Page 2 of 185 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5470065 - 02/23/12 07:10 AM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Marvelfangirl]
Jeffro Offline

Speaking as myself, I don't deserve anything.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: CT
 Originally Posted By: Marvelfangirl

While I would like the Red Sox to win,I'm just being a realist after the "breakdown" and Beer & Chicken gate.

What happened then has zero bearing on what happens this year. They could very well miss the playoff but it won't have anything to do with what happened last September. The team still has a sick amount of talent.

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. - topofthetotem

Leaner. Lower. Longer. (that's what she said) - Ogami

#5470160 - 02/23/12 08:35 AM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Jeffro]
graffix13 Offline
The Collectinator

Loc: Kansas City, MO
I just want to see my Royals get to .500 this year. And in 2013, make a run for the playoffs.

We've suffered enough misery here in KC the last 20+ years with the Royals....we are DUE!!!

#5470175 - 02/23/12 08:42 AM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: graffix13]
drice6900 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Still a Rush-free Utopia
 Originally Posted By: graffix13
I just want to see my Royals get to .500 this year. And in 2013, make a run for the playoffs.

We've suffered enough misery here in KC the last 20+ years with the Royals....we are DUE!!!

You have to get past the Prince this year

"Fine - as soon as I finish this chapter of Tolkien! I always was a sucker for far-out fantasy!" - Captain America (Avengers Vol. 1, #46)

�I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.� - B.B. esq

#5470179 - 02/23/12 08:43 AM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Marvelfangirl]
s-man Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: RedSox/Celtics Country
 Originally Posted By: s-man
YankessRed Sox & Phillies will win the AL & NL East.

Rangers & Angels will get in the playoffs.

Astros will still suck.

Red Sox will miss win in the playoffs and WS.

Fixed! \(thumbs u
lol

While I would like the Red Sox to win,I'm just being a realist after the "breakdown" and Beer & Chicken gate.

Please don't hate

I do hope they beat my predictions.

Hopefully they banned beer and chicken from the park!

#5470829 - 02/23/12 01:22 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: s-man]
Jeffro Offline

Speaking as myself, I don't deserve anything.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: CT
I've already ordered my opening day feast. A bucket of original recipe and a case of Sam Adams.

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. - topofthetotem

Leaner. Lower. Longer. (that's what she said) - Ogami

#5471119 - 02/23/12 03:04 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Marvelfangirl]
Spiderman-on-Tilt Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: San Diego, CA
 Originally Posted By: s-man
YankessRed Sox & Phillies will win the AL & NL East.

Rangers & Angels will get in the playoffs.

Astros will still suck.

Red Sox will miss win in the playoffs and WS.

Fixed! (thumbs u
lol

Please don't hate

I do hope they beat my predictions.

Double correction.....Red Sox don't even make the playoffs.

They haven't added anything to the team as they have lost players. (Thanks for Papelpon ;) )

Wildcard will either be Rangers or Angels.

Tampa Bay is better than the Red Sox.

#5471920 - 02/23/12 07:46 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Spiderman-on-Tilt]
comix4fun Offline

This is one of the rare times that having no friends works in my favor.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Under The Serious Moonlight
Holy Carp!!

They overturned Braun's suspension.

That's the first time it's ever happened!!

Edit: Read about it here... Braun Wins Appeal

It wasn't a clean test that won it for it, it was a technicality. He attacked the security of the sample before testing.

"That's my secret.....I'm always angry."

"I wake up in the morning and I *spoon* excellence. I am just a big, hairy, American, winning machine."

#5472025 - 02/23/12 08:25 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: comix4fun]
Park Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Next to the Dressmakers Dummy
 Originally Posted By: ESPN

A person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press that, after being informed of the positive result, Braun asked to have another urine test taken, and that the second test was within normal range.

I wonder what the time frame was for the second test? A week later ? A month? How long does this stuff stay in your system?

This doesn't really make you feel that he was all that innocent.

Has he ever came out directly and said he never used any PEDs?

This topic has been moved.

This thread was sent away to live on a nice farm, where it can play all day with lots of other threads. CCGMod0 (?) via Fingh

#5472078 - 02/23/12 08:43 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Park]
Bronzed Jbone Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: National Park NJ
NL East is going to be a great test. Sillies, Gnats, Squaws & Marlins can all contend. Mess is a mess.

Yanks in the AL.

#5472428 - 02/23/12 10:52 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Bronzed Jbone]
Ariamus Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 3rd Rock From the Sun
I agree with those that say the NL East will be very tough this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mets lost 100 games this season. This is not because they're 100 losses bad; they're not. In other years, in fact, they may float around 500 for a good portion of the year. But the other four teams in the division are above 500 teams and the Mets are going to get caught in their crossfire as the only team in the division that's not good.

AL East will be tough once again and I certainly don't believe the negative prognostications regarding the Sox. Valentine will whip those guys into shape and it always takes a couple of years for him to wear out his welcome. Yankees, Sox, and Rays will all duke it out and the Jays are on the come; maybe just a year away.

The AL West probably rounds out the three toughest divisions. It's not at all deep. Oakland and Seattle will both be bad. But the Rangers and Angels are each both in the conversation for best team in the league. I give a slight edge to the Angels and objectively so in the regular season because they have at worst, the second best rotation in the league (and I think they're better if not necessarily as talented as the Rays' rotation).

As I've already hinted, I think the above three divisions will produce seven of the ten "playoff" teams and the other three will produce the remaining three post-season bound clubs. The early money has to be on the Tigers, Cards, and D-Backs in the AL Central, NL Central, and NL West respectively.

Page 2 of 185 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
eBay: 5 oz ATB NGC graded, MS70 ASE, ending tomorrow night
by stldanceartist
12:53 PM
$1000, $500 and (3) $100 Bills up for sale
by TetonWarrior
04/17/14 11:40 PM
FS: 1795 $1 DB VF30 OGH & 1805 50c XF45
by Rayman311
04/17/14 08:22 AM
1950 PCGS PF-65 CAM Franklin CAC
by jimbucks
04/16/14 09:08 PM
Comics Marketplace
Signature Series books just in
by Darrell F
02:11 AM
Random Lots and Sets: Wolverine TPBs, X-Men, Marvel Zombies, Daredevil, WW Hulk
by AnthaiHERO
01:13 AM
70's Pop Culture Nostalgia EXPLOSION!!
by comix4fun
12:49 AM
Fantastic Four # 45 CGC 9.2 white pager on E-Bay no reserve auction
by nextlevelmp
12:42 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.