN and CHRISTMAS covers
always looking for MATTHEW KIRSCHT postcards, art, books etc etc

#5505639 - 03/07/12 09:31 PM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: nickwire]
Amazing Spidey Offline
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Baltimore-Washington Area
Did anyone check out the Creepy 17 in the CLink auction this month? That went for a strong price.

Also--there are several other Creepys up in the March auction--including issue 29!

#5505691 - 03/07/12 09:42 PM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: Makmorn]
DiceX Online   offline

PREMATURE TOTAL NEWBIFICATION

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: \_(ツ)_/
 Originally Posted By: Makmorn
 Originally Posted By: CatskillMike

Quiet!
Some of those Marvel collectors in the other forums might hear you and wake up before it's too late, let them continue to sleep

No kidding. I enjoy being able to buy them without having to sell plasma.
I don't care if nobody else ever likes them. I like them and that's all that matters.

#5505944 - 03/07/12 10:38 PM Re: Warren Magazines are heating up!!!!! [Re: Amazing Spidey]
Makmorn Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Central Florida
 Originally Posted By: Amazing Spidey
Did anyone check out the Creepy 17 in the CLink auction this month? That went for a strong price.

Crud, I got ripped off, mine only has 1 cover \:\(

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod2, cgcmod3, Harshen, cgcmod, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1807 Draped busts :-) CAC
by x2rider
10:41 PM
2013 5 oz America The Beautiful set (Mint version, 5 coins)
by stldanceartist
10:27 PM
New coins added to my website! 1909 VDB Cents; Chop Mark T$1; Dan Carr Medals ++
by illini420
05:37 PM
GreatCollections - Today - CAC High Relief, Baseball Coins, 1865 $5 and More
by ianrussell
09:21 AM
Comics Marketplace
Mike Perkins Full Body Captain America Sketch CGC 9.8 SS $150
by Trey Cannon
11:37 PM
Looney Tunes Merrie Melodies 1 (1941)
by RobbieC
11:32 PM
DC Comics Presents #26 and Superior #1 1st Print / World Record Special Sets
by Mangbus
11:26 PM
Neal Adams Batman run (with all keys) ending tomorrow night (4/21), plus more!
by Chip Cataldo
10:56 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles