Page 1 of 11 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5491458 - 03/02/12 07:43 AM Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years!
Forbush-Man Offline

Custom title? I don't need no stinkin' custom title.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 1st EMPEROR !!!!!!
Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years Link to Article

\:o

EMPIRE COLLECTIBLES
Pulp Magazines, Comic Books & more...

Make today the day you decide to become a positive member of our online community.
-Forbush-Man: The artist formerly known as FUELMAN.

#5491490 - 03/02/12 08:16 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: Forbush-Man]
kdoginohio Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Nowhere near The Nati!
I'd luv to meet the scientist that has been testing the water for 300 million years. Is he eating a lot of yogurt? \(shrug\)

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

#5491518 - 03/02/12 08:34 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: Forbush-Man]
The_Black_Hand Offline

The Common Man
meets
Regular People

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Guillotine Sharpening Shop
I will no longer pee in the ocean. Sorry for all the trouble.

Everything I say here, comes from the mouth of a fictional character in a book I'm writing.

God is Love.

#5491562 - 03/02/12 09:08 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: Forbush-Man]
drice6900 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Still a Rush-free Utopia
Don't worry, there will be plenty of jabberjaws coming here soon to tell you the data is skewed, it is a natural cycle, Gore did it, etc etc.

The house could be burning down around them, but all they see is their favorite talking head on the TV screen... \:\(

"Fine - as soon as I finish this chapter of Tolkien! I always was a sucker for far-out fantasy!" - Captain America (Avengers Vol. 1, #46)

�I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.� - B.B. esq

#5491586 - 03/02/12 09:16 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: drice6900]
Buffyfan Offline

"I don't feel like a freaknut..."

"Sometimes you don't."

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Watching the Lunatics Run the ...
 Originally Posted By: drice6900
Don't worry, there will be plenty of jabberjaws coming here soon to tell you the data is skewed, it is a natural cycle, Gore did it, etc etc.

The house could be burning down around them, but all they see is their favorite talking head on the TV screen... \:\(

Yeah, it's hard to get a grant with inconclusive data isn't it?

WANTED: (preferably pedigreed)
Extreme High Grade Vampirella's

http://www.donwalthropphotography.com

Widespread acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity. -Robert Langdon

"Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you are being had. Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Michael Crichton 1/17/03 speech California Institute of Technology"

#5491607 - 03/02/12 09:23 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: drice6900]
Forbush-Man Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: drice6900

Most of them are here now, just one or two missing.

It's like saying "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"

EMPIRE COLLECTIBLES

Make today the day you decide to become a positive member of our online community.

#5491646 - 03/02/12 09:42 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: kdoginohio]
Forbush-Man Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: kdoginohio
I'd luv to meet the scientist that has been testing the water for 300 million years. Is he eating a lot of yogurt? \(shrug\)

Why all the Buggaboo? hm

"The scientists used fossil records including the preservation of calcium carbonate in ocean sediments and the concentrations of various elements to reconstruct past ocean conditions. Two other mass extinctions about 200 million years and 252 million years ago may also be linked to acidification, though theres less fossil evidence, according to the study."

That's evidence; cold, hard facts.

EMPIRE COLLECTIBLES

#5491704 - 03/02/12 10:10 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: The_Black_Hand]
bronzilla Offline

My friends call me "etc"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Outside the Matrix. Where RU?
 Originally Posted By: The_Black_Hand
I will no longer pee in the ocean. Sorry for all the trouble.

Populations suffer from a fear of change, for their conditioning assumes a static identity. Challenging ones belief system usually results in insult and aprehension. Being wrong is eroniously associated with failure, when in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates us to a new level of understanding. There is no such thing as a smart Human being, for it is merely a matter of time before their ideas are updated, changed or eradicated. This tendency to hold on to a belief system, any belief system and sheltering it from new possibly transforming information, is nothing less than intellectual materialism. Dominant World views operate with the same social irrelevancy, they exist as barriers to social and individual growth. Major institutions exist as barriers to personal and social growth for each group perpetuates a closed world view.

Pat Tillman... Remember him please, he deserved so much more. http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/

#5491762 - 03/02/12 10:36 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: bronzilla]
Forbush-Man Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Link to the U.S. National Science Foundation article Link-a-Dork

EMPIRE COLLECTIBLES

#5491787 - 03/02/12 10:45 AM Re: Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years! [Re: Forbush-Man]
Buffyfan Offline

"I don't feel like a freaknut..."

"Sometimes you don't."

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Watching the Lunatics Run the ...
 Originally Posted By: FUELMAN
 Originally Posted By: kdoginohio

Why all the Buggaboo? hm

"The scientists used fossil records including the preservation of calcium carbonate in ocean sediments and the concentrations of various elements to reconstruct past ocean conditions. Two other mass extinctions about 200 million years and 252 million years ago may also be linked to acidification, though theres less fossil evidence, according to the study."

That's evidence; cold, hard facts.

Cold hard facts with words like "may"? Sure.

WANTED: (preferably pedigreed)
Extreme High Grade Vampirella's

http://www.donwalthropphotography.com

Widespread acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity. -Robert Langdon

"Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you are being had. Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Michael Crichton 1/17/03 speech California Institute of Technology"

Page 1 of 11 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set For Sale
by stevek426
01:48 PM
Welcome to August - everything in my store is 15% off!
by stldanceartist
10:17 AM
WTB WHITE 1879 proof Morgan dollar
by HashTag
12:07 AM
BUYING: WHEAT CENTS
by Wheatcollector
08:21 PM
Comics Marketplace
SDCC '14 Complete DC Set: BM32, Grayson 1, HQ 1 sketch/blank, SM32
by heymikesays
Batman Adventures #12 NM- SOLD
by paperheart
05:24 PM
Selling some of my comics to pay car payment.
by maidenmate91
03:30 PM
X-MEN #120 CGC 9.8, X-MEN #121 CGC 9.8 & X-MEN #122 CGC 9.8
by loboagain
02:59 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.