• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nintendo Power Magazines Collectors represent!
1 1

66 posts in this topic

Some of the earlier issues are now classics in my mind. I have always thought these covers would conjure up fantastic memories of begotten times when 8bit games where king and covers were done with clay and live action models!

I'm always looking to buy brand new and minty fresh copies of the first 20 issues. Especially issue #1.

cNintendoPower1.png

Only have the first issue, but I'm happy with my copy :)

I was looking at mine earlier today and thinking about having it graded, however they have not graded any of these yet.

Probably need to call and be sure before sending anything new down there.

nintendo.jpg

I have a bunch of them from the first issue up. I pick them up at yard sales whenever I run across them. I'd love to have a cherry copy of #1.

I worked for the printing company that printed these when they first started out and brought a copy home to my son every time we did a new one. The way those things were produced was the most bizarre story. I'll have to share it one of these days if there's interest.

I'll have to put my NP's in some kind of order and take a pic. No idea how many I have but there's a box full.

I have a bunch of them from the first issue up. I pick them up at yard sales whenever I run across them. I'd love to have a cherry copy of #1.

I worked for the printing company that printed these when they first started out and brought a copy home to my son every time we did a new one. The way those things were produced was the most bizarre story. I'll have to share it one of these days if there's interest.

I'll have to put my NP's in some kind of order and take a pic. No idea how many I have but there's a box full.

:o

Share the story!

I was looking at mine earlier today and thinking about having it graded, however they have not graded any of these yet.

nintendo.jpg

That copy is beautiful. If it every needs a new home you need to send me a pm. :cloud9:

nintendo.jpg

Did you ever make that call? Ive been considering starting a thread to lobby to have nintendo powers graded. It would end all question of what to collect next.

Can you confirm any of this:

Free sample copy version print run 3000

Free poster inside version print run 3.5 million

actual copies sent in the cardboard mailer as free sample copies, approx 5000

And is your crazy story about production related to the rumor that only the 5000 sent in the cardboard mailers have any chance of being high grade?

Wow wish i would have saved mine, i remember cracking open my nes and giving the little posstcard to my dad to send in for my free copy. By the time i tossed it was well loved, i think the cover had been removed by one of my brothers. Memories.

Wow wish i would have saved mine, i remember cracking open my nes and giving the little posstcard to my dad to send in for my free copy. By the time i tossed it was well loved, i think the cover had been removed by one of my brothers. Memories.

I beat the sh (tsk) t out of my copies of Nintendo Power. They were by my side as beacon's of light as I tried to acquired the Red Candle, Silver Arrows, navigated through the tear your hair out graveyard maze in Zelda. Wow, what memories. LOVED these things.

For me they actually linked me to comics. I had a buddy in the early 90's (I was like 12 years old) and his brother was off in the military (desert storm?) In his closet he had a TON of 70's/80's Claremont X-Men. All books that were way out of my price range at 12 years old.

Well, my buddy really wanted my collection of Nintendo Power mags! So we worked out a deal Nintendo Powers for Claremont X-men's :cloud9:

In retrospect I feel horrible for facilitating that deal of his brothers comics at the age of 12. I'm sure his brother tanned his hyde when he got back. :insane:

- bounty

I used to have the entire run of issue 1 to maybe issue 119? Early 2000, I went off to bootcamp and my mother decided to trash the entire set. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper.

nintendo.jpg

Did you ever make that call? Ive been considering starting a thread to lobby to have nintendo powers graded. It would end all question of what to collect next.

As of yet, they don't grade them. I wish they would as well. That lobby thread would be a good idea

I believe it was called turboplay

I believe it was. These are sitting somewhere near the Nintendo Powers, so I have no way of knowing what I have, as I do not keep an active inventory of magazines.

I stopped reading Nintendo Power about the time they started to allow third party advertisements. I still buy the early issues whenever I see them, as I like the older video game magazines like classic Game Pro and Video Games and Computer Entertainment (my fav).

'mint'

I beat the sh (tsk) t out of my copies of Nintendo Power. They were by my side as beacon's of light as I tried to acquired the Red Candle, Silver Arrows, navigated through the tear your hair out graveyard maze in Zelda. Wow, what memories. LOVED these things.

For me they actually linked me to comics. I had a buddy in the early 90's (I was like 12 years old) and his brother was off in the military (desert storm?) In his closet he had a TON of 70's/80's Claremont X-Men. All books that were way out of my price range at 12 years old.

Well, my buddy really wanted my collection of Nintendo Power mags! So we worked out a deal Nintendo Powers for Claremont X-men's :cloud9:

In retrospect I feel horrible for facilitating that deal of his brothers comics at the age of 12. I'm sure his brother tanned his hyde when he got back. :insane:

- bounty

Until recently I had no idea how popular these mags are. I had quite a few at one time and I hope they are still in the attic at my parent's house :wishluck:

Might have to invite myself over to the parent's house for dinner and dig through the attic while I'm there. I know there was one issue that featured an article on Double Dragon :cloud9: that I read a million times before I got the game for Christmas.

Until recently I had no idea how popular these mags are. I had quite a few at one time and I hope they are still in the attic at my parent's house :wishluck:

Might have to invite myself over to the parent's house for dinner and dig through the attic while I'm there. I know there was one issue that featured an article on Double Dragon :cloud9: that I read a million times before I got the game for Christmas.

Whips, chains, bats, switchblades....Oh My! :o

Whips, chains, bats, switchblades....Oh My! :o

I know, right? Kind of funny that I got those games for Christmas. Ikari Warriors and Double Dragon were both awesome games that I loved as a kid. And I'm a pretty easy-going individual which makes me somewhat skeptical of the argument that video games breed violence. Of course, NES graphic violence is slightly less realistic than video games today :grin:

I digress...just need to dig up those NP issues out of the attic...

Can you confirm any of this:

Free sample copy version print run 3000

Free poster inside version print run 3.5 million

actual copies sent in the cardboard mailer as free sample copies, approx 5000

And is your crazy story about production related to the rumor that only the 5000 sent in the cardboard mailers have any chance of being high grade?

I couldn't even guess as to what the print runs were. I knew at the time but time has erased this random number from my mind. :cry: