Page 4 of 185 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#5504030 - 03/07/12 01:34 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: shirohniichan]
NamesJay Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Tampa, FL
 Originally Posted By: shirohniichan
Oy gewalt!

I went to Angels Stadium today to redeem my vouchers for real game tickets this morning and was surprised to see hundreds of people lined up. The ticket office opened at 9:00 AM, and I got there at 8:15.

Pujols fever must have hit Orange County hard. The first few hundred people lined up got green wrist bands, and the second group of 500 got white wrist bands numbered from 500 to 999. I stayed until about 12:30 PM, and by that time they hadn't gotten to all of the green wrist bands. I was told to come back tomorrow as they wouldn't get to my number group (800s) by the time they close at 6:00 PM.

Already a number of games have sold out for discount ticket holders, and I'm not ready to be a big spender for game this year. \:p

I can see Yankees and BoSox tickets selling out quickly, but this is a first for the Halos.

The best player in the past 30 years will have that effect.

#5504607 - 03/07/12 05:03 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: NamesJay]
Marvelfangirl Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: middle of nowhere,TX
 Originally Posted By: NamesJay
Oy gewalt!

I went to Angels Stadium today to redeem my vouchers for real game tickets this morning and was surprised to see hundreds of people lined up. The ticket office opened at 9:00 AM, and I got there at 8:15.

Pujols fever must have hit Orange County hard. The first few hundred people lined up got green wrist bands, and the second group of 500 got white wrist bands numbered from 500 to 999. I stayed until about 12:30 PM, and by that time they hadn't gotten to all of the green wrist bands. I was told to come back tomorrow as they wouldn't get to my number group (800s) by the time they close at 6:00 PM.

Already a number of games have sold out for discount ticket holders, and I'm not ready to be a big spender for game this year. \:p

I can see Yankees and BoSox tickets selling out quickly, but this is a first for the Halos.

Indeed.

#5504686 - 03/07/12 05:36 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: NamesJay]
Bronzed Jbone Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: National Park NJ

Who was better 31 years ago?

#5504819 - 03/07/12 06:14 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Bronzed Jbone]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Up your kilt with a wire brush...
Probably best player since Mantle
Check out my Kudos thread!
am looking for the following:

#5504867 - 03/07/12 06:30 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Bronzed Jbone]
genrlzod Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Harrisburg PA
 Originally Posted By: Bronzed Jbone

Mike Schmidt.

#5505082 - 03/07/12 07:30 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: genrlzod]
shirohniichan Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: South Central Orange County
Here's the local paper's account of the Angels' ticket rush over the past two days.

I'm glad the weather out here is decent. I'd have hated to have waited all day in the snow or rain for tickets. \:p

I don't think Reggie Jackson drew this much of a response when he came to the Angels back in the '80s.

#5505193 - 03/07/12 08:00 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: genrlzod]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: genrlzod

Mike Schmidt.

My favorite player ever. Ive got a pretty nice run of his cards too.
I think overall Schmidt was a better player. Offensively I think Pujols is better.

On a side note, me and my assistant coach were talking the other day. And the I said something like, well, 30 years ago blah blah blah. I was thinking back to the 60's. 30 years ago was 1982
Its funny how that happens.

#5505197 - 03/07/12 08:00 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: shirohniichan]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Here's the local paper's account of the Angels' ticket rush over the past two days.

I'm glad the weather out here is decent. I'd have hated to have waited all day in the snow or rain for tickets. \:p

I don't think Reggie Jackson drew this much of a response when he came to the Angels back in the '80s.

Thats cause Reggie was much closer to done than Pujols is.

#5505288 - 03/07/12 08:25 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: arexcrooke]
shirohniichan Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: South Central Orange County
 Quote:
On a side note, me and my assistant coach were talking the other day. And the I said something like, well, 30 years ago blah blah blah. I was thinking back to the 60's. 30 years ago was 1982

lol

Oh, wait...

hm

I do the same thing.

doh\!

#5505723 - 03/07/12 09:52 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: arexcrooke]
genrlzod Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Harrisburg PA
 Originally Posted By: arexcrooke
 Originally Posted By: genrlzod

Mike Schmidt.

My favorite player ever. Ive got a pretty nice run of his cards too.
I think overall Schmidt was a better player. Offensively I think Pujols is better.

I not quite to the point where 30 years ago is the 60s (I'm only 39) but I do work with a lot of people in their late 20s and early 30s so I do have a bit of a disconnect at times. When people don't know what a mimeograph machine is you know you are getting old.

As for Schmidt I agree with you, Pujols is a better hitter just look at his average, but Schmidt was great at defense, and 10 golden gloves proves that.

Page 4 of 185 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Ebay Consignments - Old Holders, Toners, Type Coins, Rainbow Toned Peace Dollar
by coinman_23885
10:12 PM
FSH; BU roll 1956 Franklins fresh and crisp $335
by cucamongacoin
05:56 PM
Barber Coins for Sale
by Elbesaar
01:58 PM
FSH: Some Monster Rainbow Toners! Washingtons, Franklins, Lincolns
by PCcoins
01:32 PM
Comics Marketplace
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #3 CGC 9.8 NEAR MINT WHITE PAGES
by jchuchu
11:16 PM
Bill Everett Silver Surfer #1 (1968) Color Guides!
by AnkurJ
11:13 PM
SkOw's Summer Cleanup Sale: Up first some Grootness and Neal Adams Goodness! :-)
by SkOw
08:49 PM
ADVENTURE COMICS 62 SOLD THREAD CLOSED
by Vtcomics
08:47 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.026 seconds in which 0.017 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.