• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gil Kane Cover Thread
6 6

627 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm going to try to keep this thread going. It's getting lonely here, but hey, Gil Kane only drew about 8 zillion covers. I figure there's plenty of time before the thread goes on life support.

I finish work in the morning for the weekend (London con here I come) So I should have a bit of time to help you out tomorrow, allthough you are doing a pretty good job on your own so far. :applause:

Thanks for playing too, Batmiesta! I forgot how good the Man-Thing #4 cover is. And I've never even seen a copy of Tomb of Darkness #12 before.

Maybe It's the Tom Palmer inks, but some of these have a Neal Adams vibe.

Yeah! Those two definitely do, In fact, I had to double check that the T.O.D #12 was actually Kane.

Thanks for playing too, Batmiesta! I forgot how good the Man-Thing #4 cover is. And I've never even seen a copy of Tomb of Darkness #12 before.

Yeah! Those two definitely do, In fact, I had to double check that the T.O.D #12 was actually Kane.

That Defenders 21 sure looks like Adams inks as well.

That Defenders 21 sure looks like Adams inks as well.

I agree, Janson seems to have that effect on Kane's work.

Picture224.jpg

I never realized this was Kane before. I guess if I would have looked closer I would have noticed Kane anatomy with the Vision and Scarlett Witch. But in the original cover, stuff like Thor's left hand is far more Romita to me. What stories are in that book? I've never seen it before.

Avengers122.jpg