Page 1 of 20 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5476329 - 02/25/12 04:11 PM Racist Golden Corral Commercial
Buffyfan Offline

"I don't feel like a freaknut..."

"Sometimes you don't."

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Watching the Lunatics Run the ...
Ok, so my video isn't great but this is a new version of a Golden Corral commercial.

Why do they have to show black folks diving out of a car because the restaurant they are going to is too expensive?

At least the last version of the commercial made it seem that they didn't want to go to some cheap place where they had to share an appetizer. (Even though at Golden Corral you're basically sharing food with everyone.)

WANTED: (preferably pedigreed)
Extreme High Grade Vampirella's

http://www.donwalthropphotography.com

Widespread acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity. -Robert Langdon´

"Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you are being had. Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Michael Crichton 1/17/03 speech California Institute of Technology"

#5476362 - 02/25/12 04:24 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: Buffyfan]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Start a thread about it...
They didn't. They were still smiling during the part where she said it was pricey. They jumped out because she said "I hope we catch the chef on a good night" and they saw the Golden Coral.

\(shrug\)

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#5476389 - 02/25/12 04:36 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: VintageComics]
Buffyfan Offline

"I don't feel like a freaknut..."

"Sometimes you don't."

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Watching the Lunatics Run the ...
 Originally Posted By: VintageComics
They didn't. They were still smiling during the part where she said it was pricey. They jumped out because she said "I hope we catch the chef on a good night" and they saw the Golden Coral.

\(shrug\)

Here's the original version posted by someone else on YouTube. His comments are pretty funny.

I think the new one seems much more racist.

WANTED: (preferably pedigreed)
Extreme High Grade Vampirella's

http://www.donwalthropphotography.com

Widespread acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity. -Robert Langdon´

"Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you are being had. Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Michael Crichton 1/17/03 speech California Institute of Technology"

#5476417 - 02/25/12 04:47 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: Buffyfan]
shadroch Online   happy
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Jet Blue Flight 711
Not having them in the commercial would be racist. Having them in the front seat would be too 'Driving Miss Daisy".

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master.

You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.

Comic rich but cash poor?
I will lend you money with your CGC comics as collateral. PM for details.
All transactions 100% confidential

#5476449 - 02/25/12 05:09 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: Buffyfan]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Start a thread about it...
 Originally Posted By: Buffyfan
 Originally Posted By: VintageComics

\(shrug\)

Here's the original version posted by someone else on YouTube. His comments are pretty funny.

I think the new one seems much more racist.

The guy making the comments has a persecution complex.

It's ridiculous. Are only Caucasian people allowed to be in funny commercials?

Personally, it wouldn't have crossed my mind that this commercial was racist.

Anybody that thinks this is a racist commercial might have issues.

Please, what's next? I'm only allowed to tell white jokes to white people? I think some people take it a little too far.

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#5476456 - 02/25/12 05:13 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: Buffyfan]
FUELMAN Offline

Custom title? I don't need no stinkin' custom title.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 1st EMPEROR !!!!!!

EMPIRE COLLECTIBLES
Pulp Magazines, Comic Books & more...

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on climate change. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), summarized below:
1. Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.
2. Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities.
3. No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points.

#5476466 - 02/25/12 05:17 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: FUELMAN]
WoodenJefferson Offline

I have nothing to add or subtract, I am merely here.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Planted securely in my Barcalo...
It would have been racist only if the couple had bailed out in front of a place such as Big Momma's Rib Shack, as it is...naw, not even close.

A well versed collector learns something new everyday.

#5476500 - 02/25/12 05:30 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: WoodenJefferson]
drice6900 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Still a Rush-free Utopia
 Originally Posted By: WoodenJefferson
It would have been racist only if the couple had bailed out in front of a place such as Big Momma's Rib Shack, as it is...naw, not even close.

+1. Big ado about nothing.

"Fine - as soon as I finish this chapter of Tolkien! I always was a sucker for far-out fantasy!" - Captain America (Avengers Vol. 1, #46)

´┐ŻI don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.´┐Ż - B.B. esq

#5476624 - 02/25/12 06:36 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: drice6900]
Artboy99 Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Edmonton, AB , Canada
we would be hearing how racist the commercial was if it was white people jumping out of the car instead of black. You can't win

#5476810 - 02/25/12 07:53 PM Re: Racist Golden Corral Commercial [Re: Artboy99]
genrlzod Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Harrisburg PA
The version in my area has them jump out with the guy saying they are not going to share an appetizer.

Page 1 of 20 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
20 Piece Odd Silver Lot
by Hibou
08:50 PM
Modern Commemorative mint package sets
by Six Mile Rick
08:15 PM
WTB 2014-P 5 oz ATB Smoky Mountains 25C NGC SP70 Early Releases
by NamesJay
03:32 PM
1921 Peace dollars for sale
by Nutmeg Coin
11:40 AM
Comics Marketplace
Walking Dead 24 CGC 9.8 Sale
by dead_clone
X-Men 1, Blonde Phantom 16 & Worldĺs Finest Comics 3 in this Sundayĺs Auction
by HeritageComics
12:44 AM
Walking Dad Variant Package of 4 (#1con variants chicago, st louis, #100 escape)
by ZGagnon
11:39 PM
"Whoa. Ladies. I need names and shots. Bartender!" (Fantastic Four 1)
by rfoiii
10:45 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.